Martin Montoya

Meitux

That game...the first half was a total disaster,we played really bad.Dani Alves injured before the game and Adriano that replaced him got red,besides that we were really lucky not to concede more than 2

Cule4life

The Culest
Well thats not the case.

You are assuming that because Ronaldo scored against Barca he bullied Alves which is not the case.

Lolz all season our right flank has been conceding goals due to Alves inability to track back. He plays as a winger and Pedro as a wing-pivot, the major reason for Pedro's decline.
We can argue about "Bullied" and other jargon all day but the point is that conceding goals loses you matches which Alves has been culpable for

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
It might be the agent talking but there may be some prods by Montoya to him to do this. Maybe Montoya sees a Thiago-esque situation with himself. Really disappointed and angry at the way Tito has handled our youngsters.

Stop being so pessimistic. It's nauseating.

JamDav1982

Lolz all season our right flank has been conceding goals due to Alves inability to track back. He plays as a winger and Pedro as a wing-pivot, the major reason for Pedro's decline.
We can argue about "Bullied" and other jargon all day but the point is that conceding goals loses you matches which Alves has been culpable for

Yet Bayern targeted Alba at left back and Madrid/Ronaldo had their best half of football against Barca in the game Alves missed at the Nou Camp.

There is no way that Ronaldo bullied him in games. I was at the Supercopa game in August and Alves hands down won that battle against Ronaldo.

JamDav1982

Lolz reality is also the team that lost 7-0 to Bayern, got plastered by Madrid and struggled against all top teams

I accept that and those things happen to all big teams and managers - Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger all of them.

A league season is more a fair judge of a team than a few games.

Unless you just think Barcelona should steam roller every team every season and blame the manager if they dont.

Cule4life

The Culest
I accept that and those things happen to all big teams and managers - Fergie, Mourinho, Wenger all of them.

Unless you just think Barcelona should steam roller every team every season and blame the manager if they dont.

Barca struggled to create chances against strong teams. Winning a 2 team league with an self destructing Madrid has disguised our technical deficiencies and (lack of) tactics
Moreover the worst defence in a long time of which Alves and Pique are the worst culprits

ebc_99

Tito is doing the right thing by the young players at the moment. If they are good enough they will play, so if Montoya proves a better option than Alves he will be in the team. Dani Alves may be 31, but he is still one of the best RB's in the world, but I do hope Montoya is played more this season as I think it will help the team in defence and the slight loss of attacking threat will be countered by Neymar's arrival on the left.

When the team gets owned by every top team and loses 7-0, there are clearly problems. And a lot of those problems are because of the manager. The fact that we won a 2 team league in which the other team fucked up doesn't change that.

Tito is doing the right thing by the young players at the moment. If they are good enough they will play, so if Montoya proves a better option than Alves he will be in the team. Dani Alves may be 31, but he is still one of the best RB's in the world, but I do hope Montoya is played more this season as I think it will help the team in defence and the slight loss of attacking threat will be countered by Neymar's arrival on the left.

Doing the right thing with the young players? :lol:
No he is not. How is barely playing Thiago and especially Montoya and overplaying the aging, off-form and/or injury-prone Xavi and Alves "doing the right thing"? Montoya should be the starter by now ffs.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans