Pep Guardiola

P

PhilS

City or Chelsea are both not of his style.. IMO, there are two possible destinations for him:
either ManUTD if Fergie leaves this summer, and then its Bayern..
Both teams play with the ball on the ground and have built a style over the years, without splashing tons of money - which is not of Pep's syle..

On the field, he would fit well at either of these clubs. Man U knows how to let the manager run the team. At Bayern, I don't know if they would ever give full control to Pep or any other manager, and I don't think Pep would put up with that.

Where he would really fit would be Dortmund. Dortmund has no reason to switch, they are in good hands.

X

xaviniesta

“I only ask this of you. I won’t tell you off if you misplace a pass, or miss a header that costs us a goal, as long as I know you are giving 100 per cent. I could forgive you any mistake, but I won’t forgive you if you don’t give your heart and soul to Barcelona."

in his first talk with the squad.
:wub:

J

jtmx12

"Gentlemen, good morning. You can imagine the great motivation it's for me to be here to coach this team. It is the highest honor. Above all, I love this club. And I will never take a decision that harms or is against the club. Everything I do is based on my love for Barcelona. We need and want order and discipline".

"The team has gone through a time when not everyone was as professional as it should have been. It's time to run and give everything. I've been part of this club for many years and I am aware of the mistakes that have been made in the past. I will defend you to the death, but I can also say that I will be very demanding with all of you as I am with myself".

"I only ask this. I will not be angry if you miss a pass, or if you miss a punt that cost us a goal as long as I know you're giving 100%. I could forgive any mistakes but I won't forgive those who don't give his heart and soul to Barcelona. I'm not asking for results, only performance. I will not accept those who speculate on performance".

"This is Barça, gentlemen, this is what is asked of us, and this is what I'm going to ask. We must give everything. A player itself is nobody, he needs his teammates around. Each one of us in this room. Many of you do not know me, so we will use the coming days to form the group, a family. If anyone has a problem I am always available, not only sport-related but professional and family".

"We're here to help each other and make sure there's spiritual peace so that players don't feel tension or division. We are one. We make no little groups because in all teams this is what ends up killing team spirit. The players in this room are very good, if we can not win anything, it will be our fault. We are together when times are tough. Lets not filter anything to the press. I do not want anyone to make war on their own".

"We will be united, have faith in me. As a former player, I've been in your place and I know what you are going through. The style is determined by the history of this club and we will be faithful to it. When we have the ball, we can not lose it. When that happens, you have to run and recover it. That's it, basically".

------------------------------

I got this from marca.com, and I've translated it for you guys (hopefully I've translated it properly).

This is pretty much the first (and full) speech Pep Guardiola gave as a coach for Barca back in summer 2008.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has voted for Guardiola, Prandelli and Di Matteo for the FIFA Coach of the Year 2012 award. [marca tv]

Like a Bossque. :worthy:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
tumblr_m1dv8uTGMW1qc5z3p.gif

X

xaviniesta

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has voted for Guardiola, Prandelli and Di Matteo for the FIFA Coach of the Year 2012 award. [marca tv]

Like a Bossque. :worthy:

that comes from a former real madrid coach :worrthy:

oh marca...:lol:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
It would break my blaugrana heart if he would ever do that. Such an awful club, he wouldn't fit there in a million years.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
No one wants to see Pep anywhere but at Barcelona but if I had to guess, I'd say City...Chelsea have a much more interesting midfield to work with but there are too many other variables involved there that would unlikely tick all the boxes I imagine Pep is seeking in his next position...This includes a meddlesome owner, lack of viable youth system and plenty of problematic veteran players

City, on the other hand, has Txiki & Soriano, generous support from ownership for both managing and transfers, an extremely well conceived youth structure and facilities and some interesting talent to work with...Pep is not going to coach a different way so City, for me, represents the best potential to try and duplicate something similar outside of Catalunya...Only downside would have to be that Manchester is hardly the sort of city that London is but I don't imagine he'd intend to be there for the long haul anyway...Truth is, that sort of lower profile city in a football mad country might be to his benefit and his family

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I am hoping he ends up at Man City. At least he won't treated like crap there, or sacked within months if he loses a few games.

Home of Barca Fans