Mats Hummels

B

barcelonista

then it is safe to say he is ours already :D

If we offered € 25 million and really went for him, he would. For some reason there are not even rumours linking him to us though. Rosell's Brazilian fetish for a 28 year old Brazilian CB and all, you know?

Doobs

The Messiah
:lol: Not good enough?

Klose is the second highest goal scorer in WC history, Schweinsteiger was not too long ago one of the best players in the world, Mertersacker went a long period in his career for the national team without getting a single red card!

Not good enough? Seriously?

DennyCrane

Thiago Silva will not chose us cause we don't have money from the middle east

Who's our main sponsor again ;) ?

BtT. Hummels was great in the past two years; he's most likely the best german defender atm. Still, he needs to proof himself/get experience in the CL and he needs guarenteed playing time there, so he should stay in Dortmund for at least another year.

After that, a move for him would be smart, I guess.

B

barcelonista

:lol: Not good enough?

Klose is the second highest goal scorer in WC history, Schweinsteiger was not too long ago one of the best players in the world, Mertersacker went a long period in his career for the national team without getting a single red card!

Not good enough? Seriously?

Yes, not good enough. Klose scoring some goals every 4 years doesn't change the fact that he was nothing special on club level throughout his career. And Schweinsteiger has only become world class after van Gaal converted him into a central midfielder. In Euro 2008 he wasn't even a definite starter for Germany, fss. I'd even go as far to claim that 2009 / 2010 was Schweinsteiger's only world class season on club level so far. People have short memories it seems but I remember Schweinsteiger's "Schweini" days when he used to be a mediocre winger.

Last edited:

Doobs

The Messiah
I feel that you get that feeling only because the Bundesliga is shit. The strange and yet amazing thing about the German players is that they're usually shit for their clubs but brilliant for the national team.

Haven't you seen Schweinsteiger's performances for Germany? the 06 WC? 10 WC? The annihalation of Argentina, they were immense. These guys play absolutely amazing for their national teams, it just shows how they could've performed under a better coach and while playing in a cohesive well oiled unit.

:lol: even fat Ronaldo came around every 4 years and scored some goals, was he not good enough too? :pep:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
Podolski was great few years back for the NT but not so great when he signed for a bigger club,Ronlado was great at NT as well as club level so he was recognized in the world class category.

Last edited:

Doobs

The Messiah
During his last WC, Ronaldo's club career was essentially over, he was still beast for Brazil. Correct me if im wrong but I think the WC is biggest tournament in the world. So when the germans boss it when even though they're shit for their clubs, I think it does reflect on the fact that they're still WC players..

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Yes, not good enough. Klose scoring some goals every 4 years doesn't change the fact that he was nothing special on club level throughout his career. And Schweinsteiger has only become world class after van Gaal converted him into a central midfielder. In Euro 2008 he wasn't even a definite starter for Germany, fss. I'd even go as far to claim that 2009 / 2010 was Schweinsteiger's only world class season on club level so far. People have short memories it seems but I remember Schweinsteiger's "Schweini" days when he used to be a mediocre winger.

The strange and yet amazing thing about the German players is that they're usually shit for their clubs but brilliant for the national team.
I really dunno how you get to that conclusion. Klose was an absolute beast in the 05/06 campaign for example, scoring 25 goals in 26 matches (missing a good part due to injury). Winning the 2006 golden boot wasnt a coincidence. And he was still strong in his early Bayern days aside of Toni. He just took over the creator role in the attack and let Toni do the majority of scoring.

Schweinsteiger ofc wasnt the same as he is now, but Hitzfeld (who is as much of a coach as del Bosque is) chose to put him on the side, which just never suited him. Since Van Gaal moved him to the center, he is solidly performing there, as long as he is fit and not stopped by injuries like this season. He was absolutely brilliant in the 1st part of this season before he picked up his shoulder injury in the Napoli match.

And there are the counter examples like Hummels, who is brilliant on club level for at least 2 years now, but just started to impress in the NT.

Doobs

The Messiah
I didn't of course mean that the Germans are completely shit but you have to agree that when you put these guys in the national team they're a brilliant bunch of players that play stupendous football at times, definitely better than at club level.

Yup, Hummels is great not only for Dortmund but also for Germany now, that makes him an even more exciting prospect. IMO the best emerging CB in the world.

B

barcelonista

Come on. I love Klose but the 2005 / 2006 season remains his only season in which he actually scored more than 16 goals in his career. Never a bad striker but not as good to attract the interests of elite clubs either (which was the actual talking point: "Why do German players not move abroad?"). Bayern never got more than 10 goals a season out of Klose. His last 2 seasons especially were catastrophic: 4 goals in 45 games. Klose played in a time when players like Henry, Ruud, Drogba, Ronaldo and Eto'o were leading the lines. It's understandable he never moved out of Germany.

Doobs

The Messiah
Still doesn't mean he wasn't a WC player. Teams were always interested in him, in fact we're linked to him right now :lol:

zanela

If we offered € 25 million and really went for him, he would. For some reason there are not even rumours linking him to us though. Rosell's Brazilian fetish for a 28 year old Brazilian CB and all, you know?

This one's from 2 days ago:

‏@barcastuff

Centre back alternatives for Thiago Silva: JaviMartinez (Athletic) Sakho (PSG) Hummels (Dortmund) Vermaelen (Arsenal) Vertonghen (Ajax) [md]

And its the third/fourth time i've seen a mention of Hummels as a Barca rumour. I would say he's definitely in the mix. And If we fail to capture our first-choice targets, the hummels to Barca 'll intensify. :pep:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
We are in talks with JaviMartinez's agent . This is confirmed. But BARCA didn't make a move on Hummels. (If we did , its Top secret at the moment and no-one really knows.)

zanela

We are in talks with JaviMartinez's agent . This is confirmed. But BARCA didn't make a move on Hummels. (If we did , its Top secret at the moment and no-one really knows.)

We are obviously going after our preferred targets first. Just like we did with T.Silva, but that didn't work out. Javi is next on our agenda. Just because we didn't officially approach a certain player doesn't mean we are not considering him in case the Javi negotiations fail.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Not saying anything about considering or not, just said we are yet to make a move on him .Nothing as of now.

Home of Barca Fans