Marco Verratti

dakt

WTF?! He is not Messi for God's sake. This is becoming ludicrous! I would give 100 mil for him and that's it. He is not worth more than that, even 100 mil is way to much given his medical records.

Verratti is also injury prone. If we sign him at max it should be 100M. 150M for a midfielder is stupid even in the current market.

How often are these injuries?

Icarium

Lifestealer

Not that often like Rafinha or someone. But they are more than usual. The point is we need someone good when he gets injured by any chance. So we can't sell all our squad player for verratti hoping he will solve all our problems. My choice would be to sell Arda and Rafinha. But both Rakitic and Gomes plus 70M is not happening for sure.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
If we offer them rakitic it might work. Nasser is under a lot of pressure from those qataris so we need to give up a good player to make it possible

serghei

I spent a while trying to figure out what kind of mental gymnastics you're trying to pull here and I've finally figured it out. You're Donald Trumping me.

Saying we have better midfielders than Verratti and then only listing Busquets and saying he's also a good midfielder despite being a CM is like saying we have better defenders than Semedo and saying those defenders are Pique and Umtiti because they're also good with passing and joining the attack. It's completely nonsensical. Busquets being a good or better midfielder than Verratti doesn't mean Verratti isn't needed or that he's overrated.

Verratti is needed, but he is not the difference between losing and winning. He isn't overrated either, he is a top 5 midfielder in the world. After the likes of Modric, Busi, and Kroos.

My only problem is with this stupid idea that not signing Verratti somehow means we're doomed to fail or whatever. Hardly the case.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I know it sounds cold, but I rather have a starting midfield of Verratti - Rakitic than Iniesta - Verratti, so in my opinion letting Rakitic go would put us again in square one, an unbalanced midfield...

God Serena

Verratti is needed, but he is not the difference between losing and winning. He isn't overrated either, he is a top 5 midfielder in the world. After the likes of Modric, Busi, and Kroos.

My only problem is with this stupid idea that not signing Verratti somehow means we're doomed to fail or whatever. Hardly the case.

We're in a pretty terrible place if we don't sign a top class midfielder, there's no getting around that. Busi isn't anywhere close to enough by himself and among our options at CM not a single one is a great passer or dribbler bar Iniesta, who has declined to the point where moments where even he can do those things are rare.

God Serena

I know it sounds cold, but I rather have a starting midfield of Verratti - Rakitic than Iniesta - Verratti, so in my opinion letting Rakitic go would put us again in square one, an unbalanced midfield...

It'd probably be Verratti-Roberto, than Verratti-Iniesta. The jury is still out on how well Roberto would do with an extended run in midfield either way though.

khaled_a_d

He is almost surely to miss 10 league games every season, though I think some of those games are rest etc

Not that often like Rafinha or someone.

Rafinha was an iron man before that stupid tackle that made him miss most 15/16 season, any player would probably have picked that injury. He picked various unlucky injury last year.
I won't call him injury prone right now, too small of sample size and different injuries he picked too. Verratti has consistently missed a lot of games tbf

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
There got to be one player who can add quality right away.

Surely there is ONE player in the World that is somewhat attainable if we try hard enough?

What absolutely sucks is that not only did Thiago leave, wd didn't use the money we received to sign Isco who moved in the same window.

Then obviously missed out on Kroos too.

But surely there must be one not named Paulinho? Paulinho doesn't even make fucking sense when Rakitic and Gomes is there to play a similar position and do a similar job

xXKonan

img_dmalia_20170717-001930_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_mddia_cas_ara_170717_001_1.jpg

MD says Rakitic and Gomes could enter the operation to try and get Verratti.

Home of Barca Fans