Pep Guardiola

JamDav1982

The point about Arsenal is in relation to "by far" best squad. Toure and Sterling aren't even in their best 11 now when fit. Santi and Coq and Alexis and Cech are all key players, and you can make cases for some of the others.

Again, Matuidi being poor is totally irrelevant. I debunked that. He is a key player regardless of a poor game.

It may have affected the players and manager, but as you said yourself, Pellers knew about it a full month before, it didn't show up in results.

The results post-announcement were largely as you'd expect (WON THE FIRST GAME POST ANNOUNCEMENT) especially with some key players missing, and you won't even acknowledge it. You won't even acknowledge how little there was in the difference in league position, literally one game between 2nd and 4th!

What have Arsenal won when these players have been fit?

Sterling would start most of the time when fit. Toures head has gone a bit since Pep announced as I said.

Once again missing the Matuidi point.....he played half the tie when PSG couldnt beat Man City at home. When yes he was really poor and made little difference.

What is your Pellegrini point? I am saying it affected the players and he says the same but you seem to think he is lying about that.

Literally one game....but still second and the manager believes it impacted the players and you dont. Fair play. You know better.

J

Jamie Cal

What have Arsenal won when these players have been fit?

Sterling would start most of the time when fit. Toures head has gone a bit since Pep announced as I said.

Once again missing the Matuidi point.....he played half the tie when PSG couldnt beat Man City at home. When yes he was really poor and made little difference.

What is your Pellegrini point? I am saying it affected the players and he says the same but you seem to think he is lying about that.

Literally one game....but still second and the manager believes it impacted the players and you dont. Fair play. You know better.

So we're going from "who are the key players from Arsenal" to "what have they won". Ok. They were just as on course as City to win the league, ahead of them for a long time.

I've shown you the players and injuries United and Arsenal have. Key players, key times.

Sterling's fit now and doesn't start. Toure's recieved flack from City, particularly in Europe, for years. And again, diminishing. Certainly not the player he was years ago.

So in your eyes, Matuidi isn't a key player for PSG? He wasn't a loss in their most important game up to that point?

"literally one game", erm, same month they won 3-1 away in the CL and won the Carling Cup. You won't even acknowledge they played statistically the 2 hardest teams in the prem this season, but somehow it's some big indictment. You go on about their "by far" best squad, a few injuries, particularly to KDB killed them.

What they do on the pitch is what is supposed to affect them. It's obviously something to deal with I'm saying they handled it well.

JamDav1982

So we're going from "who are the key players from Arsenal" to "what have they won". Ok. They were just as on course as City to win the league, ahead of them for a long time.

I've shown you the players and injuries United and Arsenal have. Key players, key times.

Sterling's fit now and doesn't start. Toure's recieved flack from City, particularly in Europe, for years. And again, diminishing. Certainly not the player he was years ago.

So in your eyes, Matuidi isn't a key player for PSG? He wasn't a loss in their most important game up to that point?

"literally one game", erm, same month they won 3-1 away in the CL and won the Carling Cup. You won't even acknowledge they played statistically the 2 hardest teams in the prem this season, but somehow it's some big indictment. You go on about their "by far" best squad, a few injuries, particularly to KDB killed them.

What they do on the pitch is what is supposed to affect them. It's obviously something to deal with I'm saying they handled it well.

No I am saying Man Citys key players are better and more influential than the players Arsenal or Man U missed. Made that quite clear really.

Wil try again with the Matuidi point....he played half the tie when PSG couldnt beat City so he played a part and played poorly. He played half the tie and missed other half due to his own fault. He had the chance to influence the tie and couldnt. One of their better players or not that is a fact.

Man City form collapsed after Pep announced on 1st Feb. They played poorly to beat Sunderland away and then only beat Aston Villa in the league before end of April.

Pellegrini knows it and has aknowledged it but you know better.

They had played Leicester a few weeks before that also and drew 0-0 away when they were the better team.

They have the best squad you have admitted that and these players have won the league without KDB so no that was not the reason their form collapsed it was an element but Pellegrini has told you the reason he thinks but again you know best...

J

Jamie Cal

No I am saying Man Citys key players are better and more influential than the players Arsenal or Man U missed. Made that quite clear really.

Wil try again with the Matuidi point....he played half the tie when PSG couldnt beat City so he played a part and played poorly. He played half the tie and missed other half due to his own fault. He had the chance to influence the tie and couldnt.

Man City form collapsed after Pep announced on 1st Feb. They played poorly to beat Sunderland away and then only beat Aston Villa in the league before end of April.

Pellegrini knows it and has aknowledged it but you know better.

They had played Leicester a few weeks before that also and drew 0-0 away when they were the better team.

They have the best squad you have admitted that and these players have won the league without KDB so no that was not the reason their form collapsed it was an element but Pellegrini has told you the reason he thinks but again you know best...

Key player is relative to team. Alexis, Cech, Coq, Santi - aren't key players?

I ask you who key players are for City but very little answers?

Matuidi isn't a key player for PSG then?

They collapsed before that. And were in the midst of 4 competitions. The 2 loses to Spurs and Leciester hurt, and Norwich draw killed them off. Why should Pellers maintain league form when they're out of it when he can focus on the cups?

We talk about squad, you say by far best squad, they miss players, they suffer. Sounds like best team, not best squad, or at least not "by far". Ignore all the injuries Arsenal and Utd had.

They won the league without KDB, cool, what about players getting older that were once vital but now have less squad status? That was 2 years ago m8.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Oh I agree, he has his faults. I'm not sure I'd put the blame on him for our game, though, he had us completely shut down for 70 minutes until Messi pulled goals out of nothing.

lol no way. 3-0 was a deserved score line. In fact it should have been more. Bayern had that one Lewandowski chance but beyond that, nothing from them. Barca meanwhile had the clearest chance of the game (Suarez), two scoreable chances (Iniesta and Dani Alves) and a couple of other shots too (Neymar point blank miss just like Lewandowski). And the 3 goals on top of that.

Barca were easily the better team in the first leg. Remember having this same argument last year.

btw the way his team collapsed after the first goal was so bad.

J

Jamie Cal

lol no way. 3-0 was a deserved score line. In fact it should have been more. Bayern had that one Lewandowski chance but beyond that, nothing from them. Barca meanwhile had the clearest chance of the game (Suarez), two scoreable chances (Iniesta and Dani Alves) and a couple of other shots too (Neymar point blank miss just like Lewandowski). And the 3 goals on top of that.

Barca were easily the better team in the first leg. Remember having this same argument last year.

btw the way his team collapsed after the first goal was so bad.

Dani's was half a decent chance, but not a huge one. I did completely forget Suarez' tbf. Don't remember any Iniesta chance either.

Man that came was as slow and dogged as could be. It felt like the only players to perform were Messi and Jordi, they shut us down. We certainly didn't dominate the game at all. Take into account we were far and away the best team in the world last year and that was at Camp Nou too.

J

Jamie Cal

Conversation with JamDav aside - I didn't realize how old City's squad is til I had a look just now:
Caballero: 34, Kolarov: 30, Clichy: 30, Zabaleta: 31, Sagna: 33, Kompany: 30, Otamendi: 28, Demichelis: 35, Fernando: 29 in summer, Fernandinho: 30, Nasri: 29 in summer, Jesus Navas: 30, David Silva: 30, Yaya: 32, Aguero: 28 in summer.

The players I haven't included are:

Hart, who is 29 but fine age wise, though he could be pushed down the pecking order.
Mangala, whose has been a disaster and could leave.
Delph, hasn't had a good season and won't ever be a starter but maybe will make something out of year 2.
Raheem, a poor season and the price tag doesn't help. Can't say I like the guy but Pep might make something out of him.
KDB, obviously the star, top class.
Bony, whose had an awful time at City. Would be surprised if he doesn't leave.
Iheanacho, who will probably move ahead of Bony in the pecking order and will be a good player.

As far as I can tell, that's their entire panel. Factor in how injury prone some of these guys are (Kun, Silva, Kompany, Toure) and you have very little to depend on. Pep might win the league but he's got a shit ton of building to do. That said, City have a few good young talents.

Astonishing how they've spent that much on defenders and look in awful shape back there in the long term.

Last edited:
had us completely shut down for 70 minutes until Messi pulled goals out of nothing.

:lol:

I love Pep, but this is just BS. The tie would have been over at half time if not for Neuer. Ter Stegen, meanwhile, literally had nothing to do as Bayern created jack shit all game besides the Lewandowski chance.

They were better in the second half but still managed to create jack shit.

Saying they "shut us down" is even more ridiculous than saying that Chelsea "shut us down" in 2012.

If you want to see us getting shut down, watch the 2013 Bayern game.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

:lol:

I love Pep, but this is just BS. The tie would have been over at half time if not for Neuer. Ter Stegen, meanwhile, literally had nothing to do as Bayern created jack shit all game besides the Lewandowski chance.

They were better in the second half but still managed to create jack shit.

How so? Genuinely asking btw, I don't remember it like that. As far as I remember they had more possession and the game largely just petered around the middle. Suarez had his chance, Dani had a bit of a chance that was always gonna be hard to score from, Messi had that one shot in the second half from outside the box low straight at Neuer....so what else was there? It seemed like the game was destined for a draw and Bayern were just happy for that to happen.

As far as I remember they had more possession

And managed exactly 0 shots on target with it. 0 chances aside from the one Lewandowski got against the run of play. Meanwhile we could easily have been 3-0 up at half time. Possession =/= dominance. Again, watch us vs Bayern in 2013.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

And managed exactly 0 shots on target with it. 0 chances aside from the one Lewandowski got against the run of play. Meanwhile we could easily have been 3-0 up at half time. Possession =/= dominance. Again, watch us vs Bayern in 2013.

Yeah, but like I said, they seemed content just to not lose and kill the game. I didn't say they dominated, I don't think either did until we got our goal. How could we of been 3-0 up at half time?

mssarm

I'm glad that Bayern lost, I hate those arrogant bastards. As for Pep, interestingly enough he got screwed by 3 Spanish teams and he was very familiar with all 3. I'm not a Guardiola whore and I'm glad he got hammered and I wish he gets trashed with City as well. They are opposition teams and he's our rival coach. Period.

Home of Barca Fans