Newcastle

El Gato

Villarato!
I have no idea what to expect honestly. I'm entirely ignorant on function of institutions de facto ran by such theocratic Arab states. It's hardly comparative to Qatari so what can you expect them to change on executive level? Will their ideology permeate through executive recruitment, like will they have women running anything? Are they just a deep pocket for the current board to go into in time of need (like Wolves)?

Last edited:

stb_1

I have no idea what to expect honestly. I'm entirely ignorant on function of institutions de facto ran by such theocratic Arab states. It's hardly comparative to Qatari so what can you expect them to change on executive level? Will their ideology permeate through executive recruitment, like will they have women running anything? Are they just a deep pocket for the current board to go into in time of need (like Wolves)?

They have a different kind of money to anything seen so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4Bv2fAtzg4&ab_channel=MansionBet

El Gato

Villarato!
They have a different kind of money to anything seen so far.

So?
Everyone on social media freaks out but that's not even the most important part. Doesn't matter how big the tank is if the pipeline is narrow. Bigger issues are with how much influence they'll have indirectly with how club is ran.

Wambo

I am really happy for the Newcastle football club, but Mr. Salmon should have seriously picked Barcelona.

Imagine what could have we done with his fund:

>Buy back Messi in January
>Sign world class manager: Konte, Zidane, Tuchel.
>Buy Erling Haaland
>Buy new CBs and an entire new midfield

JerseyAddict

Well... FCB was not for sale...
But he can loan FCB some money. With 0 interest. In exchange he can get 50% of our squad on half price :) :)

malvolio

And suddenly everyone feels happy for Newcastle, while trashing the likes of PSG and City for being oil clubs.

Neeraj

This is another sad day for football. State run clubs (morally and ethically questionable states at that) taking over clubs is going to lead to an arms race. PSG single handedly inflated the market by 50% with ONE transfer of Neymar. Going forward every average player will start fetching 100M and the economics of the sport will be completely destroyed, leading to a real life Fifa Ultimate Team scene. I think it's a situation where in the long-run, football spectators lose.

Home of Barca Fans