Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

That's what's been said to begin with. Try it when the match allows it, see how it looks. If it looks well try it more. If not, use Puig strictly as Pedri back-up to rest him.

Nobody and nothing is forcing Koeman to insist on things that aren't working. But all options which can work should be explored. Of course you won't try Messi to play CB to see if it works, but sensible things like Puig, Pedri, De Jong trio should be tried and tested.

La Liga is 90% gone, CL is a pipe dream. Top 4 is almost guaranteed. If not now when?

Wont be tried in those minutes to see how works and wouldnt prove much.

Puig currently will be up against Pedri for the 'meaningful' time would think and Barca will look to replace Busi before putting FDJ back there.

Last edited:

vegitot

That's what's been said to begin with. Try it when the match allows it, see how it looks. If it looks well try it more. If not, use Puig strictly as Pedri back-up to rest him.

Nobody and nothing is forcing Koeman to insist on things that aren't working. But all options which can work should be explored. Of course you won't try Messi to play CB to see if it works, but sensible things like Puig, Pedri, De Jong trio should be tried and tested.

La Liga is 90% gone, CL is a pipe dream. Top 4 is almost guaranteed. If not now when?
So no CDM De Jong is better than Busquest huh??

Now it is all option should be explored. Completely out of topic.

serghei

Wont be tried in those minutes to see how works and wouldnt prove much.

Puig currently will be up against Pedri for the 'meaningful' would think and Barca will look to replace Busi before putting FDJ back there.

It probably won't. That's a negative for Koeman. Especially if Busi is gonna fuck up more games playing DM with his errors. Pressing Busi is the gift that keeps on giving. Wouldn't be surprised to see PSG doing it a lot and recovering many balls in dangerous positions strictly as a result of this.

We'll revisit this.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

It probably won't. That's a negative for Koeman. Especially if Busi is gonna fuck up more games playing DM with his errors.

Its not a negative if he knows it is not on cards other than minutes to rest legs.

If you want to judge this midfield by Busi fuck ups also take into account FDJ in his current role which wouldnt be there and the positive that brings as Puig cannot even remotely do what he does.

JamDav1982

Sure. If the team plays like in the last few games with this formula, great. Puig goes on loan, and everything is fine.

Ok lets also judge current midfield on FDJ/Pedri and how they connect with rest of team as whole dynamic changes if move FDJ.

It is not all about Busi fuck ups when looking at the midfield and changes made.

serghei

Its not a negative if he knows it is not on cards other than minutes to rest legs.

If you want to judge this midfield by Busi fuck ups also take into account FDJ in his current role which wouldnt be there and the positive that brings as Puig cannot even remotely do what he does.

This is exactly why I want it tried and tested. I want it tried to see how much we gain defensively and in terms of fluidity with error-prone & slow Busi being out, and how much worse Puig is compared to De Jong in the box to box role.

Or if Wijnaldum is signed, Wijnaldum as a box to box, with De Jong in Busi role.

Which is curious btw, since you're so against De Jong being a DM. Do you think that if we sign Wijnaldum he'll play DM, or box to box? And if he plays box to box, where will De Jong play? Or do you think Wijnaldum would be a sub? Or do you think Pedri will be replaced by Ginni?

How do you fit in Wijnaldum, with both Pedri and De Jong?

JamDav1982

Which is exactly what I want it tried. I want it tried to see how much we gain defensively in terms of fluidity for error-prone slow Busi being out, and how much worse Puig is compared to De Jong in the box to box role.

Or if Wijnaldum is signed, Wijnaldum as box to box.

Which is curious btw, you think that if we sign Wijnaldum he'll play DM, or box to box, and if he plays box to box, where will De Jong play? Or do you think Wijnaldum would be a sub. Or do you think Pedri will be replaced by Ginni?

I think if Wijnaldum was signed he would cover at DM or more attacking where Pedri is before shifting FDJ.

There will be no push to try a new midfield role for FDJ and rightfully so.

serghei

I think if Wijnaldum was signed he would cover at DM or more attacking where Pedri is before shifting FDJ.

There will be no push to try a new midfield role for FDJ and rightfully so.

So, Pedri will be replaced in the first 11, or Wijnaldum will be a squad player? And Busi would still be starting, with Ginny as back-up for Pedri and Busi, but not starter?

I hope we do get him, as I doubt Koeman would want one of his favorites and a starter for Liverpool (top 2 team in the world) as a bench/rotational player.

vegitot

This is exactly why I want it tried and tested. I want it tried to see how much we gain defensively and in terms of fluidity with error-prone & slow Busi being out, and how much worse Puig is compared to De Jong in the box to box role.

Or if Wijnaldum is signed, Wijnaldum as a box to box, with De Jong in Busi role.

Which is curious btw, since you're so against De Jong being a DM. Do you think that if we sign Wijnaldum he'll play DM, or box to box? And if he plays box to box, where will De Jong play? Or do you think Wijnaldum would be a sub? Or do you think Pedri will be replaced by Ginni?

How do you fit in Wijnaldum, with both Pedri and De Jong?

If you can prove De Jong is better CDM than Busquest by real edvidence like stats, match reports, videos... Then we will tall about the fantasy Pedri - De Jong - Puig.
Otherwise, just sit and watch Koeman do his work.

Btw if Koeman can get Wijnaldum, probably Puig on loan, Busquest may become sub option.

Home of Barca Fans