Memphis Depay

behindbrowneyes

Curious too, but he may have big flaws in playing quick one or two-touch football, which is what we are trying to do.

No. Barca's slow buildup really has hurt him. Just look how he thrives in that fast-transitioning Elftal football. Xaviball will do him well and he'll look better than he did before. He is rested now too.

He still managed to get 8 goals and 2 assists in a difficult situation. He is more of a goal threat than Ferran and therefore will add goals and assists to the team. Auba, Adama, Dembouz and Ferran are much better than what he had to work with before he got injured.

serghei

No. Barca's slow buildup really has hurt him. Just look how he thrives in that fast-transitioning Elftal football. Xaviball will do him well and he'll look better than he did before. He is rested now too.

He still managed to get 8 goals and 2 assists in a difficult situation. He is more of a goal threat than Ferran and therefore will add goals and assists to the team. Auba, Adama, Dembouz and Ferran are much better than what he had to work with before he got injured.

He managed to do those things, but I also remember the insanely high amount of turnovers and bad passes.

JohnN

I really wouldn't like to see Depay again. We have some rhythm building up with our frontline and he is too static.

jamrock

Does the little ones twos that Torres does expect he's actually skillful enough to also beat his man one on one and can score.

Was running back & pressing as well..

giorgoXXI

I think we'll see a different Depay now that he is playing in a functioning team. He is technically very good and has goals in him. Before we expected him to do everything on his own and he is not that kind of player.

Catta

He doesn't need to carry the attack all by himself anymore. With the midfield and forward line improved, I expect him to also play much better.

Masetro10

Start him right away over Torres. Not because Torres is bad but because we need proven finishers out there. Torres does nice things but Depay is just better at the moment.

Horatio

You're welcome
He doesn't need to carry the attack all by himself anymore. With the midfield and forward line improved, I expect him to also play much better.

Even though I have been supportive of him since his signing was announced and of course I want him to do well because NL team, Auba is at way higher level than him. Memphis can still be very frustrating in box. I think Xavi will keep him low in pecking order. Prefers Ferran and Ansu is also better than him.
But solid game with nice passing today.

Porque

Nice to see him back, and with a goal too.

There's a different air in the team right now. If Xavi plays it well, he can keep this forward line happy and rotating.

serghei

Start him right away over Torres. Not because Torres is bad but because we need proven finishers out there. Torres does nice things but Depay is just better at the moment.

Xavi will rotate more in attack if everyone delivers at the current level.

FinBarcelonafan

I think we'll see a different Depay now that he is playing in a functioning team. He is technically very good and has goals in him. Before we expected him to do everything on his own and he is not that kind of player.

This. Looked instantly better than Torres.

He could look good with this better team. He isn't good enough to carry team with Jugla, Abde, Luuk as starters because he is no Messi but now we will get more out of him.

Home of Barca Fans