Nico Williams

Andresito

Staff member
Barça have the formal 'OK' of Nico Williams. There's a LOT of optimism for the deal to happen. The operation is on track. @sport

Porque

Shame we didn't get the OK before he renewed isn't it. Whats another 50m wasted after Roque innit. Not the boards money after all.

Loki

I'm against this transfer, especially with this pricetag. He's just another Raphinha in my opinion. A good footballer for fast pace football, a bad one for slow technical one. He'd just be another player that don't really fit. We need players that fit our style and bring the team forward.

M3ls

I'm against this transfer, especially with this pricetag. He's just another Raphinha in my opinion. A good footballer for fast pace football, a bad one for slow technical one. He'd just be another player that don't really fit. We need players that fit our style and bring the team forward.
The problem is that we all have players for slow, technical football, but we don’t have a player ready to blow up the game with high speed and physical strength.

draconifire

As people have already pointed it out, and I have been saying this.
Why don't we chill out this transfer window, and not spend like 50m around on players who are maybe good? We improve squad depth this season with cheap, young but useful players. We do not renew most of the dead weights.
Take it on the chin that next season we are not going to do well, but we improve our financial situation and wages, which have been the major hindrance in the past decade or so.

Andresito

Staff member
As people have already pointed it out, and I have been saying this.
Why don't we chill out this transfer window, and not spend like 50m around on players who are maybe good? We improve squad depth this season with cheap, young but useful players. We do not renew most of the dead weights.
Take it on the chin that next season we are not going to do well, but we improve our financial situation and wages, which have been the major hindrance in the past decade or so.
I'd be fine with that with the condition that we get Klopp in 2025 and can spend 50-100m net again.

draconifire

I'd be fine with that with the condition that we get Klopp in 2025 and can spend 50-100m net again.
If we wait. Xavi will be gone, with no new players added, which gives Klopp space to navigate. We will have the new stadium to almost full capacity. A lot of dead weights on their last year of contract or have left already.
We can easily fork out 100m, with a good coach with vision, and we can buy players for his type of play.

Porque

I think Nico is good for Xavi and for the way he wants to set up. Xavi always wanted widemen who can sit on the line, open space and create from ball to feet and not work in space. Probably because he doesn't know any other way, and also a tiny part of why he doesn't find Roque worthwhile. Because he needs to change his whole setup or the way he knows football for him. Well, Pep done it with Haaland, but Pep is the 1 in a million striker and Haaland is the 1 in a million poacher.

Back to Nico, we will be better with him, and clearly he hasn't reached his ceiling. When Xavi goes by transfer fee he would have more sell on value than Ferran even if he is average here, so we would likely make the 50m back. Salary wise I don't know, Bilbao notoriously pay their top 3/4 players alot and we always pay more than the market value.

Do we wait for another AML for similar price point? Well who is that? And how far away?

Personally I'd move away from this deal purely because he could have been signed for free, and Nico and ourselves owe Bilbao absolutely nothing.

companyofcules

4 goals only FCB will pay more than 12 millions on a 4 goal inside forward, winger.
His assists are good enough but we need Goals. If Yamal doesn't have a 40 goals season we will be the laughing stock again.

Raphinha is not inferior to this guy. The move makes sense if you can sell Raphinha with 80 and buy this guy with 30.
You can have the same player at a profit.
Let's say he is some black Ronaldinho, but who will score?

companyofcules

If you buy bang average, don't expect team performances that are better than bang average.

If they are no great left wingers available, don't buy a bang average one out of desperation. Save the money for when a real player comes along, they always do, it won't take long.

Williams is the definition of bang average, who will underwhelme, then dig his heels in when we want to sell him, knowing full well he has hit the jackpot.
There are great wingers on the market and not very expensive.

companyofcules

I know, I know - but if I was Bilbao I would want that release clause paid in full. 50M is nothing for most of the EPL clubs, so it comes down to where Nico wants to play...
EPL brainless football is a safe bet for him. He already has the name. I wouldn't mind paying 50 if he had 15 goals in La Liga.
The that would have been a good player to compensate the shit-fuckeries of Lewandowski Ferran, Vitor.
He is not.

Home of Barca Fans