Pre-season friendlies 14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebc_99

The result wasn bad at all. But still the same problems remain from last season. Thats whats giving me a strange feeling. We really should have learned from last season but it seems like we are oversleep the evolution of football at the moment. Still have the old squad with no changes. Still counting on some players who might no be good enough to play on the top level ( masch,bartra,alexis,song, pinto, valdes ) and still got those huge problems at the defense with no player whos good in the air and even worse our keepers.

That is what preseason is for, to learn new things and to gain fitness. The team has only been together a week and played one friendly against the best team in Europe with only 1 first team player and without a coach. I don't know what you were expecting, If we had our first team with 7 games under our belt and a coach and we played against Bayern with only 1 first team player in only their first game and without a coach I would expect us to win by more than 2 goals.

Our kids did really well in the second half especially the last 20 minutes as they grew in confidence. I really think we are only a couple of defenders away from being a complete team and if Martino sorts out our defensive weaknesses and brings back hard pressing we will be the best team in the world again.

A lot of people on this board are seriously underestimating our players which is really unbelievable, it is almost like they have forgotten how good they are. Dani Alves is a good example, some fans want him sold, this guy has been the best right back in the world for the last 5 years and had one so-so season and people want rid of him. And they always think that players on other teams are better yet we still have the best midfield and a wonderful attack and while our defence is a weakness it is mostly tactical although we do need reinforcements it won't make a difference if the tactics are not developed.

Sasuke85

This Bayern may be strong, but they are not as beautiful as us.

I hope we will have Tata and the best players coming back for the match in Norway.

Meitux

We won't have the players from Confederations cup for this match either.They come back at 28 or 29,they will need some days of training to get match fit.

mixer

I don't think they'll be with the team at Gdansk. They're coming back on Monday for the 1st session and medical check-up.
I read it's possible, even though it's only one day after their arrival. I am just hoping, wud love to see neyney's debut in Poland :D

F

Flavia

First training session in Oslo

www.fcbarcelona.cat
07/25/2013 20:02

Barça trained this Thursday afternoon at Bislett Stadion in Oslo. The 12 available first team players, in addition to 11 Barça B players, participated in the session

2013-07-25_ENTRENO_42-Optimized.v1374780133.JPG

After the first match of the preseason, against Bayern, Barça returned to training. Coinciding with the arrival of Gerardo Martino in Barcelona, the team travelled to Oslo, where they trained behind closed doors at Bislett Stadion. The stadium is known for hosting the Track and Field Diamond League.

The 12 first team players and the 11 Barça B players trained under the guidance of Jordi Roura and Rubi. Before the session, the players and technical staff observed a minute of silence for the victims of the train accident in Santiago. On Friday, the team will train twice to prepare for the friendly against Valerenga, which is scheduled for 19.00 on Saturday. The morning session will held at Ullevaal Stadion, the same venue that will host the match, and the afternoon session will be at Bislett Stadion.

I

instinct

Wasn't a good match. But it tells nothing about what will come with Martino and fit players but this match shows something else. It shows what has cost us the Champions League title and the Copa del Rey title. It shows us why whe lost 7-0 to Bayern. It doesn't matter which players were on the pitch. Messi just walked over the pitch. Compared to Ribery, he did NOTHING. Our pressing was awful. Bayern had more rooms than the biggest hotels of the world. Yeah, everyone can say that we were not fit yesterday but it really shocks me that we behaved nearly the same in the matches against Bayern and Real were everyone of our starters were on the pitch. And IMO this is one of the reason to be really disappointed about this game. It's a great reflection about our recent season. But the positive thing is that this match is perfect for Tata to recognize our mistakes and to improve them. I'm optimistic

nebeer

Love is All
I missed the game, but sure didn't like the result. Martino will surely find this game where to start working from.

Shegzy

That is what preseason is for, to learn new things and to gain fitness. The team has only been together a week and played one friendly against the best team in Europe with only 1 first team player and without a coach. I don't know what you were expecting, If we had our first team with 7 games under our belt and a coach and we played against Bayern with only 1 first team player in only their first game and without a coach I would expect us to win by more than 2 goals.

Our kids did really well in the second half especially the last 20 minutes as they grew in confidence. I really think we are only a couple of defenders away from being a complete team and if Martino sorts out our defensive weaknesses and brings back hard pressing we will be the best team in the world again.

A lot of people on this board are seriously underestimating our players which is really unbelievable, it is almost like they have forgotten how good they are. Dani Alves is a good example, some fans want him sold, this guy has been the best right back in the world for the last 5 years and had one so-so season and people want rid of him. And they always think that players on other teams are better yet we still have the best midfield and a wonderful attack and while our defence is a weakness it is mostly tactical although we do need reinforcements it won't make a difference if the tactics are not developed.

we had 11 first team player and 3 players from our first 11:masch,messi,alexis. And if we had been in the same condition as bayern they would still defeat us but maybe with a new coach this will change,nothing has changed much from the time they defeated us the only thing that has changed is we have gotten neymar and he alone will not tip he balance towards us and thier second 11 is way better than our second 11.

Sasuke85

we had 11 first team player and 3 players from our first 11:masch,messi,alexis. And if we had been in the same condition as bayern they would still defeat us but maybe with a new coach this will change,nothing has changed much from the time they defeated us the only thing that has changed is we have gotten neymar and he alone will not tip he balance towards us and thier second 11 is way better than our second 11.

Bayern is the strongest club in the world now. Because this title has belonged to us for several years, this is a difficult-to-accept fact for us. But we have to live with it.

However, if Tata can bring Xavi, Ini, Pique, Pedro and Alves back in form, and if we can obtain Thiago Silva, I believe we will have a good chance to be the king again.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Wasn't a good match. But it tells nothing about what will come with Martino and fit players but this match shows something else. It shows what has cost us the Champions League title and the Copa del Rey title. It shows us why whe lost 7-0 to Bayern. It doesn't matter which players were on the pitch. Messi just walked over the pitch. Compared to Ribery, he did NOTHING. Our pressing was awful. Bayern had more rooms than the biggest hotels of the world. Yeah, everyone can say that we were not fit yesterday but it really shocks me that we behaved nearly the same in the matches against Bayern and Real were everyone of our starters were on the pitch. And IMO this is one of the reason to be really disappointed about this game. It's a great reflection about our recent season. But the positive thing is that this match is perfect for Tata to recognize our mistakes and to improve them. I'm optimistic

Well said. Everyone, including Messi needs to be instilled with the sense of urgency, hunger and pride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans