Mavericky Puig

Messi983

https://twitter.com/cityreport_/status/1478362374503600131/photo/1

I am not sure there would be a lot of need for Puig at Man City though, they have been managed well for a long time and have a good squad with their own youngsters coming through too.
But it would be less surprising to me than to most if he ended up there. I think it is more likely than most would think, but still very improbable. I think he might have to take the long way from here...

I believe if Pep goes to another club this summer and is to build something new, Puig might very well be one he looks to bring.

Pep would immediately take Gavi and Pedri from us, maybe Nico as well. But he would sign 1000 other players before he would even consider Puig.

fergus90

Is he able to re-sign for Barca B in 2023 once his contracts up? Because I genuinely think that’s the way it’s headed.

Porque

Pep would take them all. He wouldnt play them all, but he would take them and put them in the development vacuum.

Puig would by plying his trade in the Premier League 2 and get a 3 minute appearance in the League Cup though.

Messi983

No, unfortunately can't demote players from A to B.

Can't directly demote him but what if his contract expires, he's on a market for a few weeks nobody wanting him and then he signs for Barca B? Don't think there is any rule against that.

I could actually see him doing that but hope Barca will be smart enough to move on.

Andresito

Staff member
Can't directly demote him but what if his contract expires, he's on a market for a few weeks nobody wanting him and then he signs for Barca B? Don't think there is any rule against that.

I could actually see him doing that but hope Barca will be smart enough to move on.

I don't know, seems unlikely that any player would accept that. Not sure if he can be registered for our B team when he's been part of our A team even if he leaves and comes back. But he could technically play for Castilla for example.

Speaking of which, I noticed that Collado is registered for Granada's B team, Juan Miranda still has a number above 25 as well, so technically a B teamer.

Messi983

I don't know, seems unlikely that any player would accept that. Not sure if he can be registered for our B team when he's been part of our A team even if he leaves and comes back. But he could technically play for Castilla for example.

Speaking of which, I noticed that Collado is registered for Granada's B team, Juan Miranda still has a number above 25 as well, so technically a B teamer.

I'm not talking about a possibility of a player accepting a "demotion" but that free agent players can sign with whoever they want. He could theoretically sign for any Segunda B/Primera RFEF team so why he couldn't with Barca B?

You never know with La Liga but even they would probably think that something like this is so unlikely to happen they probably don't even have rules preventing that.

But tbh if there is one player who would accept going from Barca back to Barca B is probably Mavericky.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm not talking about a possibility of a player accepting a "demotion" but that free agent players can sign with whoever they want. He could theoretically sign for any Segunda B/Primera RFEF team so why he couldn't with Barca B?

You never know with La Liga but even they would probably think that something like this is so unlikely to happen they probably don't even have rules preventing that.

But tbh if there is one player who would accept going from Barca back to Barca B is probably Mavericky.

Yeah well in theory it would seem logical. I'm not 100% sure.

And tru that Pooch could be the first to do it :lol: But man, it'd take a lot to take that step downwards.
Only circumstance I can see that happening is if he gets a really serious injury before the end of his contract, and that Barca act nice to let him recover in the B team since nobody else will want to risk offering him a pro contract.

But there will always be better options for him than Barca B. He still has plenty of fanboys. Even Laporta was convinced of him as soon as a year ago. Surely there are other presidents/coaches that believe he can become top 6 midfielder in the world.

Bobo32

If I owned a club, Puig would probably be the first transfer in.
- He'd probably be very cheap
- He evidently is very loyal and doesn't moan
- He has the highest passing accuracy not only for Barcelona, but for the entire league (players who played more than 30 minutes)
- He succeeds with more passes per 90 minutes than all but three players in the entire league - Toni Kroos, Jordi Alba, and Alex Petxa (who played less than 60 minutes)
- This is while always looking for the creative, progressive pass as we know.

It is so strange to see the viciousness and ill-will from a lot of users here, that sort of temperament is so foreign to me.

Bobo32

Maybe that is the reason why you don't own a football club :lol:

You are right. I will be silent for a while now and just read what all you club owners write with your perfect judgement! You know that a transfer of Riqui Puig would destroy any club! In fact he is the main reason FC Barcelona are struggling lately.

Home of Barca Fans