Mavericky Puig

xXKonan

has this kid even played this season?

tbh i cant even remember what he plays like
Think the last time he played was in the first Copa Del Rey match we had this season only to get subbed off at HT and he's never been seen again.

Porque

There was a moment in the second half (I think after Alves got sent off) where Puig was standing up and assessing the bench like he was the manager. As if he was deciding what substitution to make next.

This guy should retire already and start getting his coaching license. Elite manager potential.

jairzinho

It's sad to see that he's been reduced to a meme when he could have been playing and getting valuable experience somewhere else. Hope Xavi advises him to move on in the summer for the sake of his career.

fergus90

He’s further from the first XI than he’s ever been. Prior to this season he had the youth on his side. This season two younger players have surpassed him in the pecking order.

If he wants to improve and have any chance of making it, he’s got to get regular football next season. He’s 23 in August and he’s mustered 50 games at the top level. With much less starts in that too.

BerkeleyBernie

It is strange for sure .. I thought Xavi would love Puig

He might. And he's in the squad. Xavi obviously feels there are others better suited to play the tactical roles he thinks are needed to meet the current situation.

On Sunday, the team played with the speed of passing only Puig has brought to the game in recent times. That's what fans want to see. It then becomes a matter of whose skillset best matches the needs of the tactics Xavi wants.

JamDav1982

Xavi doesnt rate him as expected.

They will try to move him on in summer but be difficult when he has no ambition to prove himself as a footballer.

He is as dead a spot in the squad as Umtiti.

Home of Barca Fans