Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. As I said, we often played without a proper DM and it was Deco who covered us countless times. The fouls were merely indication of his workrate.
Btw. how many games you actually seen in that period and how old were you?

GiantKiller

Deco was immense during his time with us and one of my favourite players then, but coming out in the year of 2012 chit chatting utter nonsense is just silly.

This. Don't see how there's a need to compare Deco to Xavi and Iniesta when that's clearly irrelevant.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Hm.. Don't know how you got the impression he was to blame for conceding much. Barca played without a classic DM for a while under Frank. Remember stats from the time and how impressed I was at Deco being the player making most fouls. He really worked hard and you'd be hard pressed to find many people who claimed Xavi was better than Deco at the time. Sounds like a blasphemy now but for a while that was reality.
Deco's last season wasn't good, I give you that.

Completely agreed, but what I meant was that he was a bit careless with the ball at times + playing three offensive midfielders centrally was one of the main reasons we conceded as much. It's obviously not only his fault, but while he was a class player sometimes his careless passing lead to dangerous counters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His game was more direct, I agree. You even see something similar in Thiago and he's with us for 7 years now.

SwiftGuyver

i can't imagine Pep at another club, it's going to be so weird.

i wouldn't mind it if he ended up at City, Milan or Bayern, i just hope he doesn't go to Chelski.

i'd like to see him succeed del Bosque as the Spanish national team coach eventually.

Lunisa

i can't imagine Pep at another club, it's going to be so weird.

i wouldn't mind it if he ended up at City, Milan or Bayern, i just hope he doesn't go to Chelski.

i'd like to see him succeed del Bosque as the Spanish national team coach eventually.

Totally agreed, i think bayern is the best choice for Pep

Bayern have a good academy like la masia, as we know, there's always star born from bayern :)

Maria

Lolz

Deco is more complete than Xavi and Iniesta.

Iniesta of course beats Deco in beating his man though.

Tired you cats that think football starts and ends with this current Barca team..

True..Iniesta and Xavi together aren't capable of partying as much as Deco on his own.
Deco was a great player, but he was also part of the reason Barca looked like City so much and in his last two seasons were oustanding as far as a complete lack of profesionalism goes
FIXED

For the new cats that think that football starts and ends with this current Barca team(the article is in spanish):
http://martiperarnau.blogspot.com/2007/03/el-decosistema-se-acaba.html?m=1

I can't say that my blood isn't boilling when I see that Deco was honored by Rosell, while Eto'o was aplauded less than Villa by the Camp Nou.

Stric

Football doesn't start with the current Barca team, but it sure as hell does end with it. For now. The talent and success of this generation are unrivaled.

Home of Barca Fans