Lliga | Round 17: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 0-0

serghei

Horror football from Barca, only luck and the VAR failure made Barca get a point. Had they scored from the PK imo the game was over for Barca, even without it they barely managed to remain undefeated.

P.S. Now come on Barto, bring the contract extension for Valverde, what are you waiting for?

Not so much luck but the fact that Madrid's attack is pretty crap.

terryzinc

this team the last few years has been kept afloat by Messi when he is on we win when he is off we tie or lose ... it is a one man team ... the Old Barca would have destroyed this RM abomination today ... Messi has an off day and we were lucky to get off with a tie ...

Horatio

You're welcome
Underwhelming overall, but did think we had phases where we moved the ball around in good tempo. Some nice combinations.

Frenkie big improvement to midfield.

Last edited:

terryzinc

with Busquets in turn we probably lose the game he is the give away king

Poor FDJ I wonder how much he hates this system he is the only one (other than Fati) who a couple times a game tries attacking in a forward and a direct manner too bad the coach and teams mates don't support him

Otherwise as soon as the other team is pressured we just keep recycling the ball over and over and over WE CANNOT CREATE FROM OPEN SPACE at all

Terrible coaching Terrible system

JohnN

FDJ got frustrated a couple of times while expecting a one two, which would releave all preassure and was an easy pass, and never got it. Always back passes from Lenglet and Rakitic. They play too safe for Barcelona.

Asylum15

I remember we played Real in the last couple of years and after the match Pique commented something like, ''I never felt so inferior to Madrid before.''

That's exactly how I felt after last night's game.

This team is in serious decline and choosing a man who hasn't an ounce of passion, character, invention, humility or class to lead them is terminal.

It's going to be another horrible year, another Messi year wasted.

Just makes you think, Messi won a Balon d'Or with THIS team, what an incredible achievement.

devo901

can anyone explain the logic of the 2 subs?

semedo out (was he bad/slow/tired?) Arthur in ... :bruise:
griezz out and fati in :thumbdown:

Gari

Ernesto Valverde from Spain Is the best football coach In the world (16 Dec 2019)
80199405_2486627358258244_5970107388726870016_o.jpg
Valverde: 'I think we have had more chances to score'

Last edited:

PhilS

I wish we had players like Benzema, Casemiro, and Valverde. On the other hand, Barca starts no player as useless as Bale.

RM is not quite good enough at finishing. Otherwise, they have a very good team these days, the best defense we have faced this season.

JerseyAddict

I remember we played Real in the last couple of years and after the match Pique commented something like, ''I never felt so inferior to Madrid before.''

That's exactly how I felt after last night's game.

This team is in serious decline and choosing a man who hasn't an ounce of passion, character, invention, humility or class to lead them is terminal.

It's going to be another horrible year, another Messi year wasted.

Just makes you think, Messi won a Balon d'Or with THIS team, what an incredible achievement.

Good post.

JerseyAddict

I wish we had players like Benzema, Casemiro, and Valverde. On the other hand, Barca starts no player as useless as Bale.

RM is not quite good enough at finishing. Otherwise, they have a very good team these days, the best defense we have faced this season.

We need only Valverde. Casemiro maybe.

Horatio

You're welcome

Good defence, but we had a few open chances.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans