Pep Guardiola

ebc_99

Pep should not touch any Barca player out of respect to the club, he did after all say he would not sign any Barca players but within a month of taking over at Bayern he is at it.

I like Pep but he has left the club twice now, as a player and a coach. He should have stayed and fought hard to bring Barca back to the top instead of quitting at the first sign of trouble and courting Bayern whilst still at Camp Nou.

He was also in charge when the Thiago clause was written into his contract and now he is taking advantage of it at another club.

I am not a fan of Rosell on the sporting side but he is trying to correct the mistakes Laporta made on the financial side and that takes a bit of time.

Pep is wrong to go after a Barca player, Thiago is not going to Manchester and will either stay at Barca or go to Munich.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Blaming Pep for the clause now too??? When Tito literally could've just played him in the last 3 games of the season to keep it from being activated?

Mr Hulot

Nobody is supporting Rosell by saying that: I am really disappointed in Pep, because he tries to buy one of our most promising players.

Pep is a club legend and an outstanding coach, who is doing what is best for his new club, which is of course logical. Maybe it is only me, but for some reason I thought that Pep had a somehow unique respect for our club and that he wouldn't try to buy important Barcelona players. That is all.

Meitux

Cmon now,Pep shouldnt touch any Barca player just for respect for his former club?He may said he wont take players from Barcelona but Thiago made clear his desire to leave and he was one of the players that Pep likes the most so he found the opportunity and tried to get him.I dont see anything wrong with that and besides everything he is coach of Bayern, he should care for the team he coaches right now..

Very much so, with some people just blindly turning to Rosell supporters in this time for the sole purpose of spiting Guardiola because he's become the new target in a transfer saga that wasn't even caused by him but rooted with problems created by none other than Sandro. Pep isn't out to get the club at all, simply looking out for his own interests at his new club in peace while Rosell and his new group of Pep-haters are busy complaining about how Pep is targeting Barcelona's staff, players, and transfers as if they are oh so innocent.

The thing I don't get most is how some could actually dare to call Pep a disloyal traitor who was always selfish and never cared about the club. A few foreign, obscure fans on the internet bringing it upon themselves to condemn a man who was born into the club, legend as a player, even more massive as a coach. A man who was at the heart of the club's greatest success and personally endured their downfalls. He poured his blood, sweat, and tears into the club and brought upon the greatest team ever seen, only for it to be torn down little by little by a business-savvy, robotic power seeker and then have his very own fans turn on him due to bitter emotions about the circumstances of his departure. Fans seriously aren't grateful for a person who is arguably the greatest thing ever to happen to the club, instead wishing him ill will at his new club because of the possible transfer of a player that Barcelona themselves drove out.

But fuck it, some fans are always looking for a target to blame and Pep is nothing but another name in this long list of scapegoats. This saga has brought upon some apeshit and fanatic reactions, but I guess it's only natural for an angry mob to search for a monster to chase.

HOLY Cow! lol

So rosell is to blame for the downfall of Barca? how so? was he the one requesting Cesc? ( who would later stop Thiago form getting more minutes and therefore is leaving today with that excuse). Was he the one to blame for bringing Cesc and not a defender ( when the defender was the priority). Was he the one to buy Alexis ( who although a good player, hasn't been able to give Barca what other players might have given Barca). Was he the one who could not longer have a plan "B" when little by little Mourinho started to defeat barca.
Where can you blame rosell? are you blaming him for what?

spark

Dude give me a list of all your twitter/newspaper sources, how on earth do you get so much information??? :p

Ha! Im just reviewing the timeline. When Roger said it I thought it was the Rosell camp andthat it wasnt true but as time passes and the smoke clears it looks like Pere has been working hard behind the scenes. Which is his job I guess so fair enough. Doesnt mean I dont think its rotten. And after he helped facilitate the break up the best Cadet team we had in a long time and carried 3 of the best players to England and Italy I wish FCB would not do business with youth players who have him as an agent in the future, how ever talented they might be. If this was not his brother he would be in pep's shit list of agents interfering in the game.

Last edited:
Blaming Pep for the clause now too??? When Tito literally could've just played him in the last 3 games of the season to keep it from being activated?

How about if Pep wouldn't have gotten cesc in the first place? It's easy to blame tito for the mess pep left behind. Everyone knew barca didn't need a midfielder... and what did pep do? go and sign Cesc when we had other priorities.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice post Don, I never saw it until others lofted some deserved praise in quotes...I understand perfectly, this is part & parcel of being a big & successful club - you draw new fans from all over...Fans who might not lack passion but little real knowledge about the club, what it means and the history...I'm still fuming about Cruyff being binned but now some of our new fans have the temerity to question Pep?...I can only say, you'll never understand the club...and if/when you do, you'll realize how absurd these comments have been...A bit like those who supported the Nazis and chanting 'greater good' or something

Presidents come & go, some are as much a party clown like Laporta to an idiot like Gaspart or even Perez over at the capital, to a corporate whore like Rosell...but legends are reserved for those who demand & quite frankly have earned their respect...Who ever in Barcelona history has given more to this club than Pep Guardiola?...No one, perhaps ever again...It'd be like questioning Puyol, there are no two sides on where to stand...Guardiola is Barcelona, Rosell is a Nike stooge...That, IMHO, is choosing your club over others

JonM

Pure speculation. If it was that simple and they didn't rate him, they would have played him in the last three games and sold him for 25m/30m instead of 18m. These people are actually not as stupid as they're made out to be.

Now I expect someone to quote this and add "yes they are". Don't bother.

Mr Hulot

Cmon now,Pep shouldnt touch any Barca player just for respect for his former club?He may said he wont take players from Barcelona but Thiago made clear his desire to leave and he was one of the players that Pep likes the most so he found the opportunity and tried to get him.I dont see anything wrong with that and besides everything he is coach of Bayern, he should care for the team he coaches right now..

Are you replying to me? Because I never said that he shouldn't touch our players, but I said that by doing so, I was disappointed in the way he acted, because of the perception I had of him as a pillar of morality in the modern football. He has every right to try and buy every player he wants from our club.

spark

How fucked up is it btw that he signed Cesc when we had Thiago but is now saying Neymar(!) could affect Thiago's playing time. I didn't realize Thiago is Telllo competing for the left wing.

Meitux

Are you replying to me? Because I never said that he shouldn't touch our players, but I said that by doing so, I was disappointed in the way he acted, because of the perception I had of him as a pillar of morality in the modern football. He has every right to try and buy every player he wants from our club.
No, generally my opinion :D

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
"Pep is a traitor" --- " fuck you pep"

---

Shame on you , Cules. Not glory hunters you are. But too greedy at times , more so hypocrites or too immature. Really?

1. Thiago wants to leave FC BARCELONA.

2. Thiago has apparently two major options. Manchester United & FC Bayern Munich.

3. Thiago will 99.9 % leave according to all sources. So if thiago leaves for Manchester United , Thiago is bad. Thiago f*ck you. Okay.

4. Thiago will definitely make a move. So Pep as a professional asks for the player, knowing thiago will improve more in FC Bayern under him than Unites. Yes it will also benefit FC bayern. True stroy, professional.

5. FC Barcelona can't assure Thiago playing time , doesn't want to approach him and you guys expect him to stay. Which surely he won't.

6. Guardiola becomes the traitor? If Thiago is already saying goodbye to FC barcelona then its either United or Bayern. BUt it will never be FC barcelona.

Do you guys even logic?? The guy said he won't approach any Barcelona player. Here the barcelona player aka Thiago wants to get out.

Pep Guardiola is the legend of this club. Be sure of it. No one from catalonia thinks bad of Pep , you are free to think about it. Rosell will do his dirty job and let him go so that it can look like a bad image for Pep Guardiola.

The guy was a ball boy, captain, youth team coach, first team coach and more than that a global face of Barca. You are ruining it without even doing a simple bit of logic. What are you, true Cules? Really. Come in perspective please, for god's sake.

Home of Barca Fans