Luis Enrique

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Another problem is that neither of the 3 forwards did any kind of defensive work, maybe just Suarez a little, but he wasn't very fit. Iniesta is poor defensively, Xavi also isn't some defensive god either. So, with fullbacks very high on the pitch, we're left with a 3 man defence, which actualy consisted in 2 DMs and 1 CB. With Busi poor as hel, Madrid had moments when they attacked 4 or 5 (Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, James and Kroos) vs just Pique and Mascherano.

That too in which only Masch was playing for us

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thas the problem with diamond for it to work the side midfielders need energy and the whole team needs to press.

Behrox

Thas the problem with diamond for it to work the side midfielders need energy and the whole team needs to press.

Rakitic has energy to burn and I am sure Masch has too. The other 2 being Messi and one of Xavi/Iniesta/Rafinha can be asked to put in a shift and Suarez tracks back too so I don;t think workrate is too much of a problem with Rakitic and Masch in the middle

serghei

Rakitic has energy to burn and I am sure Masch has too. The other 2 being Messi and one of Xavi/Iniesta/Rafinha can be asked to put in a shift and Suarez tracks back too so I don;t think workrate is too much of a problem with Rakitic and Masch in the middle

That's just two players. Real pressed with the whole team. Ronaldo didn't have big moments in the game, neither did Messi, but Ronaldo had superior workrate, by far, he was much more visible in the game, he pressed, tracked back, and that also made the difference, because Madrid was a tight unit, unlike us, who, at some point, were scattered on 70m. And I can't even totaly blame Lucho for this, because I noticed him doing signs on the side for us to become more compact.

Last edited:

Behrox

That's just two players. Real pressed with the whole team.

As I said before beggar can't be choosers. We have bigger problems and have to compensate. Rakitic-Masch might make us have 55% possession but they will bring stability to our midfield and defense and with 1 part of the holy trinity (anyone of Xavi,Iniesta,Busi) present on the pitch at the time to help the team going forward.

MagIX

This match has shown there are teams as good as us, or even better.
The coach said it was now clear that "there are teams as good as us, or even better."

What ? only by yesterday he knows that there are team as goof as us or better teams than us ? It has never been clear ? it is a joke ? in recent years we were the best team, we did not have problems, we lost simply because unlucky ?
e.g.we lost vs Bayern 2 yeares ago, it was just bad luck or only because Messi was injured ?
:smiley_scared::wacko::eusa_think:

Last edited:

Maria

To me Tata is a better coach than Lucho. Some might disagree with this because his Barca won nothing last season and had a bit of change of gameplay than pass-the-ball-for-the-sake-of-it-nonsense-with-no-defence. Compare his squad to Lucho's squad. His Barca also faced several on and off the pitch problems during the last season and yet his Barca didn't look this clueless in big matches. His shortcomings is not worse than Lucho tbh.

Are you serious? The man couldn't beat Atletico if his life depended on it..not even then they were without Arda and Diego Costa. When I see Lucho struggling so bad against Real Madrid after having played them 6 times then I will admit that Lucho is atleast a bad of a coach as Tata.
Oh..and we won a trophy last season. Thanks to VV though, not Tata.

Pep lost 2 times against Real last season.

Pep lost his first game as Barca manager.

Pep lost vs Chelsea

Pep lost vs Inter

Reading these "achievements", I am still amazed how Pep managed to get a job after he left Barca.

And you prefer him over Lucho who has to build a new Barca and lost vs two great teams? This double morale is so annoying. Give Lucho some time, a key player has only played 1 game after a 4-month ban.

It seems that Inter, Chelsea and last year's RM weren't as great as PSG is this year..and that Pep didn't had any building to do when he arrived. After all he only got a team that in the precedent season finished at 18 points of Real Madrid.

And Luis got a preseason and a much better squad

I am yet to be convinced that having Douglass and Vermaelen, Bravo and TS instead of VV and Rakitic and Suarez instead of Cesc and Alexis makes for a better squad, especially when this was Suarez' first game. Though I was forgetting Mathieu..

Got schooled.

Better early than late. Pick it up.

To be fair however this madrid is deadly. Definitely not flawless tho

That's my thinking also. But that is true only if Lucho learns something from this game.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

What ? only by yesterday he knows that there are team as goof as us or better teams than us ? It has never been clear ? it is a joke ? in recent years we were the best team, we did not have problems, we lost simply because unlucky ?
e.g.we lost vs Bayern 2 yeares ago, it was just bad luck or only because Messi was injured ?
:smiley_scared::wacko::eusa_think:

HOLY crap -the truth.

Why are Barca coaches always in denial?

This whole "best team in the world" thing has become a joke. Its become like a cult, a religion. Every Barca coach is sworn to believe and say he has the "best team in the world".

WAKE UP. Its 2014 NOT 2011.

Ursegor

World Champion
I am yet to be convinced that having Douglass and Vermaelen, Bravo and TS instead of VV and Rakitic and Suarez instead of Cesc and Alexis makes for a better squad, especially when this was Suarez' first game. Though I was forgetting Mathieu..

Then Enrique is an idiot. He chose this squad, he could have put a stop to all the players that have left and he could have chosen different players than those that have arrived. Mathieu himself says Barca only tried so hard to get him because Enrique insisted.

So what is it? He has a better squad or he is an idiot? Choose.

Barcilliant

Man, I'm so freaking depressed.

We have a shit board, a questionable manager and a motely crew of players.

We really are back to the bad old days.

Part of the problem is the success of guys like Rijkaard and Pep. Now the board feels it can take any unknown on board and he will be successful.

L

linetty

-----------------Bravo------------------
--Alves----Bartra----Mathieu---Alba--
-----------------Masch------------------
-------Rakitic-----------Rafinha--------
-----Messi-----------------Neymar-----
----------------Suarez------------------

Lomar1o

-----------------Bravo------------------
--Alves----Bartra----Mathieu---Alba--
-----------------Masch------------------
-------Rakitic-----------Rafinha--------
-----Messi-----------------Neymar-----
----------------Suarez------------------

don't write off busquets. i want to see busi playing instead of xavi, NOT in xavi's role, but instead of him. and we should get coutinho. he's a monster

Maria

It was about the same, IMO. We just were better and more organised.

But it wasn't the same. In that game RM started with Ramos and Khedira in midfield and Benzema on the bench and they were still learning what Ancelotti wants from them. That had more to do with Barca's performance than Tata's tactics. Now they know what they want and that's why they are making less individual mistakes than us.

That RM won the CL last season. The space that was given to this RM tonight was unbelievable. It was so huge that they didn't even bother going for crosses. RM was the better team tonight, but Barca's chaos made them look better as well.

The RM that won the CL had Di Maria in midfield, not Ramos..and had Benzema on the pitch.

Tata in the first half of his season was way more tactically astute than Lucho.

Signs are not looking good for Lucho. 2 big games and both times schooled big time. (Even by Blanc....). Couple that with idiotic decisions like MaTS in CL, Pique starting today, Mathieu as LB etc. I hope he proves me wrong but i dont think he's good enough for Barca.

Tata in the first half of season had the best VV between the goalposts. Just because Tito is dissapointing, let's not forget that Tata was the one who said that it's better for Messi to have little contact with the ball.

don't write off busquets. i want to see busi playing instead of xavi, NOT in xavi's role, but instead of him. and we should get coutinho. he's a monster

At this point Busquets should be getting the surgery he needs and he should have got a year ago..but playing the Confederations Cup was more important to him so it wouldn't be a bad idea to see him on the bench for a while..and I say this as his biggest fan.

Last edited:
L

linetty

At this point Busquets should be getting the surgery he needs and he should have got a year ago..but playing the Confederations Cup was more important to him so it wouldn't be a bad idea to see him on the bench for a while..and I say this as his biggest fan.
Agreed 100%

Maria

After defending Lucho so much, I was thinking that if Tata and him have something in common is that they both had/have problem in reading a game. And this is something that I don't know if it can be improved.

HOLY crap -the truth.
Why are Barca coaches always in denial?

This whole "best team in the world" thing has become a joke. Its become like a cult, a religion. Every Barca coach is sworn to believe and say he has the "best team in the world".

WAKE UP. Its 2014 NOT 2011.

I don't remember Lcuho saying this..I think it was Bartomeu who said it.

Then Enrique is an idiot. He chose this squad, he could have put a stop to all the players that have left and he could have chosen different players than those that have arrived. Mathieu himself says Barca only tried so hard to get him because Enrique insisted.

So what is it? He has a better squad or he is an idiot? Choose.

Well if the squad would be so much better then he would be an idiot because he doesn't know how to use it. :lol:
But seriously now..I was more dissapointed when we didn't got Kroos and didn't tried harder to get Benatia then I was with last night's result.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans