Lliga | Round 17: FC Barcelona - Real Madrid 0-0

Andresito

Staff member
I predict not much will work and Semedo to come off in the 55th with Roberto moving to RB and Vidal or Busi coming on.

[tw]1207393676822863872[/tw]

comment_59fDH1M5CAi4WvXsfxeSIXvoluh11kME.jpg

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is all down to the mentality. No difference between the two teams. Zidane is able to inspire his players while who the fuck knows what that cuck Valverde does.

Messi played well in the first half. The second half was one to forget. From the get-go, you can see he's uninspired...second-guessing his choices. This mentality was spread throughout the players who weren't motivated to take it to Madrid.
That team talk by Valverde at half time must've done wonders.

This is one thing that keeps me perplexed about Messi: It seems there is no rhyme or reason when he gets really motivated vs. he doesn't get motivated at all while playing for us (him playing for Argentina is somewhat different as he seemed to be more focused and more motivated in general), you would think big games like this he would be more motivated but he doesn't appear to be, for whatever reason.

The Observer

Memory like goldfish. City got battered by Ole and United only a few weeks ago. They'll get battered by Madrid, too.

Only Liverpool are on a run.

devo901

Barca was lucky to get a draw. Lenglet caused a penalty against Varane but not given. Thanks to the VAR the 10cm offside position was seen.

If anyone can explain why Fati came on for Griezz - pls. tell ! Fati is too fragile for such a game - first touch and get checked into the ribs and he limped.
Suarez a lacklustering performance. Defensively was a very solid game!

Who was it that called out 2-3 goals at halftime, and a clear win, because we have the better forwards? :chuckle: :lol:

Gari

Ivan Rakitić: "Happy and proud of our performance""I think the draw is fair. We lacked the final pass to be able to score goals.""It has been a difficult game. We knew that they are very strong."

Last edited:

eaman

Where were the midfield tonight. Not enough of them looking for the ball which forced the defenders to play long balls. Anyway the clasico is usually tougher at the camp nou. Usually better at the bernabeu and hopefully will be again this season

FinBarcelonafan

This is one thing that keeps me perplexed about Messi: It seems there is no rhyme or reason when he gets really motivated vs. he doesn't get motivated at all while playing for us (him playing for Argentina is somewhat different as he seemed to be more focused and more motivated in general), you would think big games like this he would be more motivated but he doesn't appear to be, for whatever reason.

Messi was motivated today. He was even fighting for the ball and stole the ball few times. We just couldn't provide any balls to him today, because our midfield sucked. Messi was there for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi was motivated today. He was even fighting for the ball and stole the ball few times. We just couldn't provide any balls to him today, because our midfield sucked. Messi was there for sure.

He did at the begging yes but then as the game went on his level of commitment dipped, from what I saw.

eaman

He was pretty motivated tonight especially in the first half. The midfield weren't getting enough of the ball to supply him in the second half so he had less of the ball. Also the way he won the ball of kroos in that second half showed how motivated he was

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He was pretty motivated tonight especially in the first half. The midfield weren't getting enough of the ball to supply him in the second half so he had less of the ball. Also the way he won the ball of kroos in that second half showed how motivated he was

I must have missed the Kroos ball situation, to me his level of participation went down as the game went on (perhaps partially due to the reason you mentioned) but I felt he could have tried harder in the second half to stay engaged.

SG-7

IT has to be whatever happened at halftime. In the first half, you can see more through balls and courage to drive the ball forward. Second half it's clear that drive wasn't there (backward passes, stalling on the ball/less through balls). And this is a 100% roll-on effect. He wouldn't have missed that chance in front of goal had he more confidence about him in the way he was playing leading up to that chance. You can even see it in the freekick ...straight at the wall from 28meters out. Should've easily been able to clear the wall with that amount of distance and his ability.

I'm guessing Valverde was comfortable with the DRAW and was too scared of the players making mistakes and potentially losing the match, hence the team playing safer. What it should've been is we are going into halftime at 0-0, Madrid getting slightly tired, so we should look to drive forward more...or at least keep the same fucking intensity as the first half. IF this team was more tired than Madrid going into halftime after sitting in our own half for 70% of the time then might as well right the season off now.

Rory

Badly missing a player willing to run into the space between opponents midfield and defence, receive the ball and turn.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. I thought Messi was quite motivated today. Usually he doesn't do these things.

Home of Barca Fans