[gfy]AggressiveRequiredDuckbillplatypus[/gfy]

[gfy]WeightyDazzlingBaboon[/gfy]

[gfy]BlandTameItalianbrownbear[/gfy]

[gfy]LastFloweryBanteng[/gfy]

[gfy]HalfLeadingBengaltiger[/gfy]

[gfy]SpanishPlumpAmericangoldfinch[/gfy]

[gfy]InsistentThickAnnashummingbird[/gfy]

GetIn

If Neymar wants to be the best in the world he needs to up his end product to a world class level and frankly speaking he is nowhere near that right now.

Richard.H

He can't continue to be Messi's side chick next season. He needs to play for himself and look more to score goals. Needs to go back to that killer 2015 confidence. No idea what has happened to him, was on track to becoming Messi's successor 2 years ago and now looks not much better than Alexis Sanchez.

Kuchi

and now looks not much better than Alexis Sanchez.

That is just absurd man, he makes it look ridiculously easy to get passed defenders, a vast majority of our chances come from that right flank (esp with Messi going mid), and those chances start with his clearing his marking and causing more defenders to come his way..

Richard.H

That is just absurd man, he makes it look ridiculously easy to get passed defenders, a vast majority of our chances come from that right flank (esp with Messi going mid), and those chances start with his clearing his marking and causing more defenders to come his way..

How is it absurd? It's not like Alexis is a bad player. I've watched both teams play and I'm honestly not seeing much of a difference. Both are contributing about the same. You could even argue Alexis is contributing more.

Neymar has REALLY decreased his level of play since 2015. Used to be a clinical finisher and a much efficient dribbler and passer. Now, with all the extra bullshit dribbles he does, reminds me of Alexis.

JamDav1982

Neymar is on a different level to Sanchez as a Barca player and knowing what it takes to play as part of system to Messi.

Sanchez just wasnt good enough to carry out that role. Didnt have the brain for it and looked like Messi was not a big fan at times.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Neymar's biggest advantage at barca is he gets along well with Messi and has an amazing partnership. But he needs be less erratic and be more consistent.

Galning

It won't be bad to see Neymar with a new coach. Lucho loved the chaos up front where the top three just do what comes to them most of the time. He'd be a totally different player under Pep so I don't think it's fair to compare him to Alexis. He is still miles ahead of Alexis for Barça.

And don't act like Alexis is a poor player either. He was arguably the best player in the Premier League this season.

BBZ8800

Slightly controversial thought, but Messi-Neymar bromance isn't as shiny as in 2015.

Messi seemed back then as he really adored Neymar, they were joking a lot, Messi was jumping on him whenever Messi scored.

Imo, in 2015 it looked as out of this world bromance.
Today it decreased (the same as Neymar's 2015's form) to a level of love between normal teammates.

Also, my feeling is that we see way less those Messi's long balls from a Rw position for Neymar at Lw. (Ok, Messi doesn't play at Rw as much).

Anyway, this could sound controversial, but how I see it, Messi-Ney connection (from Messi's part) was a few levels lower both on and off field (celebrations after goals, joking all the time) today compared to 2015.

On off field part, Messi turned more to Suarez lately.
And on field, Msn and a whole team just lost the plot and played way more individualistic and isolated than back then.

Last edited:

El Flaco

Neymar was indirectly responsable (although with a bit of luck) for Eibar's own goal last night.

[gfy]DefinitiveCrispGallowaycow[/gfy]

[gfy]LeadingEnviousDingo[/gfy]

[gfy]GleamingBoilingKusimanse[/gfy]

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

The first part is definitely true, he breezes past defenders incredibly easy, but what frustrates people is that seldom anything good comes out of it... Yeah, a few times the team manages to score after one of his moves, but those are the exceptions, not the rule...

Either way season is over and Lucho is gone, so if the new coach manages to sort out midfield then I would assume Neymar could improve next season in terms of end product...

Home of Barca Fans