Memphis Depay

serghei

He had a fantastic game, great link-up, trickery and dribbles, set up several good chances. However, he really should have scored 2-3 goals from open play, can't be this wasteful. Needs to correct his aim asap

Should have had an easy 2 goals vs Cadiz too. He missed an open net and a 1 vs 1. Maybe he's just not a very good scorer. Has he ever scored goals in the big numbers, like 20+ a season?

khaled_a_d

Should have had an easy 2 goals vs Cadiz too. He missed an open net and a 1 vs 1. Maybe he's just not a very good scorer. Has he ever scored goals in the big numbers, like 20+ a season?

Twice with lyon but they were in 40 games (last season) and 51 games (17/18) and om both cases he scored 22 goals
But he scored many penalties in both seasons IIRC, so yeah he isn't a player you bet to be the league top goal scorer

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Scored 22 goals for Lyon last year, but 8 of those were penalties. Also scored 22 goals in 17/18, 3 from penalties.

He's not a prolific goalscorer, that's for sure. Dembele, Aguero and Ansu all need to contribute healthy numbers. Good thing is that he is very good at taking penalties I guess.

serghei

[MENTION=14527]te amo barca[/MENTION], [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION], if the goals are well distributed, I'd take 25 goals, it's good productivity for a winger. Expected less tbh.

fergus90

I don’t think he’s ever going to be a lethal finisher, as he’s not a true 9. But he’s always a threat and even on an off day he usually creates a few opportunities. Very nice addition to the squad.

Horatio

You're welcome
I have said this since before the transfer when I had my doubts about him going to Barca I brought up how he is hot-and-cold and is sloppy in finishing, but at the other hand he has eye for teammates so he would assist Messi in many goals(Messi is gone now though). Then somebody countered my by bringing up he was topscorer in Ligue 1 for a season. But now hear a lot of those goals were penalties.

So yeah....

I am actually more positive about Memphis than before. Apparently does not cost us much currently and I like his overall play. Just wish he really works on taking himself to the next level here at Barca. He has the mentality for it.

serghei

Ansu is so much better than Depay on the wing. The latter is fine in the center, even if he's not clinical. His physicality helps a lot.

I'm not seeing that physicality personally from Depay, he kind of drops easily and asks for fouls at the slightest contact. Don't see him hanging on too much. This team is still lacking a 9 big time.

Home of Barca Fans