Nico Williams

companyofcules

I think Nico is good for Xavi and for the way he wants to set up. Xavi always wanted widemen who can sit on the line, open space and create from ball to feet and not work in space. Probably because he doesn't know any other way, and also a tiny part of why he doesn't find Roque worthwhile. Because he needs to change his whole setup or the way he knows football for him. Well, Pep done it with Haaland, but Pep is the 1 in a million striker and Haaland is the 1 in a million poacher.

Back to Nico, we will be better with him, and clearly he hasn't reached his ceiling. When Xavi goes by transfer fee he would have more sell on value than Ferran even if he is average here, so we would likely make the 50m back. Salary wise I don't know, Bilbao notoriously pay their top 3/4 players alot and we always pay more than the market value.

Do we wait for another AML for similar price point? Well who is that? And how far away?

Personally I'd move away from this deal purely because he could have been signed for free, and Nico and ourselves owe Bilbao absolutely nothing.
His set-up is group stage UEL. Deco saved his ass this time with the loans.

draconifire

Discount Dembele. But he should be much better than what Dumbele ever was.
If we get him, it means Raphinha is going to start as a Rightwinger, which might be bad for Yamal's development. I think Flick would do wonders for him, but currently, we are golden and don't need to spend on a winger.

mc_lovin

Discount Dembele. But he should be much better than what Dumbele ever was.
If we get him, it means Raphinha is going to start as a Rightwinger, which might be bad for Yamal's development. I think Flick would do wonders for him, but currently, we are golden and don't need to spend on a winger.
Nope. But Yamal will be rotated more.

jamrock

I actually think flick will start raphinha over yamal,

He fits his style more and is more relentless off the ball.

But their will be a fair bit of rotation, I'd be happy with yamal coming off the bench more than he starts next season, same for cubarsi.

mc_lovin

I actually think flick will start raphinha over yamal,

He fits his style more and is more relentless off the ball.

But their will be a fair bit of rotation, I'd be happy with yamal coming off the bench more than he starts next season, same for cubarsi.
I genuinely think you guys overrate Flicks style. Best players will play, eg Lamine and if Pedri gets a grip him as well.

serghei

Raphinha is better than Lamine though. But the issue is we have no starting LW. If we can sign Nico, Raphinha + Nico with Lamine from the bench is ideal for me.

jamrock

I genuinely think you guys overrate Flicks style. Best players will play, eg Lamine and if Pedri gets a grip him as well.

It's a possibility, but also it's down to me not wanting to see yamal and cubarsi start so much, as talented as they are.

Just to minimize the chances of injury, gavi is about to lose 18 months of development, balde almost an entire season.

mc_lovin

Raphinha is better than Lamine though. But the issue is we have no starting LW. If we can sign Nico, Raphinha + Nico with Lamine from the bench is ideal for me.
You keep repeating that, but it’s just not true. Lamine stayed on when we were chasing results… not Raphina. There’s more than goals and assists.

Home of Barca Fans