Luis Enrique

Barcilliant

Bravo
Alves Bartra Mathieu Alba
Rakitic masch Xavi
Suarez Messi Neymar

for next match. Iniesta for xavi after some matches busi for masch and masch for bartra if bartra does not show physicality required for a defender. Pique Pedro never to be seen again.

Good line up.

Will be interesting to see if we sign or get any players on loan during the trf window.

Think we should get a few players on loan-midfielders and defenders.

F

Flavia

What were his comments to the press?

1)4-2-3-1

2)Get that fucking defence and midfield sorted out

3)Stop rotating so much. Find your best 11 and play them (except for CDR)

4) MASCH is nOT a cb.

5)Loan Pique and Pedro out.

Luis Enrique admitted that Real Madrid were superior this evening in their 3-1 victory at the Bernabeu. “I was looking for a different type of game, not so open, and with better defence on our behalf."
The Barça manager knows there are mistakes that need correcting after Madrid turned around Neymar's initial goal. “We started out well but then they had clearer chances. We could have made it 2-0, but overall it was a tough first half."
He said they had a difficult time creating danger in the second half. "Our rival played quite well and deserved to win," he added.
This match has shown there are teams as good as us, or even better.
The coach said it was now clear that "there are teams as good as us, or even better." He said this loss was different than the one versus Paris Saint-Germain. "In that match, we deserved more, but in this one it were Madrid who deserved more."

He added that the coming days would see some deep analysis. “We'll keep going and at the end of the season we'll see where we stand"

He finalised by commenting on Luis Suarez's performance by saying "he looked good, better than I thought he would."

F

Flavia

Good line up.

Will be interesting to see if we sign or get any players on loan during the trf window.

Think we should get a few players on loan-midfielders and defenders.

Transfer window? We have to wait to hear about the ban. If the CAS maintain it, there is no transfer window until jan 2016.

Stric

Malaga, PSG and now this humiliation against Real Madrid. That's three big matches with three glaring mistakes from him.

He keeps talking about learning lessons. Believe it or not Lucho, but Barcelonas first team isn't some academy where coaches come to get their education and learn through trial and error. It's a place where you come with your PHD as a top-coach and do your job well from the get-go, or you leave.

The spark of optimism and shine surrounding Luchos arrival is dwindling fast. Beating Rayo, Granada, Levante etc. but consistently failing against harder competition over and over is worrying, to say the least.

Well put.

Besides, even if he had the luxury of learning his lessons here, he still has to actually learn those lessons. He keeps talking about this, but I haven't seen him learn from a mistake yet.

F

Flavia

Well put.

Besides, even if he had the luxury of learning his lessons here, he still has to actually learn those lessons. He keeps talking about this, but I haven't seen him learn from a mistake yet.

Suarez is finally back now, so we'll know if his system will work or not. One thing I think Lucho has to do is to slow down the rotations. He's over doing it, and in crucial positions, as cb and cm. Needs to find his ideal 11 and play them, so they can gel.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Suarez is finally back now, so we'll know if his system will work or not. One thing I think Lucho has to do is to slow down the rotations. He's over doing it, and in crucial positions, as cb and cm. Needs to find his ideal 11 and play them, so they can gel.

But that boils down to Suarez' abilities and not Lucho's... I mean, our front line will be able to solve games on their own (if they feel like it), but that says nothing about Lucho's coaching and tactical savviness...

It's a case of the players making the manager look good instead of the other way around...

F

Flavia

But that boils down to Suarez' abilities and not Lucho's... I mean, our front line will be able to solve games on their own (if they feel like it), but that says nothing about Lucho's coaching and tactical savviness...

It's a case of the players making the manager look good instead of the other way around...
But lucho changed things, and did that, I think, so that front trio can shine. The way he set up the midfield and fb's was in order to make the forwards more central, and link up among themselves. If that will be enough, we'll see.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That was a great read, thanks! :)

Great read indeed. I am even more depressed after reading it though, sounds like our midfield problem won't be fixed any time soon. Not entirely Lucho's fault, but his emphasis on the front three while bypassing the midfield is his glaring mistake. We are a heavy -headed giant (or midget), without a functioning midfield we won't go far at all.

What can we do? Ship Xavi out and bench Iniesta? Bring Denis Suarez back? Pray that Rafinha will fit in?

And Lucho, great guy, he really brought some positive changes. However, expectations of him should be realistic, judging from his work at Roma and Celta. He doesn't have a magic wand. He is not considered one of the elite, best managers in the world. What do we do if we are trophy-less this season? Who can replace him?

F

Flavia

Something weird I just noticed. The players positions today were very different from what Lucho had used this far:

rwp1tw.jpg

I didn't notice it during the game. Now I'm wondering why he did it.

Stric

Weird to see Alves being further back than the other fullback.

The rest seem pretty usual to me, except Xavi, but Xavi always plays dead centre, especially in comparison to Rakitić. I guess that drags Iniesta further inside, too.

Someone also made a good prediction about Suarez occupying the same space as Pedro did in the recent games.

Stric

You're right, most notably the midfielders were playing much wider. The front three is pretty much the same as the Eibar game.

We do have to take these position charts with a grain of salt, though. Especially with forwards. If I get it right, these are average position charts. So if a player constantly moves between two positions, the average position chart will put him midway between those two spots.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Bravo/MAtS
Montoya-Bartra/TM-Mathieu-Alba
Masch
Xavi/Iniesta-Rakitic
Messi
Suarez-Neymar​

this should be our lineup for big games. Busi's hernia isn't gonna magically fix itself and its limiting him as a player massively not to mention his trying to be cute shit screwing us over. Rakitic is a must in the lineup with either Xavi or Iniesta (whoever is on form) because Rakitic brings us pressing and a physical presence is midfield with the other there to control the tempo. Messi's role needs to be defined either make him a AM or a false 9 because right now its a bad combination of both. Alves's ass needs to be benched alongside Pique and regardless of what Montoya's supposed attitude on the training ground he can still defend unlike Alves and hence he should start and get some effin games. Bartra also should get a consistent run of game instead of both Pique and Masch at CB. I said it before that Lucho's lineups are bizarre and this time they came to bite us hard in the ass

serghei

Another problem is that neither of the 3 forwards did any kind of defensive work, maybe just Suarez a little, but he wasn't very fit. Iniesta is poor defensively, Xavi also isn't some defensive god either. So, with fullbacks very high on the pitch, we're left with a 3 man defence, which actualy consisted in 2 DMs and 1 CB. With Busi poor as hel, Madrid had moments when they attacked 4 or 5 (Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, James and Kroos) vs just Pique and Mascherano.

A huge problem for us in this game was the total lack of pressing and any kind of intensity in getting the ball back in Madrid's half. That's why we were the best during Pep. We had Puyol, true, but even then, when teams got at our back 4, we crumbled. We aren't a team that can defend like Chelsea. Lucho doesn't seem to understant this. If he had understood this fact, he would've tried to use the midfielders to cover the fullbacks. Once the ball is lost on possesion you either try to get it back fast, or you buy some God damn world class defenders.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans