Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
to be honest even members of nasser family leaked the agreement
And why would they if it was all done and dusted, on Twitter in troll fashion (shirt posing, "you don't need an official announcement blah blah") nonetheless? If it was, they can just sit back and enjoy the rumours until the club officially announces him. To me this is what screamed nothing is settled yet but they're trying to add the pressure anyway. (That is supposing they were indeed members of the royal family?)

Not saying he won't go to PSG - most likely he will - but at this point it's probably not yet people-waiting-at-the-airport level done.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
PSG make too much sense anyway, unless Man City get involved but Pep made it clear they've moved on from trying to sign Messi.

Horatio

You're welcome
Journalists having us wrapped around their fingers. Will just collectively change the narrative every 4 hours to generate more clicks.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was listening to some guy that follows Barcelona for years on Youtube. He thinks it was Catalan elite that pushed him out to some degree. And he also spoke on how this isn't the first time great players got pushed out in an odd fashion and made list of star players spanning decades on their exit from Barca. I think Barca is a pedigree club priding itself having world class players play in their prime, at their peak. But once they peak it's time to ship them off. Anyways link to video.

I find it hard to believe in the case of Messi. The club clearly wanted him to stay, from Bartomeu last year to Laporta; forcing him to leave at this time, in the middle of a pandemic and full-blown financial crisis when we badly need what he can bring on and off the field, just doesn't make sense.

I don't know if Laporta was lying about Messi's renewal and all the stuff about the CVC deal etc., but I believe they genuinely wanted to keep him.

Hardy

city fans can't believe they are not in the race for him, actually I can't believe as well considering he's a fucking free agent

Mateka

See here, they explain early in the vid:

wage bill was at 110% but even if Leo played for free, it would still be at 95%

whereas the sal cap imposed by La Liga is 70%

The clip was helpful. Barca have to get to 70%. But it does not answer Barca paying 69% by other players leaving and Messi gets 1%.
Yes it is unfair with wages of other players too high. But even with Messi on full salary last season, it was still unfair due to the performance of others. He still collects 34m. in sponsorship alone, plus his investments.

Horatio

You're welcome
I was listening to some guy that follows Barcelona for years on Youtube. He thinks it was Catalan elite that pushed him out to some degree. And he also spoke on how this isn't the first time great players got pushed out in an odd fashion and made list of star players spanning decades on their exit from Barca. I think Barca is a pedigree club priding itself having world class players play in their prime, at their peak. But once they peak it's time to ship them off. Anyways link to video.

How can you think that to be true if we keep offering contract extensions to players that are passed their prime?

Ahh you're saying it only applies to non-catalan players?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Isn't it a mark of endearment ? I know they usually don't use both together. What does it imply ?

I think you meant "Xiao" as "little" here, right? If so, it can be considered endearing or affectionate when you call somebody that who is a kid or a younger adult. The "Er" part in the end is odd, it is usually associated with our Beijing accent, but it is not used to attach it to the name or title of a person etc.

Just pulling your leg man. :cheers:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi going to any of the English clubs will only further elevate the EPL and widen the gap between us. Not in our interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans