Mavericky Puig

Porque

Puig will get his opportunity(ies). What has come from behind him has already arrived or already left (Nico,Gavi,Pedri,Ilaix) and Puig is still here and part of the squad- for now. There is no money and the generation below is still atleast a season away from going to the B team. So he still has a small window (unless someone like Kays Ruiz for example, has a great phase now he is past his injury issues).

Too soon to draw long term conclusions from Xavi selections as it is only 2 games and a few weeks work, though we can derive hints from them.

What I see happening quickly is that Xavi will see him as an option who can come on and quicken the pace of the team to create faster offensive overloads in the last 20/30 minutes.

But if he doesn't improve his off the ball positioning then will only be an option if Xavi decides to sacrifice a defender and place him in AMC (think poor mans Riquelme), or as an exchange with an offensive player. In other words not with the trust to be a like for like midfield change.

Last edited:

Windhook

What is his father doing then? I thought he was connected to Barca too.

That's what I found on Spanish Wikipedia:
He was born in Matadepera on August 13, 1999. His father, Carlos Puig, was also a footballer, and played as a left-back for Terrassa F?tbol Club. It was precisely in Tarrasa where he began his career as a footballer, playing for J?bac Terrassa.

Last edited:

Porque

Xavi from todays press conference.

"He is one of the squad and we count on him as we all do. Everyone will have their chance, we have several competitions. He has a huge talent to attack centrals, to reach the area and is capable of giving that last pass we need, "said Xavi.

Xavi asks for more daring in attack: "He has to dare, he has to reach the area, he has to shoot"

"He has an innate talent and has to be important for the team like Gavi and Nico are. He has to dare, he has to shoot, he has to get to the area, but of course we have him, "

---

I really like that he is conditioning the midfielders to dare more on the final pass and to shoot. Things that would be difficult with Messi&Inshallah.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Xavi: "Riqui is a player of the squad and we count on him. He will have opportunities, like everyone else. Riqui is a very talented player who has that last pass we need so much. He has a natural talent to play between the opponent's defensive lines. We are counting on him."

behindbrowneyes

Good for his value. Now sell in January. Need to get rid of a player anyway if we are to loan someone in the winter transfer market as our squad is already fully booked with Alves.

Home of Barca Fans