Pedro Rodriguez

El Guaje

- Udinese where Alexis was their main man won against lots of big clubs and took them to CL qualifications
- Alexis is good enough to be the main man of a team while pedro is not
- since Alexis came to barca he has been better than Pedro against parked buses and big teams. He has also been better in general all while being played out of position and against his strengths and skillset , so that argument fails.
- Alexis performs in Chile while Pedro fails miserably with a NT filled of WC, EC and CL winners

Last edited:

barca7788

Nepali Cule
used to be one of the most lethal player. its sad but his time is over, last year or not. He wont be changing any games coming off the bench when we seriously need to score. but i hope he proves me wrong big time.

JamDav1982

- Udinese where Alexis was their main man won against lots of big clubs and took them to CL qualifications
- since Alexis came to barca he has been better than Pedro against parked buses and big teams. He has also been better overall, so that argument fails.
- Alexis performs in Chile while Pedro fails miserably with a NT filled of WC, EC and CL winners

Sanchez has not been better than Pedro when comparing both their times at Barca.

Peak Pedro for Barca was better than peak Sanchez for Barca in my opinion.

Pedro is a WC winner and has been an important part of Spains success. He is not only 'surrounded' by WC winners he is one of them.

Zangash

Banned
- since Alexis came to barca he has been better than Pedro against parked buses and big teams. He has also been better in general all while being played out of position and against his strengths and skillset , so that argument fails.

-False
-False
-False
-Pedro is the only player on the Spain NT capable of consistently scoring. Once again, false.

I would say nice try but I don't want to lie to you or anything. Peak Pedro was several times the player Alexis is/was and there's no getting around that. Pedro with the NT is also a very different player for than he is for Barca and him "Failing miserably" is being a key part of winning the WC and the Euros.

Sanchez has not been better than Pedro when comparing both their times at Barca.

Pedro is a WC winner and has been an important part of Spains success. He is not only 'surrounded' by WC winners he is one of them.

Peak Pedro maybe but the Pedro of the last 3 seasons? Sanchez was easily better than him.

JamDav1982

Peak Pedro maybe but the Pedro of the last 3 seasons? Sanchez was easily better than him.

Sanchez was better last season but still lacked a lot of things to be a Barca player.

Two seasons before that Pedro was better player overall and fitted into system better but Sanchez given more opportunities due to fee payed.

In my opinion.

Edit: Also Darth I am sure a year ago you were claiming Sanchez was poor and Tello better than him?

Sanchez was better last season but still lacked a lot of things to be a Barca player.

Two seasons before that Pedro was better player overall and fitted into system better but Sanchez given more opportunities due to fee payed.

In my opinion.

Edit: Also Darth I am sure a year ago you were claiming Sanchez was poor and Tello better than him?

I probably was claiming he was poor, but I never claimed Tello was better. Besides, that was a year ago when he really was poor, and Tello really did look better at times (though the same could be said about Pedro). He was way better last season.

Last edited:

CesDel

In my opinion.

Last good season that Pedro had at Barca was in 2011. Since then he has been bad. If he wasn't from the youth system, he would have been sold ages ago. I mean, Ronaldinho, one of our greatest player of all time, was sold after having 2 mediocre season that was better than Pedro's last 3 season.

Last good season that Pedro had at Barca was in 2011. Since then he has been bad. If he wasn't from the youth system, he would have been sold ages ago. I mean, Ronaldinho, one of our greatest player of all time, was sold after having 2 mediocre season that was better than Pedro's last 3 season.

+1

JamDav1982

I probably was claiming he was poor, but I never claimed Tello was better. Besides, that was a year ago when he really was poor, and Tello really did look better at times. He was way better last season.

Sanchez was average at best in his first two seasons and did not look on the same wave length as the other players in terms of the clever movement, posession etc.

For me Pedro has never had a problem with that but what Pedro cant do is play as a winger out wide as the tactics seemed to be last season.

This season the forward players will be more central and it will suit Pedro again I think.

JamDav1982

Ronaldinho was a first team player who had almost given up on life as an athlete and got countless opportunities to change his ways.

Pedro is a great squad player to have and will always give everything even when given a slightly raw deal as he has in past 2/3 seasons.

For me he deserved to be here and is still the first choice back up attacking player and will have a big role to play.

Catta

peak pedro had a better barca than alexis, if alexis played in that team instead of pedro we would have won one more cl
pedro played upfront with messi and villa, alexis played with messi and pedro, big difference
also pedro was never and never will be a good player, he was just lucky to come through the ranks at the right time, he was supported with peak messi and our midfield was at their peak also, no serious team has payed attention on him in that time so he scored some goals, as soon teams started to mark pedro he was garbage, and is garbage since our last cl

Home of Barca Fans