Mikel Arteta

Robbie

Newcastle have a better chance, to be fair. Their scouting this season puts Wenger to shame. Cabaye for 4.4mil, Demba Ba for free, got Davide Santon from Inter and Demba Cisse too. They haven't even properly settled and gotten used to the league and they're already chasing fourth.

Bergkamp10

Newcastle have a better chance, to be fair. Their scouting this season puts Wenger to shame. Cabaye for 4.4mil, Demba Ba for free, got Davide Santon from Inter and Demba Cisse too. They haven't even properly settled and gotten used to the league and they're already chasing fourth.

Ba has a £10m release clause or something so he'll be gone next season. The problem with clubs like Spurs and Newcastle is that the minute they get decent players, the big clubs in for their players. We are heading the same way if Wenger and the board stay.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Ba has a £10m release clause or something so he'll be gone next season. The problem with clubs like Spurs and Newcastle is that the minute they get decent players, the big clubs in for their players. We are heading the same way if Wenger and the board stay.

Both of us have gone in that direction already....

Bergkamp10

There isn't but my point is if you don't then trying to sign the likes of Gotze is therefore a non starter no?

Not really. City got Silva when they weren't in the CL. Sometimes ambition and money is enough to attract a player and if Usmanov and Dein run the club then we would have plenty.

A

ArsenalN5

Not really. City got Silva when they weren't in the CL. Sometimes ambition and money is enough to attract a player and if Usmanov and Dein run the club then we would have plenty.

You want Usmanov in charge? He's a criminal with a less that spotless past.....No thanks.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Do Arsenal really need the Uzbek in charge? The problem has surely been poor purchasing rather not purchasing enough. Yeah, they're not in the market for the £30m+ players but I wouldn't say that it's worth wishing Usmanov gets involved imo.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
If he invests in the club and shows ambition then he can be a spurs fan for all I care.

you don't need to invest that heavily.

I dunno when your stadium is gonna be paid off, but you just need to remain a CL club until then.

coz when that happens you'll have ass-loads of money coming in (out of all the world's clubs you're 4th for match-day income & not far off us in 3rd) AND a fully integrated youth system AND champions league football AND no debts. the club will then largely pay for itself (especially if you improve your commercial income which is laughably low right now) just like United did pre-Glazers.

then you really will be laughing.

just haveta maintain CL status 'til then. Wenger knows this and cuts his cloth accordingly. only this season he cut it a bit too short and left his feet exposed. or somethin'.

Home of Barca Fans