Memphis Depay

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I just don't want to see Morata here. I have dignity.
Don't want certain RM or Bayern players here either even if they would offer them for free. Or Neymar e.g. Rather win with our guys or others that are not associated with certain teams and all that.

Football is just business these days. For clubs, officials and players. But we as fans have the choice to show our feelings.

FinBarcelonafan

I just don't want to see Morata here. I have dignity.
Don't want certain RM or Bayern players here either even if they would offer them for free. Or Neymar e.g. Rather win with our guys or others that are not associated with certain teams and all that.

That's fair and Morata hates Barca in reality too.

JohnN

Did Lukk de Jong prove to actually be more useful than this guy? He seems lost, slow and most of the times absent.

Messi983

Even if he goes on loan to Juve will probably finish as our 2nd top scorer this season. Ansu is the only one who will realistically overcome him if he stays fit.

Haters still gonna hate though.

Birdy

I think Xavi played him yesterday to his best position.

He can't stay out wide hugging the touchline, as we need from our wingers, and he ain't as fast in dribbling and ball-carrying as Abde or Dembele

Then, as a striker he suffered for 2 or more months this season, and he doesn't have a striker's instincts like Fati.

But as an advanced floating interior or AM, like he played yesterday, and like he can play in Xavi's 3-4-2-1, his best qualities will come to fore.
He needs to receive not with his back turned all the time, and with passing options in front of him either to a striker or to advancing wingers/wingbacks.
I wanna see him more there in the next games, starting the next one against Bilbao where I reckon Xavi will start with the 3-4-2-1.

He needs to stay until the end of the season definitely, and to be given time and chances by Xavi.

JamDav1982

Zero chance Xavi will play Depay with any regularity at CM/AM. Which will be the position open in Xavis team other than CF/Winger vast majority of time if not always.

He cant play that position in way Xavi has it set up.

More suited to CF than that which is where he will play more often unless Morata comes in.

That formation from Xavi towards end wont last and was about the players he had put on to try and get back in game more than anything.

behindbrowneyes

Still think LW is his best position as he can create from there and when there is a somewhat decent striker and a winger on the other side he'll create a decent amount of chances. Don't see Ansu playing all of the games for 90min so we maybe find the right formula of rotation to get the best out of both of them. If all players stay fit it's luxury compared to the last months but I don't see all of them staying fit given their injury records. Still not complete though as Braithwaite is yet to come back too. A solid rivalry for the starting spots can only be good for the team. We hadn't that for months. Being fit was basically the licence to start a game.

As a CF Memphis is suffering heavily from our slow build-up. He is doing much better for the Netherlands and their electrifying game. Also don't agree that he is slow. He surely is no Dembele, but not slower than Ansu.

freetocan

Still think LW is his best position as he can create from there and when there is a somewhat decent striker and a winger on the other side he'll create a decent amount of chances. Don't see Ansu playing all of the games for 90min so we maybe find the right formula of rotation to get the best out of both of them. If all players stay fit it's luxury compared to the last months but I don't see all of them staying fit given their injury records. Still not complete though as Braithwaite is yet to come back too. A solid rivalry for the starting spots can only be good for the team. We hadn't that for months. Being fit was basically the licence to start a game.

As a CF Memphis is suffering heavily from our slow build-up. He is doing much better for the Netherlands and their electrifying game. Also don't agree that he is slow. He surely is no Dembele, but not slower than Ansu.
You are probably the only one who does not see that this fat guy is slow and totally useless. Next time, hopefully it will not be, look close to his movement. It is the worst Barca player in its history.

OVI9323

You are probably the only one who does not see that this fat guy is slow and totally useless. Next time, hopefully it will not be, look close to his movement. It is the worst Barca player in its history.

Countinho would be ashamed of your claim SIR! He fought hard to get this position of WOAT, don't try to bring his name down just because he moved :/ Even if he's not that far, Depay has still a way to go before we can even put both in the same conversation

behindbrowneyes

Without him, we'd have 9 points less in the table.

According to UEFA his top speed was 31,3km/h. Ansu 30,9km/h.

Nice try though, keyboard acrobat.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's ponderous on the ball and has poor tactical awareness of positions to occupy on the pitch or space - lazy or dumb, not sure

I despise Morata but he's a better fit for Xavi's Barca than Depay

Porque

He's ponderous on the ball and has poor tactical awareness of positions to occupy on the pitch or space - lazy or dumb, not sure

I despise Morata but he's a better fit for Xavi's Barca than Depay

So what you are saying is, he could be our new defensive midfielder ...

Home of Barca Fans