Mats Hummels

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Half of the Dortmund squad are huge Barcelona admirers, including Klopp. That's really no secret. I remember Götze visiting our CL game against Leverkusen in his spare time while being injured. So I think it's safe to say some of their players DO have an emotional attachment to Barcelona, in a sense that it's THE dream club for them. Especially in Germany Barcelona is heavily admired. A lot of that is also down to Xavi's and Iniesta's showings in 2008 and 2010 (against Germany as well) on the international stage. Some examples? Löw voted Xavi, Messi and Iniesta as his top 3 for the Ballon d'Or last year when Ronaldo broke the La Liga goalscoring record and finished second overall in the Ballon d'Or rankings. Klopp said this about Barcelona and Real Madrid: "There are a lot of players in the Bundesliga good enough for Real Madrid. Not for Barcelona but for Real Madrid? Of course."

Real can't go for him anyway by the way. Ramos is undroppable and only 26 and so is Pepe. They are also grooming Varane. The Italian league is extremely unattractive for German players while Manchester United have Phil "Baresi" Jones. Hummels also holds a grudge against Bayern. He will not join them. People seem to have not seen his celebrations when he scored against them or the way he got involved in a scuffle against Schweinsteiger in their last meeting. So why don't you just keep your bitterness for yourself? If Barcelona want him, Barcelona will get him. U mad?

Why would I be bitter if he joined Barca? I don't hate Barca at all so explain why I'd be bitter?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Athletic would probably look for us to pay the release clause for Martinez and if they considered it a hostile approach (i.e. you can either pay the release and it be accepted by the club or they can still look at it as them not wanting to sell) we'd have to pay tax on top of that. Aguero's buyout was 45m and with tax would have taken it to around 60m.

So while Javi is 40m in principle, it'd be more like a 50-55m investment. Crazy money.

M

mitkoa7x

Not sure if he wasn't at fault for Krohn-Dehli's goal tonight.

He was at fault for Van Persie's goal as well, he was out of position when he took the shot. But he was covering the whole defense, from RB to LB. What a beast :worthy:

I want him badly (in Barca)

SeloBarca

Hummels is nr 2 in wishlist for Barca, after Javi. I know who i want the most. Question is, how well would he work with Pique? Pique needs someone that shouts at him and tells him what to do = Puyol.

Home of Barca Fans