Luis Enrique

soul24rage

PSG's midfield isn't poor. Zaire Emery and Vitinha are both quality.

We're talking about a coach who played Rodri as a centerback in his last job, so he'd find a way to make their midfield look weak regardless of how good PSG's squad building is.
WZE has potential, but not there yet in the present.
For Vitinha, this guy doesn't belong in the conversation of the top 20 CMs in the world and not even a starter in the Portugal national team.

With the lack of great CBs and with Busi still in the team at the pivot, most reasonable coaches would play Rodri as a CB. Plus, Pep also played Rodri at CB in 19/20 season so it's not like he was unfamiliar with the role.

khaled_a_d

PSG midfield got worse with WZE, kid is going to be a beast if he develops properly but he isn't thete yet.
They dominated the ball last game by clising gaps between the lines, their main issue was their defence especially in the middle. Beraldo is a walking disaster and niether Hernandez or Marquinhos the guys to lead an elite defense. Skriniar isn't having his best season afaik.

If we switched Marquinhos and Araujo, PSG would have won last game.

Porque

PSG midfield got worse with WZE, kid is going to be a beast if he develops properly but he isn't thete yet.
They dominated the ball last game by clising gaps between the lines, their main issue was their defence especially in the middle. Beraldo is a walking disaster and niether Hernandez or Marquinhos the guys to lead an elite defense. Skriniar isn't having his best season afaik.

If we switched Marquinhos and Araujo, PSG would have won last game.

Yep. Sign him on a free next summer. Kid needs to learn how to play midfield from a proper team.

khaled_a_d

Lucho knew our weaknesses and his own team, and tried to expose ours while covering the ones he has.
Luck was on his side, but he did a very good job too.

jamrock

It was a good tactical game between the two managers, they did what managers should do, try to cover their teams own weakness and take advantage of the other teams.

But he got luck, 10% chance he wins, especially after we get the first goal.

Birdy

Luis Enrique ladies and gentlemen!
A WINNER!

Deserves more respect than what people here show
Certainly not Pep-level, but insulting to even put him in the same sentence with Xavi

Temptation

Luis Enrique ladies and gentlemen!
A WINNER!

Deserves more respect than what people here show
Certainly not Pep-level, but insulting to even put him in the same sentence with Xavi
Disagree. He got lucky with MSN. He's a good manager not elite. Far better than Xavi ofcourse.

For instance, I rate Tuchel and Emery higher.

Lucho is good but not world class.

His CV outside MSN isn't that great.

Will be world class if he wins another CL though.

Birdy

Disagree. He got lucky with MSN. He's a good manager not elite. Far better than Xavi ofcourse.

For instance, I rate Tuchel and Emery higher.

Lucho is good but not world class.

His CV outside MSN isn't that great.

Will be world class if he wins another CL though.

I might rate Tuchel and Emery higher on the tactical side as well

But he is not a tactical newbie, as people here believe. Far from it
He knows and comprehends the basics to say the least

When I find some time I will do a thread on how he dismantled Xavi's elementary plan

Home of Barca Fans