Martin Odegaard

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I just got to laugh at the "not impressed" people, I just don't get the logic at all. Again, there is a reason that the best clubs in the world are very eager to sign him. If he was linked to us more solidly chances are 90% of you would sing a very different tune.

He looks really talented and could become a WC player , but I dont think he fits the barca profile.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Halilović is older but he didn't flirt with half of Europe like this kid.
He could have signed for anyone but picked Barca knowing he had to play for B team first.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
say what you want but someone who knows football sees what talent he has for 15 FCKING years!!!! look at his touch, ballcontrol and passes.

Just because hes in all medias doesnt mean hes overhyped..

I've seen people with better technique on my local pitch. It's difficult to tell at such a young age.

Kohe321

I've seen people with better technique on my local pitch. It's difficult to tell at such a young age.

Man, what? These friends of yours will also soon be landing in Barca to meet Messi and friends then? :lol:

I have seen most of Stromsgodsets games this season (it just ended here in Norway), and he is on a completely different level than anything you see on "your local pitch". His overall vision and calmness on the ball, timing of release on his passes, dribling, positioning and general reading of the game is absolutely astounding for a 15 year old. It's one thing to drible and do tricks in training, something entirely different to play well in games. Tippeligaen might be weak, but it's a professional league with some teams that are pretty decent, and Martin has been completely bossing it there.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really hope Messi & Co. do a good job impressing and convincing him that La Masia, the best football academy in the world, is the best place for him. If he can be patient and wait a year.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

That sequence at 2:03 is insanely good. Again, he's 15 years old!

Funny, how the guy completely ignores the possibility of him going to Bayern (not to mention that they are apparently favorites to signing him).

slicknick

Yes. There are many teenagers with great technique, but not everyone is hyped to the sky like Odegaard is.

curious to see these talented teenagers with great technique who could make mine meat out of. Portugal U21 players who are 4-5 years older and far more experienced...One might say that his performance in the weak Tippeligaen might be deceptive, but Portugal U21,I do assure you,are no slouches.

Moreover,majority of the hype comes more from his discipline,work rate and vision; rather than purely "great technique"

Finally,regarding the hype,many people also disagree with it,and say that the kid's persnal space must be respected(not that VG,Marca and etc listen anyway,they publish what sells newspapers) Even then,amidst all this,the kid and his family have kept a very low profile and did not talk to the press...So no,he doesn't sound like the average Freddy Adu,or Kerlon,or Lulinha,or Jean Carlos Chera

Last edited:

Kohe321

Yes. There are many teenagers with great technique, but not everyone is hyped to the sky like Odegaard is.

But do you honestly think his hype from these clubs is just down to his (excellent) technique? His understanding and general reading of the game, natural way of positioning, vision in passing. All of this is at a very high level at such an age, which is very special and not something you often see anywhere. Again, the reason he's being chased by the world class clubs isn't because he's showing good ballcontroll and trick-dribling in training outside of games.

Funny, how the guy completely ignores the possibility of him going to Bayern (not to mention that they are apparently favorites to signing him).

Hehe yeah. But I think one of the reasons he's waiting until next year with his decision is because he wants to see if Barca gets the transferban lifted. He might not choose us even if we do, but it's probably a factor that he wants resolved first before he takes the final decision. He's going to meet the players today and watch the game from the stands, so it's obvious he hasn't ruled us out either. :)

L

linetty

But do you honestly think his hype from these clubs is just down to his (excellent) technique? His understanding and general reading of the game, natural way of positioning, vision in passing. All of this is at a very high level at such an age, which is very special and not something you often see anywhere. Again, the reason he's being chased by the world class clubs isn't because he's showing good ballcontroll and trick-dribling in training outside of games.
He's a top talent but watching all these videos the Norwegian leauge is one of the worst. He's going with a roulette in the penalty area not losing the ball, it doesn't show how much talented he is but how shitty the other players are.

There's no denying he's one of the best talents in the world, but can he first repeat that in a bigger (football-wise) country? I'm impressed as all of you are, I get all the hype but I'd want him to repeat that at least in Barca B.

Home of Barca Fans