Mavericky Puig

vegitot

He didnt say that in the quote... he said not a ten that gets in box and scored goals when played as more of AM under your man Setien.

The same coach who said he cant play the lone DM role and needs freedom to move.

Which one is closer to his Ajax/Netherlands role? His current one or Busis role? It is not even close.

Then again you scoff at Keane and Viera being box to box so not sure where this is going. It is a fairly loose term to describe a player that is given freedom on and off ball to get up and down pitch and a variety of different players in different systems play it.

Call it whatever you like if 'box to box' hurts but it is about getting that freedom.

he is completely off topic. We are talking about Busquest being the best CDM available now at Barca and better than De Jong at CDM. Now he starts saying some nonsense thing like double pivot...

De Jong already played at double pivot position and much worse than his rencently matches.

vegitot

Busquets is mentally broken and it's inevitable he will make many mistakes that will cost us another thrashing in UCL. Why the fuck some people still wants him in the lineup is mental. Funny that they rather see Busquets, FDJ, Pedri midfield rather than FDJ, Pedri, Puig midfield.

:busquets:

[youtube]_GhLsRu-sSA[/youtube]

Busquest is considered one of all time best CDM.

Where is Puig???

Even a declined Busquest is better at CDM than De Jong at CDM. Puig, not even worth to lace Busquest's boots.

YodaMaster

Message back when Alena scores in Clasico like both Rakitic and Vidal did in 2018/19 season. Simply impposible

Even if Rakitic and Vidal were bad, they were all better than Alena.

Message back when you learn what football is, how it works, and also you can message me back when you'll learn how to have an adult discussion, how to debate and give arguments. Right now you're typing like a clueless child but there is always hope, who knows.

vegitot

Message back when you learn what football is, how it works, and also you can message me back when you'll learn how to have an adult discussion, how to debate and give arguments. Right now you're typing like a clueless child but there is always hope, who knows.

Rakitic and Vidal are better than Alena, that is how football work.

Show me proof that Alena was better. All talk.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Busquest is considered one of all time best CDM.

Where is Puig???

Even a declined Busquest is better at CDM than De Jong at CDM. Puig, not even worth to lace Busquest's boots.

Personally in world where could for argument sake clone him would have FDJ at DM at head of Busquets but not to move him out of position in the team now.

Dont think anyone is saying Puig is better DM either but would have him with Pedri on front of FDJ which for me doesnt make any sense.

serghei

Also, like with Casemiro in Madrid, DMs can participate offensively in moments of the game if you make the right tactical moves. For example with a high line, the DM will inevitably take a more advanced position, and the deeper build-up will be done by the pushed up CBs. This is why Casemiro is often, even as a DM, in position to play an smart key pass, make a run, or have a shot. You just have to compensate for that with an adjustment. Maybe a fullback tucks inside a bit more, maybe one of the other midfielders drops a bit to cover the area, and so on.

The idea that if you play DM you will be basically be caged in a box and never get the chance to impact games offensively is very outdated in 2021.

JamDav1982

Also, like with Casemiro in Madrid, DMs can participate offensively in moments of the game if you make the right tactical moves. For example with a high line, the DM will inevitably take a more advanced position, and the deeper build-up will be done by the pushed up CBs. This is why Casemiro is often, even as a DM, in position to play an assist, make a run, or have a shot. You just have to compensate that with an adjustment. Maybe a fullback tucks inside a bit more, maybe one of the other midfielders drops a bit to cover the area and so on.

The idea that if you play DM you will be basically be caged in a box and never get the chance to impact games offensively is very outdated in 2021.

Kroos and Modric sit deeper than both Pedri and Puig and have better range of passing to dictate from deep.

Cant compare that to two AMs like Pedri and Puig.

Would be an absolute disaster to play two AMs and a DM with freedom.

Casimero played nothing like FDJ has for Ajax/Netherlands and Barca recently either and was more a physical presence that could be useful in box from set pieces and to push forward if struggling to connect with the crosses raining in.

Cannot compare the two set ups.

vegitot

Also, like with Casemiro in Madrid, DMs can participate offensively in moments of the game if you make the right tactical moves. For example with a high line, the DM will inevitably take a more advanced position, and the deeper build-up will be done by the pushed up CBs. This is why Casemiro is often, even as a DM, in position to play an smart key pass, make a run, or have a shot. You just have to compensate for that with an adjustment. Maybe a fullback tucks inside a bit more, maybe one of the other midfielders drops a bit to cover the area, and so on.

Show dozen matches De Jong excel at CDM. Not as double pivot.

You believe De Jong is better CDM, prove it.

serghei

Show dozen matches De Jong excel at CDM. Not as double pivot.

You believe De Jong is better CDM, prove it.

First you need to prove to me that if a player plays more in a position than another player, then he is automatically better. Good luck.

You can submit your evidence to Wolfe, I hear he is the one who handles these things on the forum.

vegitot

First you need to prove to me that if a player plays more in a position than another player, then he is automatically better. Good luck.

That means at least coach rate him higher than other at his position.

Now show me dozen matches De Jong excel at CDM, not as double pivot.

JamDav1982

The argument that FDJ could play DM with the freedom to move is even worse than just saying would play it as Busi should by sitting more.

It is fantasy.

fergus90

That means at least coach rate him higher than other at his position.

Now show me dozen matches De Jong excel at CDM, not as double pivot.

Whilst you're instructing people to revisit matches, allow me to invite you to rewatch PSG 4-0, Bayern 8-2 and Liverpool 4-0 where Busquets makes countless mistakes in areas to leave the team under pressure. FDJ is an exceptional box-to-box midfieler but lets not pretend Busquets of the last 5 years has reached unattainable levels at CDM where he's not remotely replaceable.

The main problem of having FDJ at CDM is that you are taking him away from a position he is excelling at. Busi is done against top level opposition.

vegitot

Whilst you're instructing people to revisit matches, allow me to invite you to rewatch PSG 4-0, Bayern 8-2 and Liverpool 4-0 where Busquets makes countless mistakes in areas to leave the team under pressure. FDJ is an exceptional box-to-box midfieler but lets not pretend Busquets of the last 5 years has reached unattainable levels at CDM where he's not remotely replaceable.

The main problem of having FDJ at CDM is that you are taking him away from a position he is excelling at. Busi is done against top level opposition.

No doubt but how that make De Jong being better at CDM than Busquest??? And this is what we are talking about. Barca's best CDM available now is still Busquest. Koeman not yet find his replacement.

JamDav1982

No doubt but how that make De Jong being better at CDM than Busquest??? And this is what we are talking about. Barca's best CDM available now is still Busquest. Koeman not yet find his replacement.

Two different arguments really.

Koeman could think FDJ is the best DM but play Busquets there as FDJ best position is further up.

Home of Barca Fans