Paul Pogba

BBZ8800

Please [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]......

Keep in mind that Marchisio and Khedira are injured, which is a huge blow for them. Juventus have lost more than half of their starters from last season and are affected by injuries, it was expected that they would struggle. A few matches won't dimish Pogba's progress or his great three seasons for Juve.

Ok, let's make some things clear.

I don't think that Pogba is actually a bad player, lol.

Let's introduce some rankings of players to make it more clear.
1. we have world class players
-- who are both a) world class and b) are fit to Barca's style (like Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Etoo or any successful Barca's player)
2. then we have world class players, who will be star players and key players in 99% of teams in the world, but they aren't fit for Barca's stlye
-- Zlatan is the best example
-- one of top 5 players in the world in the last 10 years, but he didn't suit our style
3. then there are players who's class is slightly lower than Barca's required level (for example, Alexis, Fabregas, Hleb)
4., 5., 6., 7... - 99. then there are 100s of other levels of players good enough for Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool, but not for Barca.
And then players for teams like Valencia and Sevilla.
Then players for midtable 1st division teams.
Then players for bottom table teams, 2nd division etc.

So, no, I don't think that Pogba is actually A BAD player.
I am not convinced yet:
1. that he is a world class level, aka Barca's level
2. and then, even if he is Barca's level of quality, whether he will fit our style, or he will be the next Zlatan.

Further, even when he was on his peak in the last season, I still wasn't impressed (not impressed in "general", but impressed for "Barca's level of being impressed") by his displays.
He has some awesome skills, but I was never satisfied with his passing, build up (in Barca's way), his clownish tricks when there is no need for them (Fifa street style) and with his decisions in some moments.
Also, I have some fears about his "diva" personality, and I am afraid of his impact on our team.
This season, when star players of Juve are gone, Pogba is showing more of that diva attitude during matches.

That's it.
Since I wasn't convinced by him even when he played well, you should understand that I am surely not convinced currently that he should be our guy.
On top of everything, this guy would cost 160-ish (or even more since his salary would go up after a year or two) Millions over 5 years.

This is why I am writing "bad" about him, and why I am somewhat happy when he plays bad.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Didn't watch any CL games today, but it looks like he played the distrubutor role tonight and did well.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Nedved(Juve's board) and Deschamps(France NT manager) complained about Pogba, both said he needs to be less flashy and be more effective and helpful to the team.

Yeah, I think Barto and Lucho will think long and hard before signing him if he continues like that and won't improve.

Barcafan 2304

Nedved(Juve's board) and Deschamps(France NT manager) complained about Pogba, both said he needs to be less flashy and be more effective and helpful to the team.

Yeah, I think Barto and Lucho will think long and hard before signing him if he continues like that and won't improve.

Like many have said I don't think he is the best option. Gundogan is the guy and I just hope the board realise it

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

They must be Pogba haters like many of us on BarcaForum :lol:

frog-fcb

Bartomeu might have told him to keep playing like that this season so his price hopefully drops considerably

Co0ter

A quality, young aspiring player would never do that...especially not a 22 year old who has everything to prove.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
His house was robbed yesterday while he was playing vs Inter: "Among the items that were confirmed as being stolen were precious gold jewellery and a host of expensive designer clothes."

Home of Barca Fans