Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I have to say that I am secretly hoping that he does come to Barca. I know that it will screw up all the dynamics in the dressing room and it will all end in tear, BUT imagine if Messi and Neymar could play together....

exactly.

that's the driving force behind it all, the potential for sheer magic.

also everyone saying he's not Ronaldinho 2.0 needs to watch some Ronaldinho before he came to us.

Ohio Catalan

I've never seen this kid stay on his feet for more than 2.5-3 seconds if a defender is withing 5 feet. Nothing to see here, move along

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
exactly.

also everyone saying he's not Ronaldinho 2.0 needs to watch some Ronaldinho before he came to us.
i dont get how much more magic u can want and have.....we have the highest scoring teams in history in the last couple of years so the chances of shit getting much better aint there yet the chance of fucking everything up is much greater

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
exactly.

And having known me for a while Metasexual you will know that it is very unlike me to want that type of player to wear the Blaugrana shirt. I think if we have an opportunity we have to sign him and see if it works.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
exactly.

He also has the "potential" to be Denilson 2.0. The problem is that sort of extreme thinking is how you open these topics up for people like HBA shouting on one side, while the other side has us calling him "Gaymar" and comparating him disfavorably to every other prospect out there.

He's a very talented, very expensive Brazilian prospect who can do pretty stepovers and can score goals already against quality opposition. But being talented and doing pretty stepovers does not make him inherently the new Ronaldinho, and he undeniably comes with baggage that isn't all his fault. Yes a lot of people were ready to dismiss Ronaldinho after the start of his PSG campaign, they were wrong, but that experience helped him be who he became. That's why the lesson of Robinho is so important on why you don't give a kid the keys to the castle as soon as he shows that he's Brazilian and does pretty stepovers.

But yeah, if Barca gets Neymar for cheap because of some Nike engineering than yes, it's a move that's hard to turn down. But Barca doesn't "need" Neymar unless the need is because you are a starfucker.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
He also has the "potential" to be Denilson 2.0. The problem is that sort of extreme thinking is how you open these topics up for people like HBA shouting on one side, while the other side has us calling him "Gaymar" and comparating him disfavorably to every other prospect out there.

He's a very talented, very expensive Brazilian prospect who can do pretty stepovers and can score goals already against quality opposition. But being talented and doing pretty stepovers does not make him inherently the new Ronaldinho, and he undeniably comes with baggage that isn't all his fault. Yes a lot of people were ready to dismiss Ronaldinho after the start of his PSG campaign, they were wrong, but that experience helped him be who he became. That's why the lesson of Robinho is so important on why you don't give a kid the keys to the castle as soon as he shows that he's Brazilian and does pretty stepovers.

But yeah, if Barca gets Neymar for cheap because of some Nike engineering than yes, it's a move that's hard to turn down. But Barca doesn't "need" Neymar unless the need is because you are a starfucker.

Agreed man. imo, we should not be so greedy . There is no need for us to sign every fucking good scoring players . ffs man alexis , villa , messi , affelay .. how many we should go for ?? look at the accumulated wage rate of our players . We are having multiple great seasons , a simple bad move can fuck us up and as yusuf said the chances are quite huge . Should not act like Zlatan transfer plus Neymar will be 0 productive in the locker room !!

I am not sure about his off field dynamics with Barca and Guardiola's philosophy . Not doubting his talent at all. But at barca , transfers are not only about sheer brilliance or football talent, some other things matter also.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Yeah, greed is a serious issue. I get this year that we have relied far too much on Messi but don't forget Villa, Pedro and Sanchez have all been fucked by injuries. Afellay hasn't even gotten a chance yet FFS. We are still going to "rely" on Messi in big games because that's what he's for. You can point to Madrid's more balanced strike force of Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema as how depth is a good thing but none of those players are big dribblers, and the only ball hog of the three is better at off ball movements anyway.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Yeah, greed is a serious issue. I get this year that we have relied far too much on Messi but don't forget Villa, Pedro and Sanchez have all been fucked by injuries. Afellay hasn't even gotten a chance yet FFS. We are still going to "rely" on Messi in big games because that's what he's for. You can point to Madrid's more balanced strike force of Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema as how depth is a good thing but none of those players are big dribblers, and the only ball hog of the three is better at off ball movements anyway.

hypothetically Madrid is more balanced forward/striker wise right now. But hypothetically. Because Villa and affelay is out for injuries and both Pedro and alexis has suffered the same . And working very hard to come back to the game.

Our ratio of efficiency is still greater because we did not get the full service of our strikers and yet we have scored so many goals and has broken our own all time goal scoring record . So basically we dont need a new striker/forward . What we need is patience and wait for Villa and affelay to return in the mainstream of Barca !!

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Will be a fucking joke if our board buys that clown. Stood there for 6 sec in one spot - that has nothing to do with professional football.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Didn't the board already advance money to secure his future transfer?

With the money it will cost to get him, they could potentially get:
Gareth Bale, Javi Martínez, or Jordi Alba (pick 2 out of 3)
Adrián López or Iker Muniain (pick 1)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper

all true.

in fact I've never said anything to the contrary.

it's all about the possibility of magic. he'd be a luxury signing for sure (even if we sell Villa to sign him, that's still luxury coz we don't need to be sellin' Big Dave).

but my points are thus:
1. MAGIC
2. people laughing off the Ronaldinho comparisons because of how well Ronnie did for us are wrong and annoying. Neymar is 100 times more professional than Ronnie ever was and is already more efficient than Ronnie was at PSG. yes he has baggage, but his baggage is more like Rivaldo's in that there's a fuckload of pressure on him from the Brazilian media (different pressure to Rivaldo, who was always slated, but pressure nonetheless) rather than him being a party animal.
3. the Robinho comparisons aren't accurate because Robinho's biggest flaw is that he can't shoot. he has been great for Milan but misses at least 1 sitter a match, if he could convert just half of those chances he'd be a great player. Neymar can finish, so won't have the same problems.
4. MAAAGIIIIIC

the biggest points against Neymar are:
1. price
2. can he do what he does off the ball and at a faster pace? I mean we're hardly a sprinting team but we're significantly faster than the walking pace he likes to resort to sometimes. that's the big footballing issue with him, much moreso than work-rate and happiness being #2 to Messi.
3. price

he is coming, that much is obvious, but the question is when? hopefully it's not for a year at least, because by then he'll be filling a need as Villa will be on the way out. he'll still cut down on Tello's emergence, but there's always enough games for everyone.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
honestly as much as I think an options contract in football for more than most regular transfers is sheer insanity, it's something that makes more sense as a down the line move than next year.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Club is not ready/can not afford to take the risk to buy another player who may goes into conflict/misunderstanding with Guardiola . Even if a scenario stands where we think of getting him by offloading some of our strikers , it will be most likely when Pep is not around anymore i.e 2013 as par the rumors . I just don't see Guardiola going for Neymar. just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans