Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi V2

Rory

Messi greatest ever barca player, propelled us to heights we're unlikely to see in our lifetime. His influence on the club will continue to generate money for decades. Also a very greedy guy with a greedy family. Last contract he had should have been around 30m a year less to be a few million ahead of Ronaldo.

Does that settle it?

M3ls

Nobody has survived shitting on Messi in this forum. Good luck to you.
Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo and his family were one of the reasons for the current financial situation of Barcelona.

Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo (the version after the 2011-2012 season) is a problem for a coach who wants to see his team play TOTAL football.

Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo’s terrible play (the version after the 2011-2012 season) without the ball in defense and pressing forced the coaches to abandon the basic principles that Cruyff instilled in this club and change the transfer policy.

No one. My arguments have been stated previously. I invite anyone to argue.

Do I still consider Messi individually the greatest player in history? Yes. Absolutely.

Rory

Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo and his family were one of the reasons for the current financial situation of Barcelona.

Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo (the version after the 2011-2012 season) is a problem for a coach who wants to see his team play TOTAL football.

Not a single person will refute my facts that Leo’s terrible play (the version after the 2011-2012 season) without the ball in defense and pressing forced the coaches to abandon the basic principles that Cruyff instilled in this club and change the transfer policy.

Do I still consider Messi individually the greatest player in history? Yes. Absolutely.
Messi's salary was probably around 30m a year more than it should have been. However, our revenue was the highest in the world and he was by far the biggest driving force behind that. If you can't accept that point then won't bother discussing further. Already conceded 30m a year shouldn't have gone to him, lets see if you can accept my point.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Little cowardly rat, you mention Ferran more often than I do. I'm just responding to your stupid claims.
You tried to hurt me by saying that I recommended Ferran's transfer, but then you shit yourself and ran away from the argument when I mentioned Semedo, whose transfer you insisted on. Little cowardly rat, you asked to be released, saying that you were joking when you reproached me for wanting Ferran's transfer to Barcelona when I caught you in a mousetrap, remembering the story of Semedo's transfer.

Well you don’t see me deepthroating Semedo like you do Ferran do you :mou:

Nor do I proclaim myself to be a genius knowing football better than everyone else while looking like the biggest clown on the forum.

One mention of Ferran Torres got your head spinning like I disrespected your husband or something, assuming that’s what you’re into anyway :lol:

Mr. Genius and Total Football mastermind thinks Ferran Torres is some elite player. Sad stuff!

M3ls

Well you don’t see me deepthroating Semedo like you do Ferran do you :mou:

Nor do I proclaim myself to be a genius knowing football better than everyone else while looking like the biggest clown on the forum.

One mention of Ferran Torres got your head spinning like I disrespected your husband or something, assuming that’s what you’re into anyway :lol:

Mr. Genius and Total Football mastermind thinks Ferran Torres is some elite player. Sad stuff!
I think you are deepthroating a lot of time in your daily life, so Semedo's story just didn't fit in your mouth.

Yes, I believe that I understand football better than the average fan, and better than 99.9% of the people on this forum.

I don't see anything offensive to them in this.

pregra

Ahah, and several clowns here proved to me that Leo was ready to play for 50% of his salary and even for free, but bad Laporta got rid of him.

Clowns, you need to understand that while Messi is individually the greatest player in history, he is also one of the most greedy players in history.

It was the fatty appetite of Leo and his father that was one of the reasons for our current financial problems.

You understand how greedy this man was if, while earning gigantic money in Barcelona, he also demanded that the club provide him, his family, and the Suarez family with free VIP boxes.
Read this to understand the situation a bit more: https://www.elespanol.com/deportes/...les-pique-prefiero-no-cobrar/857164539_0.html

El Espanol is even a famous Madrid rag, and still writes the following:

"Sources from UEFA and the RFEF tell EL ESPAÑOL that in the meeting between Messi and Ceferin, Leo conveyed the urgency of creating a fund intended, above all, for the most needy footballers and that he preferred "not to get paid if there is no money." to help everyone."

Yeah, what an asshole Messi is.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Messi is the goat but it’s hard to defend his actions on a ethical and morality level…

Messi is neither a saint nor the devil and anyone trying to argue he is either should be ignored.

He is just a normal guy, who was the best player in the world and wanted his wage to reflect that. Do I regard that as greedy? No. That's just a man who knows his value.

If Pep Guardiola is not the highest paid manager in the world, for example, then he is underselling himself and I would regard him as rather naive.

DonAK

I think you are deepthroating a lot of time in your daily life, so Semedo's story just didn't fit in your mouth.

Yes, I believe that I understand football better than the average fan, and better than 99.9% of the people on this forum.

I don't see anything offensive to them in this.

Well considering you rate Ferran Torres so highly I’d say you’re one of the dumbest guys around here, but you know I’m no genius like you :VdB:

One mention of Ferran got you google translating until your fingers start hurting.

M3ls

Messi is neither a saint nor the devil and anyone trying to argue he is either should be ignored.

He is just a normal guy, who was the best player in the world and wanted his wage to reflect that. Do I regard that as greedy? No. That's just a man who knows his value.

If Pep Guardiola is not the highest paid manager in the world, for example, then he is underselling himself and I would regard him as rather naive.
There is no problem if you are Messi and receive 40 million euros, when the conditional De Bruyne, who is also a world-class player, receives 20 million euros. Okay, no problem.

The problem arises when De Bruyne receives 20 million euros, and Messi received 555 million euros for a 4-year contract. This includes various bonuses:
a signing bonus 115,225,000 euros and a loyalty bonus of 77,929,955 euros.
555 million / 4 = 138 million euros.
This is real madness, even if we imagine that De Bruyne earns 30 million euros with bonuses (I took the maximum realistically possible bonus - 10 million) this is still madness.

I don't put Messi and De Bruyne on the same level, but a gap of 108 million euros (138-30) is still pure madness.

Last edited:

M3ls

Well considering you rate Ferran Torres so highly I’d say you’re one of the dumbest guys around here, but you know I’m no genius like you :VdB:

One mention of Ferran got you google translating until your fingers start hurting.
You better worry about your mouth, which has to work every day.

KingLeo10

His 14-15 season is arguably the greatest ever individual club season, or at worst, second only to 10/11.

Man dropped 90 goals + assists in 14-15 (out of our 175 goals scored) and spearheaded a dominant European treble win :lol:

Then there's 18-19 where he absolutely carried us too :lol:

M3ls

There is no problem if you are Messi and receive 40 million euros, when the conditional De Bruyne, who is also a world-class player, receives 20 million euros. Okay, no problem.

The problem arises when De Bruyne receives 20 million euros, and Messi received 555 million euros for a 4-year contract. This includes various bonuses:
a signing bonus 115,225,000 euros and a loyalty bonus of 77,929,955 euros.
555 million / 4 = 138 million euros.
This is real madness, even if we imagine that De Bruyne earns 30 million euros with bonuses (I took the maximum realistically possible bonus - 10 million) this is still madness.

I don't put Messi and De Bruyne on the same level, but a gap of 108 million euros (138-30) is still pure madness.

He requested signing bonus and loyalty bonus of €193 million (115,225,000 + 77,929,955). And we are talking about our club graduate, a man who swore his love to the club. He didn't even stop at just a high base salary and standard performance bonuses. But no, he wanted some kind of damn loyalty bonus and signing bonus. And in total it cost an insane 193 million euros. You are truly crazy if you want to say that Leo and his family are not greedy people.

DonAK

You better worry about your mouth, which has to work every day.

For real though, why are you obsessed with Ferran Torres? I don't think they like that type of stuff over there in Chechnya. Be careful so you don't end up disappearing due to your extreme Ferran desires and fantasies mate.

Home of Barca Fans