Pep Guardiola

DennyCrane

see, what i told you denny, yesterday...

Yeah, I see. What do you think he'll do next ?
You know, I just can't see him managing another major club. And if he does, it'll end in tragedy probably. His achievements with Barca will haunt him everywhere he goes. Nobody's gonna be satisfied if he "just" takes a league title with a major club like, say, Chelsea or whatever.
Seeing him fail to teach his philosophy and offensive play-style to a bunch of lumberjack stone-age players in England or Italy, well, THAT is gonna break my heart.

M

mitkoa7x

I was thinking that. He might find that a year is far too long for him, but the right opportunity will have to present itself first.

1st time I got fired I felt empty inside, I couldnt cope with not going to work I was going to go crazy... Pep is a workaholic so he's time off will be short, he wont be able to stay at home and do nothing, after he did so much..

Tezemery

Really dont have a clue why people think Tito is the right man, i would much rather have Bielsa, hope he proves me wrong though.
Cant help but feel this is the end of the golden generation and cant help but feel a bit upset at Pep.

DennyCrane

Really dont have a clue why people think Tito is the right man, i would much rather have Bielsa, hope he proves me wrong though.
Cant help but feel this is the end of the golden generation and cant help but feel a bit upset at Pep.

Really ?? Bielsa ??
You made me laugh there, just imagine him wearing a suit for a CL-tie, the thought alone cracks me up :lol:

F

Flavia

Lots of brazilians urging cbf to try to hire him :p
Since it's quite a taboo to have a foreigner as a brazil nt's coach, that shows how much Pep really is respected, even here. I'm honestly surprised about this.

mixer

Tito knows Pep's secrets so he'll be a good coach. I think Pep will get a rest of football, and he'll back to Barcelona.

Guardiola himself recommended Tito. Trust Pep.

Last edited:

Sergio

Sergison
He says he told Sandro in the Autumn that this will be his last season, so you have to assume he had come to that decision by the start of this season. Because of that, I really don't understand the tinkering and use of the 3-4-3 which has ultimately been a disaster move for Barca. If it was part of a long term idea of how the team will play I can understand it, but in your last season it looks more like experimenting and taking a risk because it has no consequence to you. Its an odd move anyway, will be revealing if Tito bins it as a strategy or not.

Barcilliant

I have an uneasy feeling about Tito too but I hope I am wrong.

I wish Pep had stayed for one more season. Win a major trophy or trophies eg CL or La Liga and call it quits. I know he was jaded-it was etched all over his face but I think he would have had the strength to do one more season. If that fuckwit Mourinho hadnt turned La Liga into a zoo Pep would have stayed. The relentless pressure of Mourinho brazen tactics and the lack of support from the Spannish FA and the Barca Board was too much for a refined, dignified guy like Pep.

Any word on Mourinho's reaction? He must be thrilled-the cunt.

BarcaGirl

34eytls.gif

11lqtr6.gif

They look all so sad, especially Xavi. :cry:

Fourteen

Monster Masch
He says he told Sandro in the Autumn that this will be his last season, so you have to assume he had come to that decision by the start of this season. Because of that, I really don't understand the tinkering and use of the 3-4-3 which has ultimately been a disaster move for Barca. If it was part of a long term idea of how the team will play I can understand it, but in your last season it looks more like experimenting and taking a risk because it has no consequence to you. Its an odd move anyway, will be revealing if Tito bins it as a strategy or not.
I think you're reading too much into it, Pip.

It just seems like an alternative, something that helps mix-up our play and in truth, it wasn't such a horrible idea. Ultimately it didn't work due to the lack of trophies, but I doubt he was as blase as you're making this decision sound. It might have even been Tito's idea, so if he bins it, it won't be obvious that it was Pep's idea and Tito has come along and got rid of it.

Home of Barca Fans