Luis Enrique

JamDav1982

I have never known anyone to try and twist stats the way BBZ does.

Ignores any cup games to suit and anti Neymar argument and now just chooses to ignore league games that doesnt suit his 'not scoring from open play' argument.

BBZ8800

You are trying to take this debate down a different route when all people are speaking about is the way Lucho managed the game yesterday in particular the last hour when Sevilla were posing a lot of problems.

And that people are seeing only Lucho's "mistakes" yesterday.

My point is that:
1. Lucho maybe did mistakes, even though I perfectly understand what he tried to do (protect the 2:1 lead with Xavi in 442 and with Tiki-Taka and more control).
2. we made some individual mistakes Brvao and Pique), for which Lucho isn't guilty
3. plus, even without points no1 and no2, our players are not scoring on the level from January, February, March etc

I have never known anyone to try and twist stats the way BBZ does.

Ignores any cup games to suit and anti Neymar argument and now just chooses to ignore league games that doesnt suit his 'not scoring from open play' argument.

For me, Cup is a Mickey-Mouse trophy, my apologies to people who maybe "love" the cup trophy.
Cup is considered as important usually only in England.

In rest of the Europe, in most countries, teams don't care about the cup at all.
(Again, apologies if I am wrong. This is my impression)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

My point is that:
1. Lucho maybe did mistakes, even though I perfectly understand what he tried to do (protect the 2:1 lead with Xavi in 442 and with Tiki-Taka and more control).
2. we made some individual mistakes, for which Lucho isn't guilty
3. plus, even without points no1 and no2, our players are not scoring on the level from January, February, March etc

Controlling a game through tiki taka and Xavi has been picked off by teams on the break for the past 2/3 years. It was totally the wrong thing to do and if anything Sevilla looked better after it and Barca looked worse.

Individual mistakes aside the control of the midfield was never addressed by Lucho yesterday and Banega and the Sevilla players had so much space and won that battle easily for the last 60 odd mins.

For me Barca needed more defensive ability in MF to counter that and tht means Masch coming on.

Taking off Neymar was insane as he was easily Barca's best player and it gave Sevilla a lift to see him go off.

Kohe321

Agree with JamDav.

Subbing on Pedro for Suarez would be a good move as well. His pace, workrate and willingness to track back would really had helped out in the second half, and Suarez was looking completely exhausted at the end. Yet he stayed on for 90 minutes, and Neymar was taken off.

That decision was just :VdB:

klc123

Controlling a game through tiki taka and Xavi has been picked off by teams on the break for the past 2/3 years. It was totally the wrong thing to do and if anything Sevilla looked better after it and Barca looked worse.

Individual mistakes aside the control of the midfield was never addressed by Lucho yesterday and Banega and the Sevilla players had so much space and won that battle easily for the last 60 odd mins.

For me Barca needed more defensive ability in MF to counter that and tht means Masch coming on.

Taking off Neymar was insane as he was easily Barca's best player and it gave Sevilla a lift to see him go off.

I don't have a problem with bringing on Xavi to give the midfield more control of the game, but taking off your best attacking winger to do so it stupid. It meant we had no width or threat going forwards. Especially when Iniesta and Rakitic are on the pitch looking more useless than normal.

Still though, the decisions/mistakes lucho made yesterday had no true impact on the result. Regardless of what players were on the pitch, to throw away a 2-0 lead in that manner through indivdual mistakes is criminal, and no one but the players should be blamed.

Kerrybai

My point is that:
2. we made some individual mistakes Brvao and Pique), for which Lucho isn't guilty

For me, Cup is a Mickey-Mouse trophy, my apologies to people who maybe "love" the cup trophy.
Cup is considered as important usually only in England.

In rest of the Europe, in most countries, teams don't care about the cup at all.
(Again, apologies if I am wrong. This is my impression)

You are wrong, the Copa is historically a very important trophy for Barca, albeit far less important than the league.

Alik

I'd rather with the cup than not win anything at all. I'd rather win the domestic double than just the league and so on.

It's not like in England and certain other countries where there are 2 domestic cups.

Also, another way to look at it, is that I'd hate to see Madrid win it.

I don't think it's a Mickey Mouse trophy.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not. But it's not nearly as important as 2 big trophies. More like cherry on top if you win a league or consolation prize if you miss out on others.

kozza

Bojan claims Luis Enrique rejected the chance to sign Marco Verratti for Roma, as he didn’t think he was good enough.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Bojan claims Luis Enrique rejected the chance to sign Marco Verratti for Roma, as he didn’t think he was good enough.

I just saw that earlier on MD too, trying to create polemic, it's actually the father bojan who said so..

mssarm

It seems like Bojans are very bitter about Lucho. Anyone knows why?Seems like they are coming out with new revelation every time team not performing good.

khaled_a_d

Bojan Sr has said a lot of things b4 and one can actually wonder if anything is true ,he has said b4 that the club rejected Courtois & Varane when he recommended them ,now he suddenly knows what Lucho did in Roma?

Home of Barca Fans