Paul Pogba

6:28 in video - I still can't figure out how Pogba did this lobe pass.

Yeah, nice move from player that doesn't have technique on Iniesta's level...

I like Pogba: he would bring some muscle in our team... when I see how light is Neymar, how easyly they take him down... or Iniesta-I think he is forbidden to play against Celta in Vigo (wind is for him dangerously strong there, on Atlantic coast)...

Almoast all teams play bunker against us, and we struggle to open it with our superior technique. It is exausting and frustrating. Sometimes force is necessary to finish the job... sometimes you must go through the opponent, not elegantly go around him... and Pogba could do just that.

He also has great stamina, pass, he is tall, young and can shoot from longer distancess then any our player.

But, if we must give 100 M for him - sorry, I'd rather have 3 pretty good players instead.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Think he hasn't helped his value this year so far

True. But value is also set by new big clubs desperate for big name signings and raising their profile.
That being considered, I don't really expect him to be affordable for anything less than 50 mil.

BBZ8800

Some replies from Juve's forum:
-- I don't know, at some point during the second half I thought he was on the way to recover his form, but today there was always that final pass/shot missing/abosolutely atroscious. That last run were he actually had a great dribble, created space & and a good shooting opportunity for himself only to miss the ball and fall on his face pretty much summed it up.
-- Shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot etc. 2 out of 19 on target, it's getting better though.
-- His body language each time he pull a stupid move is disgusting.
-- At times he looks like hes an emotional wreck as in he feels he desperately needs to score and sees himself as a failure when he doesn't succeed.
I think when he actually does score he will just bust out laughing then start crying uncontrollably and suffer a complete mental break down.
-- He missed (or failed to make) every key pass needed in the final attacking 3rd tonight
-- Hopefully Barca are stil interrested

Also, there are rumours that Pogba gave an interview in which he says that Morata didn't pass the ball to him in one action in the 1st half.
And then Pogba was angry at Morata the whole match and didn't pass the ball to Morata nor once in the 2nd half when Morata was in a few good positions :facepalm:

Also, people say that Pogba always had such an attitude, but when they were winning and when he had good teammates, his childish behavior didn't show up too often.
Now, he is showing very bad attitude and body language in almost every match.

Last edited:

SocalBarcaFan

To me he has as much potential as anyone in the world. But ppl said the same thing about Balotelli a few years back. Now I'm not saying that Pogba is as big of a head case as Balotelli but It's obvious that there are some things going on there and it's holding him back. At Pogbas price tag I'm not sure if It's worth the risk when there is a player who can come in and fit into the team seamlessly and come at much cheaper price as well. Gundogan. Passing on Pogba also leaves us more cash to spend on other signings as well.

Cule4life

The Culest
People saying pogba is the key to breaking parked buses. No thanks, I didn't need the laugh....

What next? Smalling is the key to our defensive problems?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some replies from Juve's forum:
-- I don't know, at some point during the second half I thought he was on the way to recover his form, but today there was always that final pass/shot missing/abosolutely atroscious. That last run were he actually had a great dribble, created space & and a good shooting opportunity for himself only to miss the ball and fall on his face pretty much summed it up.
-- Shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot then shoot etc. 2 out of 19 on target, it's getting better though.
-- His body language each time he pull a stupid move is disgusting.
-- At times he looks like hes an emotional wreck as in he feels he desperately needs to score and sees himself as a failure when he doesn't succeed.
I think when he actually does score he will just bust out laughing then start crying uncontrollably and suffer a complete mental break down.
-- He missed (or failed to make) every key pass needed in the final attacking 3rd tonight
-- Hopefully Barca are stil interrested

Also, there are rumours that Pogba gave an interview in which he says that Morata didn't pass the ball to him in one action in the 1st half.
And then Pogba was angry at Morata the whole match and didn't pass the ball to Morata nor once in the 2nd half when Morata was in a few good positions :facepalm:

Also, people say that Pogba always had such an attitude, but when they were winning and when he had good teammates, his childish behavior didn't show up too often.
Now, he is showing very bad attitude and body language in almost every match.

Sounds like Juve fans don't want him anymore.

khaled_a_d

To me he has as much potential as anyone in the world. But ppl said the same thing about Balotelli a few years back. Now I'm not saying that Pogba is as big of a head case as Balotelli but It's obvious that there are some things going on there and it's holding him back. At Pogbas price tag I'm not sure if It's worth the risk when there is a player who can come in and fit into the team seamlessly and come at much cheaper price as well. Gundogan. Passing on Pogba also leaves us more cash to spend on other signings as well.

Holding whom back ? He has been steadily improving since he moved to Juve for 3 consecutive years under 2 coaches while becoming more mature and consistent there
By the age of 20 Inter got rid of Balotelli after Mourinho thought he is hopeless case to learn .
A 2 bad month were the whole team is just struggling as him while they are in transition after changing so many players and we are talking about something holding him back and drawing comparison to Balotelli ? come on now

Alarcón

Yeah, watch the video above at 6:20

EdmondDantes

I don't think he has the technique and brains to play in our team. He strikes me as a Benitez type player. If we were to buy a French youngster from Juve, I'd love Coman but Pep pounced quickly on that one at a decent price as well.

We should go all in for Verratti, he's the only midfielder worth that monstrous amount of cash people talk about when referring to Pogba.

Home of Barca Fans