Mavericky Puig

serghei

The argument that FDJ could play DM with the freedom to move is even worse than just saying would play it as Busi should by sitting more.

It is fantasy.

Who said about De Jong having the freedom to move at DM? His position will be clear, with clear roles, and only in specific moments where there is really a chance to do so he will have runs forwards.

Every footballer on earth, if he has the chance to move in space, and place a pass or take a shot, he will do it. Regardless of positioning.

JamDav1982

Who said about De Jong having the freedom to move at DM? His position will be clear, with clear roles, and only in specific moments where there is really a chance to do so he will have runs forwards.

Every footballer on earth, if he has the chance to move in space, and place a pass or take a shot, he will do it. Regardless of positioning.

Wont work in realms of fantasy now.

Having freedom does not mean sitting in a position waiting for the very few opportunities arise.

When have two AMs on front it would him restricted at DM far too often and without freedom that is being discussed.

YodaMaster

Rakitic and Vidal are better than Alena, that is how football work.

Show me proof that Alena was better. All talk.

Lol, who are you for me to bring you proofs ? You can't even have a smart chat on this forum, just repeating same 3 lines all over again like a clueless child.
Still, proofs are most games from 2018, 2019 and 2020, you either watched them or you didn't, probably the latter in your case, but I can't do this for you. You can also go watch Sevilla and Inter games, read their fans comments to see that both those players are trash.

You can't even understand what you're reading, maybe you're not even reading. When a player is absolute shit (Rakitic and Vidal) you can't just blindly keep on starting them every game, you should try something new and give chances to a young prospect (Alena). Doesn't even matter if he's better or not, you should just try instead of keep on eating the same shit again and again.

vegitot

Pure fantasy. That is not his style. By your logic, Griezmann can be CDM too.

serghei

That means at least coach rate him higher than other at his position.

Now show me dozen matches De Jong excel at CDM, not as double pivot.

Dude, if you want proof, I could logically demand proof for everything you say until Christmas this year, and you'll still have to bring me proof. :lol:

This is an open discussion in a forum. Nearly everything except scores and results is speculations, attempts at logical arguments, and conjectures.

JamDav1982

Alena is bang average.

Rakitic and Vidal were better than him and and that is what players will get picked on more than minutes to develop youngsters. The young players have to be seen as good enough.

Rakitic and Vidal were done as well though.

vegitot

Lol, who are you for me to bring you proofs ? You can't even have a smart chat on this forum, just repeating same 3 lines all over again like a clueless child.
Still, proofs are most games from 2018, 2019 and 2020, you either watched them or you didn't, probably the latter in your case, but I can't do this for you. You can also go watch Sevilla and Inter games, read their fans comments to see that both those players are trash.

You can't even understand what you're reading, maybe you're not even reading. When a player is absolute shit (Rakitic and Vidal) you can't just blindly keep on starting them every game, you should try something new and give chances to a young prospect (Alena). Doesn't even matter if he's better or not, you should just try instead of keep on eating the same shit again and again.

Young prospect like Alena was worse than shit you mention. Simple. 22 years old and Betis benched him.

Rakitic/Vidal just passed their best amd declined. At least they are all over 30. Alena is 23 and somewhat worse.

And try to prove Alena being better than Rakitic/Vidal. I'll wait.

vegitot

Dude, if you want proof, I could logically demand proof for everything you say until Christmas this year, and you'll still have to bring me proof. :lol:

This is an open discussion in a forum. Nearly everything except scores and results is speculations, attempts at logical arguments, and conjectures.

You think De Jong is better CDM than Busquest, yet have not real edvidence. All talk. He never plays better than Busquest at CDM. At least there are 3 coaches, including Koeman who coached him before know it.

YodaMaster

FDJ could play DM but he need the freedom to move up and down pitch as he got at Ajax/Netherlands and where he has been at best for Barca.

Box to box doesnt mean a ten that gets in there and scores or provides assists anyway. Despite FDJ showing at Barca recently he can when gets up and down pitch.

Ten Hag was reacting to FDJ playing AM under Setien not the role has played in last few games.

Nice headline in quote but he doesnt mention box to box there about FDJ in quote and he wouldnt have him as a DM either so can try that one again.

Keep that lie about 'Coutinho and Messi' if like. Just the latest one of yours.

FDJ was not anything like a lone DM in way Barca would play Busi and FDJ as replacement.

https://tribuna.com/en/fcbarcelona/...heres-what-ten-hag-said-before-frenkies-move/

Ten Hag specifcially states he is not suited to lone DM and needs freedom to move. He is far more of a 'box to box' player than ever will be a lone DM. Best box to box in world.

?His quality is that he ensures that the ball gets into the final third. He is an adventurer, always on the move. Often with the ball, sometimes without the ball. Can you put him at six as the only link? He leaves the middle of the pitch too often for that. And if you don?t give him the freedom to go forward, you won?t get the best out of his game.?

Exactly.
It takes a blind man to not see that FDJ isn't and never will be a lone DM. His biggest strength is his ability to run all over the pitch.
By the way, he had a pure DM next to him in Ajax that allowed him to have offensive freedom. Right now he's displaying his best foobtall ever in that box to box role, yet some geniuses here want to restrict him to a lone DM role. It just shows you their poor football knowledge.

vegitot

Exactly.
It takes a blind man to not see that FDJ isn't and never will be a lone DM. His biggest strength is his ability to run all over the pitch.
By the way, he had a pure DM next to him in Ajax that allowed him to have offensive freedom. Right now he's displaying his best foobtall ever in that box to box role, yet some geniuses here want to restrict him to a lone DM role. It just shows you their poor football knowledge.

100% agree.

soul24rage

Busquets needs replaced but not by FDJ.

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking of as well. With $ being real tight for transfers, we could try Bob as the pivot, see how he does.

Also heard good things about Jandro Orellano for Barca B, we could try him for the first team next season to see what he can do.

Interiors? Coutinho and Griezman also play as "interiors" and Puig is better than both. He could easily fill for both AM and CM positions just like Pedri, even tough they both are inclined to attack.

No shit that Puig is better than Coutinho and Griezmann as interiors lol

I love Puig but Pedri and DJ are better as interiors than Puig is. Puig should be the one to play if either Pedri and DJ is suspended or injured.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Then we should sell FDJ for profit and bring someone else, because we will be asking him to be a player he isn't

Joan

Oh yeah genius ? Please tell me who blamed Valverde for not starting Alena ahead of Rakitic in 2017 ? People started to blame him for starting Rakitic in that 2018-2019 season where the croat was awful, a shame for a club like Barca, and still started every freaking game. I mentioned the times when Valverde's starting midfield had Rakitic and Vidal in it, this wasn't 4 years ago, it was 2 years ago.
Yeah, and were still better than Alena or other options Valverde had at his disposal. I mean, collect yourself. You're crying over a useless player who'll never do anything with his career.

Valverde saw it before you, deal with it. ;)

Joan

Message back when you learn what football is, how it works, and also you can message me back when you'll learn how to have an adult discussion, how to debate and give arguments. Right now you're typing like a clueless child but there is always hope, who knows.

All right dummies, I'm going to give you my time and explain why you kids are clueless.

Insecure much? :lol:

YodaMaster

Yeah, and were still better than Alena or other options Valverde had at his disposal. I mean, collect yourself. You're crying over a useless player who'll never do anything with his career.

Valverde saw it before you, deal with it. ;)

See the thing is I couldn't give two fucks about Alena, I'm the first to tell that in a normal Barca squad, he's a bench warmer at the very best. Good thing he left on loan. But in a trash Barca with useless dinosaurs like Rakitic and Vidal as main starters, nothing wrong with expecting Alena to get some playing times. You missed my whole point and now here you are trying to look intelligent. Big fail mate.

Now talking about my point, I am gonna explain it again since I know you have to be patient with kids, some might be slow to understand.

So the point was that:
1. You can't blame Koeman for not starting or giving much playing time to Puig when his starters are class and young players like FDJ and Pedri (+ Pjanic on the bench).
2. You can't compare the above situation to Valverde not considering at all Alena while his starters are finished and awful Rakitic and Vidal.

But still, Koeman gives more playing time to Puig than Valverde gave to Alena. So if you read between the lines: Koeman is no Valverde, no need to compare them.
That's it, that's the point.

Home of Barca Fans