Mavericky Puig

JamDav1982

So, Pedri will be replaced in the first 11, or Wijnaldum will be a squad player? And Busi would still be starting, with Ginny as back-up for Pedri and Busi, but not starter?

I hope we do get him, as I doubt Koeman would want one of his favorites and a starter for Liverpool (top 2 team in the world) as a bench/rotational player.

Who said 'Pedri will be replaced'? Talking about where he could be used if in team with FDJ.

Try that one again.

Wijnaldum has not been a box to box player at Liverpool last few seasons anyway. More about holding position and circulating ball quickly.

serghei

You sound so melodramatic :lol:

I am all for Pedri and Puig. So both should stay. But in a balanced midfield with a DM+Frenkie.

It's written language mate, it doesn't sound anything except how you imagine it.

All I want is for the team to do well. I simply see a problem with Busi at DM going forward and a very big problem, not one that can be looked over.

serghei

Who said 'Pedri will be replaced'? Talking about where he could be used if in team with FDJ.

Try that one again.

Wijnaldum has not been a box to box player at Liverpool last few seasons anyway. More about holding position and circulating ball quickly.

Ok, so given that Pedri, and De Jong will start, if Wijnaldum will start, where does he start for you? Simple answer please. Instead of Busi at DM, or instead of De Jong as box to box, with De Jong moving down in the DM role?

To settle this and see who's right if Ginny is signed.

JamDav1982

It's written language mate, it doesn't sound anything except how you imagine it.

All I want is for the team to do well. I simply see a problem with Busi at DM going forward and a very big problem, not one that can be looked over.

You see the whole midfield as Busi at DM and that is what will be judged on.

The bigger issue is FDJ in role that suits him and that is with Busi being well past his best.

serghei

You see the whole midfield as Busi at DM and that is what will be judged on.

The bigger issue is FDJ in role that suits him and that is with Busi being well past his best.

Busi's role is pivotal and absolutely key. He is the one that connects the compartments, and if he fails, we'll have huge issues coming out from defense. The ball wouldn't even get to De Jong and Messi.

JamDav1982

Ok, so given that Pedri, and De Jong will start, if Wijnaldum will start, where does he start for you? Simple answer please. Instead of Busi at DM, or instead of De Jong as box to box, with De Jong moving down in the DM role.

To settle this and see who's right if Ginny is signed.

Pedri and De Jong wouldnt start every game and injuries etc that is where would see Wijnaldum playing before ever moves FDJ to accommodate him.

I am not sure Wijnaldum will even be signed since Pedri has broke through but I think FDJ would hold his current position and be first name down. Lets see if happens.

JamDav1982

Busi's role is pivotal and absolutely key. He is the one that connects the compartments, and if he fails, we'll have huge issues coming out from defense. The ball wouldn't even get to De Jong and Messi.

FDJ role has been absolutely critical and key as has Pedris and how they are connecting with front line.

All that is part of moving FDJ to DM.

The bigger issue is FDJ in correct position and from there replace Busi.

vegitot

And does it make De Jong better CDM than Busquest??? No.

Just by talking then i can say even Messi is better than Busquest at CDM. Godlike technique, dribbling, super vision, passing abilities, can tackle. Perfect CDM in your eyes. With two hard working midfielders around him and he will be fine at CDM.

Sounds very reasonable, right??? But it is just pure fantasy.

serghei

Pedri and De Jong wouldnt start every game and injuries etc that is where would see Wijnaldum playing before ever moves FDJ to accommodate him.

I am not sure Wijnaldum will even be signed since Pedri has broke through but I think FDJ would hold his current position and be first name down. Lets see if happens.

Ok. Will be interesting to see. So, Wijnaldum wouldn't start the biggest games and would be cover for both De Jong and Pedri, but in no way will De Jong replace Busi if Wijnaldum comes. Noted.

JamDav1982

Ok. Will be interesting to see. So, Wijnaldum wouldn't start the biggest games and would be cover for both De Jong and Pedri, but in no way will De Jong replace Busi if Wijnaldum comes. Noted.

What is your prediction if Wijnaldum signs?

Never once said he wouldnt start biggest games... you are coming out with more bizarre strawmans each time.

My prediciton is FDJ plays box to box and not lone DM if Wijnaldum comes.

Last edited:

serghei

What is your prediction if Wijnaldum signs?

Wijnaldum box to box, Frenkie drops DM, Busi squad role, Pedri stays where he's at (AM).

4-3-3 with De Jong (DM -> Box to box), Wijnaldum (Box to box -> DM, basically opposite of Frenkie), Pedri AM. That would be my guess.

JamDav1982

Wijnaldum box to box, Frenkie drops DM, Busi squad role, Pedri stays where he's at (AM).

4-3-3 with De Jong (DM -> Box to box), Wijnaldum (Box to box -> DM, basically opposite of Frenkie), Pedri AM. That would be my guess.

So pivot with two and not sole DM.

Ok agreed then FDJ wont play sole DM and will be box to box.

Easy.

Doesnt look good for Puig in your prediciton.

serghei

Never once said he wouldnt start biggest games... you are coming out with more bizarre strawmans each time.

No, that is you putting up vague, not definitive statements, to keep your options open and spin it later in case your prediction goes south. :lol:

serghei

So pivot with two and not sole DM.

Ok agreed then FDJ wont play sole DM and will be box to box.

Easy.

Doesnt look good for Puig in your prediciton.

No. Out of Wijnaldum and De Jong, the one who would be DM most of the time will be De Jong.

What I wrote simply means that in case De Jong goes up, Wijnaldum would adjust to a more defensive position to keep the shape. Without Wijnaldum, Puig would have to do that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans