Neymar Jr. - v5

If any other team had Neymar, their forums would be a giant circle jerk about how Neymar is the GOAT and how he was totally worth the billion euros they paid for him. Oh and let's not forget them laughing at us for blowing said billion euros on more Gomes type players. Neymar's had his haters from the start, both among Barca and non-Barca fans, but no forum shits on their best players the way this one does. The haters would be a vast minority anywhere else.

Btw, I'm not calling for that kind of circle jerk here or anything. Pointing out his flaws and when he has a bad game is fine, but what's happening in this thread is ridiculous. As Jamdav is saying, he's our second best player. There isn't an LW in the world I'd take over him.

Is he Messi? No, no one is. Is he the second best thing out there? He probably is. Is he the second best thing we have right now? Definitely.

Last edited:

xavisionary

Neymar will be remembered as a world class player and legend of his generation, a few people saying otherwise on an internet forum won't change that

BBZ8800

Neymar will be remembered as a world class player and legend of his generation, a few people saying otherwise on an internet forum won't change that

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a world class player and a legend of his generation.
That doesn't say too much about whether he is a good or the best fit for Barca.

Also, if someone said: let's sell Zlatan and try with a different attacker for Barca, it doesn't mean that a person is denying that Zlatan is a world class player and one of legends of his generation (whatever that means, plus not to mention that is subjective. Someone will say that there are only 3 world class players/legends in the world in this moment. Someone else will say that there are 20 or 30 world class players/legends in this moment).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a world class player and a legend of his generation.
That doesn't say too much about whether he is a good or the best fit for Barca.

Also, if someone said: let's sell Zlatan and try with a different attacker for Barca, it doesn't mean that a person is denying that Zlatan is a world class player and one of legends of his generation (whatever that means, plus not to mention that is subjective. Someone will say that there are only 3 world class players/legends in the world in this moment. Someone else will say that there are 20 or 30 world class players/legends in this moment).

Zlatan didnt fit in the end. Neymar has fitted in and produced while being a hard working team orientated player that knows he is second to Messi and can adapt.

The two are polar opposites.

Neymars legacy as a world class player will be enhanced by his time at Barca. Ibras is in spite of his time at Barca.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Zlatan didnt fit in the end. Neymar has fitted in and produced while being a hard working team orientated player that knows he is second to Messi and can adapt.

The two are polar opposites.

Neymars legacy as a world class player will be enhanced by his time at Barca. Ibras is in spite of his time at Barca.

Neymar is a better fit than Zlatan.
That still doesn't mean that he is a perfect or good fit at all.

Also, Zlatan is gone.
Revisionism kicked in and it is easy to paint as bad everything what he did while he was here.

Imagine Neymar playing average (for his standards) for 1-2 more years. Imagine we selling him then and buying some new leader instead of him.
And imagine if a team with a new guy will play better than a team with Neymar.

Fast forward 5-10 years and a history will say that Neymar was a world class player, but a team never (except in some shorter periods) clicked well while he was here.

So, it is hard to compare a player who is gone and labelled as a bad fit with a guy who is here and with whom jury is still out there.
If Ney will bring us Cls or something in the next 1-2 years, he will be hailed as a true winner in 10 years.
If we'll win zero Cls in upcoming years (I know, it is not only because of him), you'll see how in 5 years Barca's fans and neutral fans will talk about his 5 or 6 years here.

A history and opinions are often written in the end.
Thus, I can easily see people talking differently about him than today, based on how many trophies we will win in the next 1-2 years.

JamDav1982

Neymar is a better fit than Zlatan.
That still doesn't mean that he is a perfect or good fit at all.

Also, Zlatan is gone.
Revisionism kicked in and it is easy to paint as bad everything what he did while he was here.

Imagine Neymar playing average (for his standards) for 1-2 more years. Imagine we selling him then and buying some new leader instead of him.

Fast forward 5-10 years and a history will say that Neymar was a world class player, but a team never (except in some shorter periods) clicked well while he was here.

So, it is hard to compare a player who is gone and labelled as a bad fit with a guy who is here and with whom jury is still out there.
If Ney will bring us Cls or something in the next 1-2 years, he will be hailed as a true winner in 10 years.
If we'll win zero Cls in upcoming years (I know, it is not only because of him), you'll see how in 5 years Barca's fans and neutral fans will talk about his 5 or 6 years here.

A history and opinions are often written in the end.
Thus, I can easily see people talking differently about him than today, based on how many trophies we will win in the next 1-2 years.

Who has painted everything Zlatan did as bad at Barca? No one.

Team has already clicked with Neymar here. Dont need to imagine any made up scenarios.

Not up to Ney to single handedly bring CLs. He has already played huge part in winning one and many Barca legends have one CL on their resume but would like to think can win more with him in coming years. Rest of team and Ney need to perform for that to have good chance.

Potroh

Your theoretical agenda against Neymar and hence selling Neymar, just lacks one of the most important factors. Namely that it doesn't just depend on the coach or management if a new player (be it world-class or otherwise) accepted, but it hugely depends on the other players, actually playing with him.
Imagine you sell Neymar and bring in another outstanding player. What will be Messi's opinion on the sale and Suarez's and the rest of them? Because this is far more important than your pseudo-statistics, it's upon the OTHER PLAYERS how they would react to a change like that, be it the selling part or the purchase. Acceptance: to put it short.

As I'm certain that Messi is more happy playing with Neymar than with anyone else in the globe, and neither the management nor you or me (standing and writing from god knows what distance) would RISK selling him, (unless there is a huge financial need), because they supposedly also know the old rule: don't brake a formation, where otherwise player with good results want to play with certain other players.

Selling and buying a player is not just like a "board game" where you sit at your desk and theoretically (artificially) place numbered puppets in the possible 11 positions, but it largely depends on the dressing-room-dynamics and tendencies, that the management SHOULD also know.

The bad signings and unnecessary and often silly rotations this season definitely resulted in a tension in the dressing room, that may have easily been the cause of the weaker performance.
It's always the players who react to personal changes, either favor or oppose those, and NEVER the chess game you try to play in order to prove that Neymar (or someone else for that matter) COULD BE substituted by anyone else, specially in the long run.

BBZ8800

As I'm certain that Messi is more happy playing with Neymar than with anyone else in the globe, and neither the management nor you or me (standing and writing from god knows what distance) would RISK selling him, (unless there is a huge financial need), because they supposedly also know the old rule: don't brake a formation

Is that something like: don't fix if it ain't broken?
The problem is that we are seriously broken for the last 18 Months.

About Messi's happiness, if Cr7 will continue to win Cls and BallonDOrs, I am quite sure that Messi will want a lot of changes in our team, on all levels.

You are acting as if we have just won a sixtuple and as if some idiots on forums are trying to ruin our winning team.
We won 15 points less than Rm in La liga in the last 18 months, 2 BallonDOrs less than them and 2 Cls less than them.

If this season will end with Rm winning a double and if we won't win anything important in the next season, I am quite sure that at least one member of Msn will be looking for a new job in the next summer.

Potroh

I've mentioned it already: we scored 112 goals and the MSN scored most of them, thus the actual problem is NOT with the MSN or the attackers. The problem is with partly of the right side defense AND mostly with the midfield.
Barca is NOT seriously "broken" as you say, just this season couldn't bring all results.
RMadrid was also not "broken" during the years they lost the Liga.

About Messi's happiness, if Cr7 will continue to win Cls and BallonDOrs, I am quite sure that Messi will want a lot of changes in our team, on all levels.

CLs perhaps still motivate Messi, I have my doubts about the Ballon, but even if he himself promotes a lot of changes in the team, that would definitely be NOT dismantling the MSN.
Believe me, it's the new coach Messi mostly cares about and not "changes on all levels".
Do you think Dani Alves's departure wasn't a clap in his face? Or Gomes or Arda? He knows it as well as we do here, if not 1000 times more, because regardless how well he plays, we concede a goal from every third corner...

You are acting as if we have just won a sixtuple

I'm not "acting" in any way, simply mentioned an important aspect of the dressing-room dynamics. Whatsoever the facts tell you is against your agenda, because the main problem is elsewhere, not with the MSN and giving up on a player and incorporating another is not as simple as the home-brew chess-game or the statistics that seem to consist the main argument of yours.

If this season will end with Rm winning a double and if we won't win anything important in the next season, I am quite sure that at least one member of Msn will be looking for a new job in the next summer.

That's easily possible but none of us know that. Many things will happen until then...

Sneer

Banned

You are acting as if we have just won a sixtuple and as if some idiots on forums are trying to ruin our winning team.
We won 15 points less than Rm in La liga in the last 18 months, 2 BallonDOrs less than them and 2 Cls less than them.

When your head aches you are most likely given acetaminophen, not antibiotics. . .
Fix your defense and midfield, we haven't been kicked out of the UCL and La Liga because we don't score goal, but because we concede too damn many goals.

Home of Barca Fans