Memphis Depay

jairzinho

You?re frustrated; I can tell. I was frustrated too after the Bayern game. Watching us sit back and defend for 90 minutes wasn?t pretty. Point is, let?s wait and see how he performs in his first season at the club, not after a few games during a period in which every player is underperforming. Nothing is going well at the moment, at any level of the club. Cheers.

I am, but concerned too. He doesn't seem clutch or it could be the pressure getting to his head. I hope he figures things out soon.

khaled_a_d

He's being paid to score goals no?. That's his job. After the entire team works their ass off playing with 10 men, this guy misses a simple 1 on 1 after Pique puts it on a platter for him. That's the sort of miss that can crush a team's confidence. And it wasn't even the only miss. Should have put away at least 2 of those chances.

He isn't paid enough to carry a team like Barcelona either

Bobo32

So who of these other players is supposed to string together anything? Luuk De Jong? Our toothless midfield? Demir? A good part of the squad has a near 100% chance to not create anything when they receive a ball.

Depay has a high error rate, and that can backfire but at least he *can* make up for it. Others just play it safe, or even fail at doing that so he still is our most threatening attacker, and he could've scored some yesterday as well.

He isn't the next coming of Messi and has his flaws, but it's also not his fault we rely on him like that. He would be just fine as an addition for the frontline if we had some decent options there to begin with. The least of our worries for now imo.
Yes it is his fault that he plays like he does, and he is (as are we) very lucky that Messi isn't still there, so that the 30% of passes that he misses doesn't take away from Messis possession but de Jongs and Demirs. But I think both these players would be a lot better off if they got to play with for example Konrad instead of Depay.
As is, with Koemans terrible sense for structure etc, it is very much ok though to just let Depay play like he does and hope that he will decide somethings sometimes. It's at least some sort of a "plan".
Well that's what has been reported by various places. It's no secret we didn't have the money to sign players and have let many go due to their wages so I highly doubt he'd be on 10m.

Not sure why you're multiplying it by 10. You can't think we'll go far in the ucl so that he'll rack up 50 games overall!

I also said nearly already paid it off. A few more goals and assists and this will be true.
Ok, I do not agree that he already has paid off whatever he'll cost over the year.
To be very frank: so far, I wouldn't be very positive to him even if he was completely free.
I would guess that he is somewhere in between 5 and 10 in regular wage, but with a very nice sign on and a lot of variables. But who knows.
There is no correlation (let alone causation).

I agree that Trincao and Konrad would have been nice to keep though. Manaj and Collado on the other hand... rather not.
Between what?
The wages of Depay and Aguero were added to the wage bill that needed to be smaller in order to register Messi?
There was a lot of moaning about amigos not lowering their wages when they weren't even asked to by the club, all the while they signed a couple of veterans on presumably decent wages, while getting rid of people like Konrad f.e.

jamrock

You could see how he lit up once fati came on, they have probably been linking up sell in training.

Fati----Depay---Messi

IF

Guaranteed la Liga, IF

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He had a fantastic game, great link-up, trickery and dribbles, set up several good chances. However, he really should have scored 2-3 goals from open play, can't be this wasteful. Needs to correct his aim asap

Home of Barca Fans