Memphis Depay

Windhook

He's class and at a prime age yet no CL club wants him. Let's cut the bullshit, the guy is a luxury player that not many want in their team.
Too high maintenance for the output and inconsistency he provides.

Always with the negativity.

malvolio

Always with the negativity.

What do you want me to say? Yes, he can be a good player for a side that doesn't have title ambitions, at most CL qualifying ambitions. Too expensive and too much of a diva for any serious side.

He is 28, in his supposed prime, but nowhere near a starting spot for a good team.

Reminds me a lot of the Romanian attackers we had over the past 20 years.

Horatio

You're welcome
What do you want me to say? Yes, he can be a good player for a side that doesn't have title ambitions, at most CL qualifying ambitions. Too expensive and too much of a diva for any serious side.

He is 28, in his supposed prime, but nowhere near a starting spot for a good team.

Reminds me a lot of the Romanian attackers we had over the past 20 years.

Too much diva? You're talking out of your ass lol.

Windhook

Our style doesn't suit him. I said he's class, not world class. I'm sure in PL he can do better, fast football. Whether CL clubs want him or not, not up to me to say. Not wasting my time on that.

If we get money for Depay or a swap will be great. Otherwise if he stays until contract expiry, I expect some minor role from the bench in the title race.

Andresito

Staff member
Memphis might have the appearance of a diva but he has in no way acted unprofessionally during his stint here.

malvolio

Memphis might have the appearance of a diva but he has in no way acted unprofessionally during his stint here.

I was referring to the way he strolls around the field at times and falls at any contact. Would have liked a bit more bite and determination. Of course he acted like a true professional while at Barca, no one's arguing that.

Birdy

Depay was great the first half of last season when the team was dire
Be more charitable

Of course he is neither a CF nor a LW, but an SS who operates best with some freedom of CENTRAL movement behind a CF
a system that Barca never plays

Above all it's that he doesn't fit, not that Ferran Raphinia even Ansu are better than him
That's why he is on his way out

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He just doesn't suit us, but he might suit somebody else and we should be looking for a swap-deal - we're in no position economically or with our overall quality of our team to be picky about exactly who we swap him for as long as he suits us a little bit better than Depay.

fergus90

Kinda feels like he deserved to be released to go wherever he desires. Joined the club in a bad moment, on a low salary.

Definitely doesn’t have a role at the club, but he’s a very useful footballer for many teams to have.

feggydinho

Depay was great the first half of last season when the team was dire
Be more charitable

Of course he is neither a CF nor a LW, but an SS who operates best with some freedom of CENTRAL movement behind a CF
a system that Barca never plays

Above all it's that he doesn't fit, not that Ferran Raphinia even Ansu are better than him
That's why he is on his way out

True, I feel Xavi didn't really give him much of a chance since his contract was short and rather opted for Ferran and Fati

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pini Zahavi who is Carrasco's agent said that the plan is for him to join us in exchange of Memphis, but negotiations still going on.

Porque

Kinda feels like he deserved to be released to go wherever he desires. Joined the club in a bad moment, on a low salary.

Definitely doesn’t have a role at the club, but he’s a very useful footballer for many teams to have.

That's fair but not to Atletico.

Home of Barca Fans