Official Board Agree To CVC Deal

JamDav1982

25% but we are also getting more money, don't say 25% as if it's still the same cash we will be getting.

25% is relevant as it is a much bigger drain financially in the future despite getting more now.

As would 50% to get yet more money now would be.

Not dfficult.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Has it ever crossed your mind that by not signing this the club will also be screwed long term, in fact it would probably happen much sooner

Yes, we will not be able to compete for major trophies in the next 3-5 years.

Signing this horrendous deal will not change that outlook a lot, in my opinion. If the outcome is not that different, I'd choose to keep the money for our future.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
25% but we are also getting more money, don't say 25% as if it's still the same cash we will be getting.

Yes we will get more money as the pie will be bigger, so will everybody else. But the point is Madrid will get A LOT MORE than us.

jamrock

Selling our best young players and willfully accepting we will become the likes of Sevilla, betis is the worst idea I've heard in a long time, if that's the alternative to signing the deal, you sign it every single time.

History is litered with clubs who said we will sell our best players, take it easy for a while then bounce back, I can make a couple in la Liga alone, in pretty much never happens, especially when you have someone like tebas trying to actively kill you.

You have to remain competitive, especially give the fact that we can't have some billionaire come and save us, the path out of the mess bartomeu put us in is on the field.

Much like how we got to this position by stupid decisions related to the field.

JamDav1982

No.. the idea would be to avoid 40 year financial penalty and accept rebuilding with alterntives for now,

No history is not littered with any clubs in this situation where had option of selling players or handicapping club for 40 years.

No one will claim how competitive club have to be in next few years to justify the cost of that over next 40 years.

Stupid decision is handicapping club for 40 years and not being brave enought to accept a rebuild for a few years.

Short term thinking.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know, I am against selling our best players, if we don't sell any assets at all, does that mean we can't even register most of our current squad?

If so, I'd sell 49.9% of BLM for 200m and 49% of Barca Studios for 50m as they proposed. Sell 10% of our TV rights is as most as I'd willing to go if we still need more. And if that is still not enough, sell Frenkie and Gavi and nobody else and that's it. Register alll existing players and go from there.

jamrock

If anyone thinks selling their best young players is the solution to this problem, just no.

Not even worth debating, just no.

Bye bye

JamDav1982

If anyone thinks selling their best young players is the solution to this problem, just no.

Not even worth debating, just no.

Bye bye

If anyone thinks taking hit for 40 years of 25% of tv money is the solution they are clueless.

Bye bye.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Players come and go, the club is forever.

Mortgaging our future, jeopardizing and handicapping our future just for the next couple of years is stupid. Unfortunately, the socis who will be voting will vote for it.

Porque

The detail we don't know is where our salary cap is right now with no sale of assets, and what it will be next year even if we sold 100-200m of players. The only detail released is that we are at -141m after dropping the wages of Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi.

What we have done yesterday is effectively a fire sale of complete desperation.

There is a chance that selling all of our big asset values doesn't provide a cure. Because we still have the washed up sacred cows on high wages with outstanding wages to be paid.

ajnotkeith

Selling our best young players and willfully accepting we will become the likes of Sevilla, betis is the worst idea I've heard in a long time, if that's the alternative to signing the deal, you sign it every single time.

History is litered with clubs who said we will sell our best players, take it easy for a while then bounce back, I can make a couple in la Liga alone, in pretty much never happens, especially when you have someone like tebas trying to actively kill you.

You have to remain competitive, especially give the fact that we can't have some billionaire come and save us, the path out of the mess bartomeu put us in is on the field.

Much like how we got to this position by stupid decisions related to the field.

Sevilla and Betis...

Our roster is far better than those currently without making any signings. Even if FDJ was sold.

jamrock

Sevilla and Betis...

Our roster is far better than those currently without making any signings. Even if FDJ was sold.

Like I said not If we sell our best young players like was being suggested.

Fati, Pedri, Gavi, Araujo, Frankie and replace them with the likes of soler.

That would not be a wise bath to go down to fix our current economic issues.

jamrock

The opportunity cost of doing that compared to giving up some future revenues doesn't add up.

Top teams have to compete, it would be like Microsoft selling Windows instead of taking a loan against future earnings to cover their debts.

The sunk cost already happened, we already wasted almost 1 billion dollars, now it's a matter of weighing the opportunity cost of the two alternatives to make the best decision for the club, that will lead to better outcomes or prospective cost being positive not negative.

A club like Barcelona has to compete,it's been 3 years, we can't add another 6/7 to it and think while we stand still and everyone keeps moving forward, just because we are Barcelona we will be able to make the jump ahead of them again, we have to stay in the mix.

Valencia & super depor thought they could sell players, level off then make the jump again...

messi2140

6racies Xavi
The detail we don't know is where our salary cap is right now with no sale of assets, and what it will be next year even if we sold 100-200m of players. The only detail released is that we are at -141m after dropping the wages of Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi.

What we have done yesterday is effectively a fire sale of complete desperation.

There is a chance that selling all of our big asset values doesn't provide a cure. Because we still have the washed up sacred cows on high wages with outstanding wages to be paid.

How ???

Home of Barca Fans