NFL

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dude we better get two TEs or a TE and WR in the second round here. Who the fuck is Jordan Love gonna throw to. Christian Watson and Doubs are the only guys worth anything in our receiving room(WR + TE) right now and both had some health issues last season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really happy with how the draft turned out for the Packers.

Obviously this is all on paper and we'll have to see how these guys adapt to the NFL, but it looks very good on paper.

Messi983

eh, I quite like him.

Not as much as our draft though. :rockon:

Fu6lbYAaEAEcODK

Also got an additional 2024 3rd round pick from Denver (for moving down 20 or so spots in the 3rd round; looking at most draft charts we've robbed them again :lol:) so I'll have to root against them again.

Anyway, our second great draft after the Russell Wilson trade imo.

Addressed all needs more or less. Would be nice to get a QBOTF like Anthony Richardson (there are some reports the Colts could start him in 2023 which I think would be a big mistake I hope they won't make as I believe he has great potential if developed correctly) to sit and learn behind Geno for a year or two but can't really complain as we were not in a position to get him (trading up would be just too expensive if not impossible to make a trade with divisional rivals Arizona who were the only team willing to move outside of top 4).

Like our WRs with the addition of JSN and a new RB room with Walker-Charbonnet-McIntosh, also some competition and potential longsterm starters at RG and centre for IOL after we've addressed both OT positions last year. Really no excuses for Geno to not have another productive season. Unfortunately didn't/couldn't tap into this good TE class but we just had other priorities with three pretty good TEs already on the roster.

Defensively we should be good in secondary (and I expect Witherspoon will bring back some of that swagger we've had back in LOB times) but still a bit concerns about depth on inside DL (could potentially bring back veteran guys like Poona Ford and Shelby Harris though) and LB although we've brought back Bobby Wagner and signed Devin Bush.

They also gave a lot of importance to players's personalities and drafted some real leaders and alpha males who love and live football 24/7. That's why I didn't understand why media mocked Jalen Carter to us all the time who is exactly the opposite of that. I liked him as a player but just too many red flags and pretty sure he was completely off the Seahawks board (as was probably the case with many other teams as well). Philadelphia where he'll be surrounded by former Georgia team mates is ideal destination for him but I think he'd be a big bust potential in 95% of other teams so I'm happy we didn't take that risk. Carroll and Schneider would surely draft him even 2 years ago but they've learned their lesson from likes of Malik McDowell and L.J. Collier.

And looking now amongst others we've also signed Bobo as a UDFA. Not Weghorst luckily :lol: but Jake Bobo from UCLA, one of the better WRs in Pac 12 (which I follow a lot as my favorite team plays there) last season who I believe could make a team as a 4th/5th WR.

Last edited:

Messi983

Miami offense is on fire. They've killed Denver last week.

70 points and 726 yards. Big numbers even for CFB top teams playing against some random FCS opponents but didn't think I'll see anything like this in the NFL.

They could actually break a regular season record for points with a FG at the end but decided to take a knee on 4th down.

The Dolphins also scored the most points (70) by any NFL team since 1966 and tied for the third-most in any game in NFL history: 1. Chicago, Dec. 8, 1940, at Washington 73; 2. Washington Nov. 27, 1966 vs. N.Y. Giants 72. (The Bears’ 73 points came in the playoffs.)

Miami’s 726 total yards were the second-most in a game in NFL history and most since 1951: L.A. Rams, Sep. 28, 1951 vs. N.Y. Yankees, 735.

The Dolphins’ 130 points and 1,651 total yards are the most through three games of any NFL season since at least 1970.

The kneel down also cost Miami a chance to have the most yards per play in a game in the last 50 years. The Dolphins finished at 10.23 after taking a 1-yard loss, slightly behind the 10.3 for Kansas City in a 38-31 loss to the Jets on Dec. 3, 2017.

The Dolphins finished with 350 yards rushing and 376 yards passing for 726 in the game. Officially, the only team to gain more was the Rams with 735 against the New York Yanks in 1951.

But as the Pro Football Journal discovered, that total doesn’t include a 13-yard sack taken by Norm Van Brocklin that under current scoring rules would have left the Rams with 722 total yards.

But because sack yards weren’t deducted from total yards until 1952, the NFL and its official stats keeper, The Elias Sports Bureau, consider the 735 to be the record.

Messi983

Pete Carroll is out as Seattle Seahawks head coach and will remain in the organization as an adviser, the team said Wednesday.

Carroll, 72, was 137-89-1 in 14 seasons with the Seahawks, winning one Super Bowl.

Change was needed and it's a right decision but still feel a bit sad. Thanks for everything, Pete. :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans