Mats Hummels

Maria

We are in talks with JaviMartinez's agent . This is confirmed. But BARCA didn't make a move on Hummels. (If we did , its Top secret at the moment and no-one really knows.)

I'm not convinced about a future Pique-Javi partnership though..they are both slow. And Javi would be more expensive then Hummels if Athletic doesn't want to sell him.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
There was a last report on Javi by Onafm , it said Javi wants to move to Barcelona and he is very happy for the club's interest on him and there is a chance he will persuade Athletic to lower the buy out clause . Maria, I don't think we will pay 40M buy out clause to get Javi . Barca will negotiate for sure and see if it can work out or not.

La LL

Generally Delightful
This one's from 2 days ago:

‏@barcastuff

Centre back alternatives for Thiago Silva: JaviMartinez (Athletic) Sakho (PSG) Hummels (Dortmund) Vermaelen (Arsenal) Vertonghen (Ajax) [md]

And its the third/fourth time i've seen a mention of Hummels as a Barca rumour. I would say he's definitely in the mix. And If we fail to capture our first-choice targets, the hummels to Barca 'll intensify. :pep:

Well, at least it shows that we're looking for a CB this summer. We should've started last summer.

F

Flavia

There was a last report on Javi by Onafm , it said Javi wants to move to Barcelona and he is very happy for the club's interest on him and there is a chance he will persuade Athletic to lower the buy out clause . Maria, I don't think we will pay 40M buy out clause to get Javi . Barca will negotiate for sure and see if it can work out or not.
Javi is not the best choice for cb... I really hope the negotiations fail, and zubi and tito go for a proper cb. Hummels would be perfect, but Subotic is good too.

SeloBarca

As small as the chance is, Hummels would be my dream signing for barcelona this year.
Javi didnt impress today either.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I'm not convinced about a future Pique-Javi partnership though..they are both slow. And Javi would be more expensive then Hummels if Athletic doesn't want to sell him.
We need a direct replacement for Puyol who is similar to him and that is where Thiago Silva would have come in good but it looks like it won't happen :(

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Javi is not the best choice for cb... I really hope the negotiations fail, and zubi and tito go for a proper cb. Hummels would be perfect, but Subotic is good too.
Hummels is very slow... Subotic even slower. I think we're better off staying away from them, especially Subotic. HUmmels is so awesome he could make up for his lack of speed

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Come on. I love Klose but the 2005 / 2006 season remains his only season in which he actually scored more than 16 goals in his career. Never a bad striker but not as good to attract the interests of elite clubs either (which was the actual talking point: "Why do German players not move abroad?"). Bayern never got more than 10 goals a season out of Klose. His last 2 seasons especially were catastrophic: 4 goals in 45 games. Klose played in a time when players like Henry, Ruud, Drogba, Ronaldo and Eto'o were leading the lines. It's understandable he never moved out of Germany.
Only when you reduce strikers to the amount goals they scored. Klose has never been a poacher but link-up player, which makes him so valuable for the NT.

Home of Barca Fans