Memphis Depay

serghei

I agree, he is here to make a difference in the last third. Neymar had a pretty high amount of failed actions, but he also had pieces of brilliance that decided games and resulted in goals. If Depay produces the goods in nearly every game and we score as a result of this, he'll be a great addition.

Kul_z

I agree, he is here to make a difference in the last third. Neymar had a pretty high amount of failed actions, but he also had pieces of brilliance that decided games and resulted in goals. If Depay produces the goods in nearly every game and we score as a result of this, he'll be a great addition.

Since neysnake we really didnt have a 'baller' in final third, someone who is not a one trick pony or injury prone, and has a bit of goalscorer in him. You can say fati is closest to that, but we all know what happened. If he is injury free, i expect double digits of goals and assists, easily

jamrock

See a lot of warning signs already - most of which I was aware of before his signing, but I thought they would be a bit more hidden before he had made at least 3 games for the club. I think he will be a disaster for this team and club, especially while Koeman is still there.

Bro you seriously need to stop think about what you are about to post, delete it and post something else.

Seriously, you seem like a good young man.

Bobo32

Bro you seriously need to stop think about what you are about to post, delete it and post something else.

Seriously, you seem like a good young man.

Hm should I post something more in line with what you'd post instead? What was wrong with that post?

Porque

"Ask yourself, not what your team can do for you, but what you can do for Messi."

So far he has shown good moments and enjoyed being able to express himself as the focus of the attack.

Let's see if he can make his game co-exist with Messi. If he can, perfect.

So far I liked what he showed here, but it is going to be totally different with Messi there.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Buckets of quality

It's gonna come down to how much focus, discipline and motivation he has which i perceive as some of his weakness. I don't know much about him, but he just strikes me as that type of player.

Rebellious, gets easily bored, needs the spotlight and when things aren't going his way he self-destructs a bit.

Let's see if he can man up.

I have similar sentiments. Sporting wise, he has the sort of quality, swagger & strength to really add something special to the club. On the personal side, he's more Neymar than Messi - let's hope it does not detract from his football or rising to the occasion when he is called upon to find the back of the net

I have a good feeling though despite his cringeworthy persona, the attack could be special

Horatio

You're welcome
I have similar sentiments. Sporting wise, he has the sort of quality, swagger & strength to really add something special to the club. On the personal side, he's more Neymar

His personality is very away from that of Neymar's. Don't be fooled by the rapping hobby or silly hat.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His personality is very away from that of Neymar's. Don't be fooled by the rapping hobby or silly hat.

I agree with this. From what I've read Memphis' professionalism was never questioned since he left Man Utd. He's basically matured. He has his hobbies, ventures and all that shit off the field, but you won't see Memphis miss training sessions and what not to attend parties.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a guy that has some swagger to him that isn't boring as fuck like most of our signings last few years. I don't expect him to perform like a World Class player, but I think he'll be a good player for us and will adapt his game to mesh well with Messi.

Football's supposed to be fun too.

Horatio

You're welcome
I agree with this. From what I've read Memphis' professionalism was never questioned since he left Man Utd. He's basically matured. He has his hobbies, ventures and all that shit off the field, but you won't see Memphis miss training sessions and what not to attend parties.

In his defense he was never really a party animal. Not even with United. All of the criticism during United was aimed at his disappointing performances or hat lol.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans