Mats Hummels

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I had dreamt of Sakho but that possibility has likely faded...but with Hummels, the dream is now him

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I had dreamt of Sakho but that possibility has likely faded...but with Hummels, the dream is now him

I don't think we were ever really linked with Sakho. But his contract does run out in 2014, and Puyol and Abidal will both most likely retire in 2013...

Genossa

He is already playing for Barca... in my Fifa 12 Manager mode lol. I just searched for the highest rated CB under 25, and his name came up. But back to real life though, wouldn't it be nice to have a backup CB who isn't Fontas or is already playing backup in another position like Abidal or Mascherano?

zanela

I liked the idea of Hummels few months ago. But with Masch excelling at CB, he can serve as a stopgap till our B team CBs step up.

SeloBarca

Hummels

Y u no use left foot?

Hummels used to use his left foot just like us, but then....

And i havent really felt comfortable with Mascherano as CB. It has always felt like "were playing with a DM as CB" which have been noticable sometimes. We need a "fury" type of player like Puyol :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Is Mascherano really going to remain content at CB, indefinitely?...Sooner or later, he'll have to switch for Los Albicelestes too

Co0ter

Mascherano played pretty well as a CB at the end of last season when he was just thrown into it during injuries.

He's been absolutely amazing this season for us. Why would people be saying we need an immediate CB replacement and calling him not world class? I doubt Hummels or any other CB (minus Thiago Silva) could just walk into our defense and play as well as Masch has. Not only has he been consistently solid but he's repeatedly cleaned up other peoples messes.

If Pep plans to keep him as a CB permanently, and Masch doesn't mind, I'm all for it.

Genossa

It just feels like we need a first rate backup CB. If one CB and one DM were injured at the same time, our squad would be very thin.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
we aren't signing Hummels ffs.

Piqué, Mascherano, Puyol are 3 top-notch CB options.

Abidal can also play there.

and then we have Fontas (who Pep likes) and Bartra (who is awesome) coming through.

and behind them there's Muniesa and Gomez.

just don't see it.

X

xaviniesta

we aren't signing Hummels ffs.

Piqué, Mascherano, Puyol are 3 top-notch CB options.

Abidal can also play there.

and then we have Fontas (who Pep likes) and Bartra (who is awesome) coming through.

and behind them there's Muniesa and Gomez.

just don't see it.

i'm not a fan of that signing thing BUT

puyol is 33 and often injured. and all those b boys are long term substitutes. how many games have fontas played this year? 5 games? not to mention bartra, muniesa and others. that leaves only 1 original CB which is pique. abidal and mache are awesome but that's not enogh , especially when pep wants to play with 3 defenders so often. we just have to pray that they won't have too many injurys this year so that we don't have to put busquets , keita , you name it , to defence.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
i'm not a fan of that signing thing BUT

puyol is 33 and often injured. and all those b boys are long term substitutes. how many games have fontas played this year? 5 games? not to mention bartra, muniesa and others. that leaves only 1 original CB which is pique. abidal and mache are awesome but that's not enogh , especially when pep wants to play with 3 defenders so often. we just have to pray that they won't have too many injurys this year so that we don't have to put busquets , keita , you name it , to defence.

I don't think Bartra is a sub. I think he's a future starter and will prove that next season. he has bags of confidence & ability, and unlike Fontas is the kind of aggressive CB we need when El Capi & Badger aren't playing.

X

xaviniesta

I don't think Bartra is a sub. I think he's a future starter and will prove that next season. he has bags of confidence & ability, and unlike Fontas is the kind of aggressive CB we need when El Capi & Badger aren't playing.

exactly, he is a future starter. in 3,4,5 maybe 6 years. but until then, you expect us to play with abidal, mahcerano, puyol and pique for 3-4 years?

scary to think that atm we have 2 CD's (and fontas) and 0.5 strikers in our team ( i don't consider messi as a striker) besides him we don't have any pure strikers in our team atm. :guardiola: is really an innovator.he put midfielder in defence (masche, busi etc) cesc in attack, alexis as a wingback, thiago has played basicly everywhere in his first season etc. in :guardiola: we trust - he always thinks more than 1 step ahead. that what makes him so special.

Home of Barca Fans