Lliga | Round 13: Leganes - FC Barcelona 1-2

raskolnikov

I don't get it. What is the board hoping for with EV? I compare the situation to Ten Hag 2 seasons ago. They were not playing well and there were talks of firing Ten Hag. He changed his tactics around and did something to try and change the situation. EV has done no changes at all the last 2 seasons and yet he is still here.
I honestly believe its political/business for the majority.
This board has interest Outside of football for which barca serve as a means.
So they want to continue the rosell/barto lineage they need to sway the cule’s.

For the most part they look at la liga and El classico to determine the board and its succesor preferable or not.
Purely on paper, Valverde is succesfull in both categories. Basically thanks to Messi and Madrid choking.

Cl’s and humiliations is more an international fanpointbof critique rather than that of the old newspaper reading sandwhich eating cule from catalonia.

So thats why the board prefers to keep valverde along with him being a total puppet who is easily controled and influenced while never pushing back.
Senior players also prefer to have him around to keep their minutes high/keep their salary and position.

So no reason to sack him from the boards point of view if you take their likely underlying motivation in mind.
If not they would have fired him after Roma.

EdmondDantes

Most depressing time as a Barca fan (since Rijkaard - I'm not old enough to remember anything before that).

Today feels very much like post-Anfield except we 'won', with 2 set pieces, playing putrid football against the worst team in the league.

JerseyAddict

Most depressing time as a Barca fan (since Rijkaard - I'm not old enough to remember anything before that).

Today feels very much like post-Anfield except we 'won', with 2 set pieces, playing putrid football against the worst team in the league.

Imagine us that were kicking the roof when Rivaldo scored a scissor goal in last match just to sneak in a CL... That were depressing times.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Imagine us that were kicking the roof when Rivaldo scored a scissor goal in last match just to sneak in a CL... That were depressing times.

When you are used to all the success the last few years, have this squad including Messi and see vastly inferior teams playing better football and getting better results vs. elite competition, this is really depressing.

Good thing I got the NFL season going for me, because watching Barcelona right now is like watching paint dry.

Nothing is going to change next season with Koeman and bad signings all over again. Only hope is getting this board booted. Abidal can fuck off too, I love him, but he's clueless.

Gari

Valverde blames wind and grass for making it hard vs Leganes."Let's return to Barcelona happy."It was not a brilliant game but it was a difficult game to play. They defended well, the wind, the pitch... It was hard to attack and in the end, we managed to win."

devo901

Valverde "They defended well, the wind, the pitch...."

I wonder what next: underground water energy, vodoo from the stands, bad jupiter mars constelation, :facepalm:

srsly, how much better is the pitch at noucamp? because, I have not noticed the ball hopping ... anyone else?

serghei

I wonder what next: underground water energy, vodoo from the stands, bad jupiter mars constelation, :facepalm:

srsly, how much better is the pitch at noucamp? because, I have not noticed the ball hopping ... anyone else?

Uneven lighting.

Givenchy

totally forgot this game was today.. should i bother watching highlights or was it another shitshow?

Jaguar

Flair Trait
totally forgot this game was today.. should i bother watching highlights or was it another shitshow?

Barça has scored 7 goals in last 4 games, with only 1 of those goals coming from open play, scored by frikin Busquets! It's sad to see our club struggling to score from open play but even more sad that the right step forward isn't being taken and Valverde is still the manager. Depressing.

JerseyAddict

When you are used to all the success the last few years, have this squad including Messi and see vastly inferior teams playing better football and getting better results vs. elite competition, this is really depressing.

Good thing I got the NFL season going for me, because watching Barcelona right now is like watching paint dry.

Nothing is going to change next season with Koeman and bad signings all over again. Only hope is getting this board booted. Abidal can fuck off too, I love him, but he's clueless.

Spot on. The board and the whole mentality has to change. It is they that are protecting EV and this shitshow.

hulinat

when the enemy is so defensive you need players who are excellent in passing abilities to break the tight defense ... I doubt if Vidal and Fati are the right ones for a crouded penalty area... ;-)

and which excellent player would you have subbed in to break the tight defense? Rakitic (lol), Alena, Morer, Neto or Araujo?

devo901

I agree it is difficult, probably none.
In the end EV subbed 3x ... but maybe for other reasons as the passing abilities. For example, I like Vidal for his undying fighting spirit, he gives a shit how the rest of the team performs, thus I would love to see him from the start.
he brought Fati for FDJ, but I think it was more "giving FDJ some rest" for the CL game than anything else... but what do I know... Fati did not show anything I can remember now ... or did he?

Home of Barca Fans