Nico Williams

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he's a 50m player. At least I wouldn't pay that.

Maybe not right now, but I'm bullish about his potential and future tbh.
He's been very good this season. I think if he signs for a team like Arsenal for example who are rumored to be going for him I think he can develop into a top five winger in the world. Not guaranteed though, but he's a very good dribbler, rapid and is impacting games.

Not often you see a winger with his skillset and age go for 50m considering likes of "Kvaradona" apparently have asking prices of 80-100m minimum, Mitoma for 100m+ and others like that.

A comparison could be Doku who City signed for 65m and I don't think Nico is worse than Doku. He's arguably better IMO.

Joan

Think he’s more than worth it. Rapid player with great dribbling and promising playmaking skills, also good final ball. Only 21.

Rumours about us going for a LW. I’d prefer Nico over the other realistic names mentioned. We’re in no position to pay the clause but maybe there could be a deal negotiated. Much rather have him than Raphinha.

jamrock

50m isn't crazy in today's market, but he needs more end product.

If doku is the comp I'd pass., because the fourm was gassing him hard last summer and every time I see him for city, I'm left underwhelmed.

Joan

Different players suit and improve different clubs, in ideal scenarios also unlock new opportunities. For 50m you’re no longer buying world beaters unless you get lucky. With Nico, there may or may not be potential but at the moment it’s more about his skillset being unique in the team. So him or someone like him might prove to be a valuable clog in the wheel whose contribution might produce a significant synergistic effect, not only individual.

Messi983

Think he’s more than worth it. Rapid player with great dribbling and promising playmaking skills, also good final ball. Only 21.

Rumours about us going for a LW. I’d prefer Nico over the other realistic names mentioned. We’re in no position to pay the clause but maybe there could be a deal negotiated. Much rather have him than Raphinha.

Basques don't negotiate.

Cristian Tello is a free agent in summer. Just sayin'. :laporta2:

Messi983

Is anyone here following Antonio Nusa? Lot of clubs reportedly interested in him so won't be cheap but could be considered.

Nazario1985

He is less than average at best !!
His only saving grace is a weak ass la liga squads !!
Every time he gets exposed at the international level ..

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
If we can sell Torres for around 40m and sign Nico, I would be all for it. Was good against Brazil today...

Andresito

Staff member
Barcelona are aware that Nico Williams would be excited to join them, and contacts with the player's entourage have never disappeared, not even after his renewal.
@tjuanmarti

Barça continues to monitor Nico Williams as a potential signing this summer. The player's release clause is €50m. @tjuanmarti

Porque

35-50m should get a good young dribbling winger in this market. Nico has that LaLiga stamp of approval and a good understanding with how we attack so would make the obvious move.

But if we re-loan Joao Felix or Zaragoza, then we could also find a Savio type and give them a year or two to grow.

For example I recall watching Fluminense when I was regularly watching Brazil Serie A to see players like Andre, and Matheus Martins was breaking through. Udinese picked him up for 5m. I know we had the first option on Angelo Gabriel who Chelsea signed for 15m. But if we have budget, there are alot of players in the 5-15m range who may not be first team starting ready, but may be squad ready. Juan Cordoba won't go for more than 10m for example.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

He might be slightly better than someone like Ferran on the overall but he'll never be at the level we should strive for in the long term.

50m seems a lot for a slight (not even guaranteed) improvement.

Andresito

Staff member
Yeah I also don't think he has the right amount of potential. Would've been a great signing on a free though. But 50m is too much with our finances.

Would rather spend that on a DM and go for another year of stopgap solution with Ferran or a loanee like Felix. We might even see 4 midfielders playing with Pedri, Gundo, FDJ and Gavi fit.

Home of Barca Fans