Luis Suárez

jamrock

One forward who is better that Suarez.

Ma

Nope I'm not going to do this, we've had some ridiculous conversations over the years on this forum, but this would take the cake. Not going to do it.

Yashar1899

Gert Muller, for one. George Best as another example. We can also think of Puskas, Di Stefano, Eusebio or Thierry Henry. Want me to go on?

The point is football didn't start 15 year ago, and comparing or naming one striker over the other the best of all time, and claim it as a FACT is childish.

George Best
was a winger not central forward! Suarez is an all time great like Muller - Eusebio or Van basten.

RevoTeller

Yeah, that's a good list of players.

I still think that Suarez is better than all of them. And by better, I simply mean better as a player on a holistic level. I do not wish to compare individual aspects like passing, dribbling and shooting.

I would rather have Suarez in my team instead of all those other players. It's as simple as that.

So, now Suarez is not only the best striker ever (LOL), he has become also even better than fucking JOHAN CRUIJFF here.

:lol::lol::lol:

RevoTeller

Suarez is the best striker on the planet now, and that's absolutely true. But the rest of things I am reading makes me laugh so hard. :lol:
He is comparable to what Eto'o was in the 2000's, i.e. an absolute beast and the best forward in the World, but please leave alone names such as Van Basten, or, for the love of God, such as Cruijff and Pelé: we should mantain the dignity of this place at the eyes of the rest of the internet.

Yashar1899

Suarez is the best striker on the planet now, and that's absolutely true. But the rest of things I am reading makes me laugh so hard. :lol:
He is comparable to what Eto'o was in the 2000's, i.e. an absolute beast and the best forward in the World, but please leave alone names such as Van Basten, or, for the love of God, such as Cruijff and Pelé: we should mantain the dignity of this place at the eyes of the rest of the internet.

Suarez is an all time great and Etoo was world class like Drogba or Van nistelrooy and Shevchenko, IMO.

Last edited:
Is that a FACT? And when you say better, you mean productive/contribute more to the team( aka the subject of the discussion)? Because i remember Arsenal Henry, where he was practically carrying the whole team.

Or he is better in dribbling, possession, scoring ability speed?

Care to elaborate?

It's a FACHT.

He's simply a better striker imo. Football wise, he's slower, but stronger, scores just as much or more. More hustle. A pure 9, unlike Henry.

Career wise, Suarez wrecked the EPL like Henry did. He's already got a better NT career, and he's still playing at the highest level for barcelona.

MIXA

So, now Suarez is not only the best striker ever (LOL), he has become also even better than fucking JOHAN CRUIJFF here.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was referring to Suarez as being the better striker. I know that I used the word player in my previous comment, but I was obviously referring to striker. What I meant to say is that Suarez is better as a striker on a holistic level. Suarez can only play as a striker so it is not possible to compare him in any other way.

Suarez is a better striker than Cruyff in the same way that Ter Stegen is a better goalkeeper than Cruyff. I don't see anything wrong with this.

If there was only one position available on the team, and that position was striker, it is logical to choose Suarez over Cruyff.

The reverse is also true. It is only logical to choose Cruyff over Suarez in midfield.

Last edited:

jamrock

Nope u never choose suarez over cryuff, that's like saying suarez is a better "striker" on a "holistic" level that Messi, so if you only have 1 striking spot available, you choose suarez.

MIXA

Nope u never choose suarez over cryuff, that's like saying suarez is a better "striker" on a "holistic" level that Messi, so if you only have 1 striking spot available, you choose suarez.

Messi is the exception to the rule because he is the GOAT.

I still stand by my previous comment.
If I had to choose only 1 striker, I choose Suarez over Cruyff.
If I had to choose only 1 RB, I choose Alves over Cruyff.
If I had to choose only 1 DM, I choose Busquets over Cruyff.
So on and so forth.

My opinion still stands, Suarez is a better striker than Cruyff and Cruyff is a better midfielder than Suarez.

I am not trying malign Cruyff in any way. I have the utmost respect for him. He was after all a great great player and true legend of football.

JerseyAddict

Man has its oppinion. He is entitled to it.

For me ie. Klinsmann is best ever striker for Germany. And I won't change my mind ever.

So give a man a break.

behindbrowneyes

Pointless discussion. Suárez is the best striker for this Barcelona-team. You can't have one that would fit better than him. The combination out of Neymar, Messi and Suárez is just perfect. I mean look at the 2nd goal vs Sevilla, this is just pure class paired with altruism. You can't buy that.

Tiny Kim

Gert Muller, for one. George Best as another example. We can also think of Puskas, Di Stefano, Eusebio or Thierry Henry. Want me to go on?

The point is football didn't start 15 year ago, and comparing or naming one striker over the other the best of all time, and claim it as a FACT is childish.

Best was a winger. Puskas is debatable. Eusebio shouldn't even come into the conversation. So you're able to come up with 3 people from the supposedly many list of great strikers that the guy I replied to claimed were much better than Suarez. Congrats.

MaroonFox4

Fact is Suarez has accomplished incredible feats that past legends could only dream of. What he did during the 2014 World Cup vs. England is legitimately "GOAT" level. I've never seen anywhere near the same level of resilience in another player. He went through a very serious surgery and came back roughly 60 days before he was supposed to start jogging again...and scored the 2 key goals (after playing a 10/10 game) to eliminate England in the what's probably the biggest grudge match in modern football history. THAT is truly stuff of legends.

Home of Barca Fans