Memphis Depay

Jakabor

How long is he out for? Curious how he will be used with the new arrivals and Braithwaite coming back

He is doing gym work but no idea of when he will be on the pitch again.

He is definitely ahead of Braithwaite though.

1a Ferran
1b Ansu (when healthy)
2 Auba
3 Dembele
4 Adama (could be a starter when Ansu is out, but Xavi probably wants to use Dembele as a starter until the summer)
5 Depay
6/7 Luuk / Braithwaite

Richard.H

Wow, I have completely forgotten about him. I know he is injured, but I completely forgot that he was in our team. I think it's because we signed so many attackers

behindbrowneyes

Xavi on Eric Garcia and Memphis Depay
Eric is good. If tomorrow nothing crazy happens he’ll be on the list. We’ll see if he starts. Memphis still needs a bit more time. We’ll see how he evolves this week. He’s doing well, it’s a little relapse in the same area and it takes a little longer to recuperate. He’s looking good and next week he’ll be available.

That's what Xavi said before the game against Espanyol. I've read two weeks ago that the plan for him is to come back against Napoli, so looks like everything is going as expected. Seen some training snippets from him at the end of last week and those sessions looked already very intense, so he'll probably join group training this week. With Ansu injured he is still the best option on LW.

ajnotkeith

Curious to see how well he'll do with the new attackers. He is in fact a good creator and can occupy defenders to bring others into the game, so could have a lot of presence in future formations if Ferran keeps underperforming.

serghei

Curious to see how well he'll do with the new attackers. He is in fact a good creator and can occupy defenders to bring others into the game, so could have a lot of presence in future formations if Ferran keeps underperforming.

Curious too, but he may have big flaws in playing quick one or two-touch football, which is what we are trying to do.

Home of Barca Fans